Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

View Poll Results: If you were Head Coach, what would YOU do with Mark Sanchez now?

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • Start Him for the Rest of the Season, Period.

50 32.26%
  • Start Him for another few games (2+ at least) see how he does. Replace only if horrible.

45 29.03%
  • Start him ONE more game, sink or swim. Replace if we lose or he plays badly.

16 10.32%
  • Bench Him, Start Tebow Going Forward (McElroy if Tebow Fails)

21 13.55%
  • Bench Him, Start McElroy Goign Forward (Tebow if McElroy Fails)

23 14.84%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What Would YOU Do With Mark Sanchez Now?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    "Shonn Greene"
    Calling Shonn Greene a JAG is an insult to all JAG's. He's terrible.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Calling Shonn Greene a JAG is an insult to all JAG's. He's terrible.
    A former JAG turned complete scrub?

I did appreciate his probably season-long 12 yard scamper in the 4th quarter, only took about 6 seconds for him to make it to the 1st down marker

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    Please tell me how that INT was Sanchez's fault
    Because if you roll the dice often enough, eventually they'll come up snake-eyes. He had at least 7-8 passes tipped that game, and the second int was on a high throw over the middle. Those get tipped and intercepted quite often. Also, did everyone forget his horrific fumble, where he got unbelievable lucky? Sanchez had luck swing his way as often as not yesterday, but he was never able to capitalize on the good swings of fortune.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Poll Forthcoming.
    You forgot "Slap That Little B!tch Until He Cries"

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Start him one more game sink or swim and tell him up front, "This is your very last chance. If you do not lead this offense and play well, improve your accuracy, then you will be replaced. It's as simple as that. And it shouldn't come as any shock to anyone if that is done, this has been discussed for a long time now.

Agreed. He should get one more game. Indy is the 19th ranked D. 3 of his last 4 games were vs. top 5 D's. If he can't play well at home vs. a bottom half D then his time as a starter should be over.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    You forgot "Slap That Little B!tch Until He Cries"
    "If he cries...he cries."

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreement is a beautiful thing

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Who gives a sh*t, excuse maker?!

We were in the this game and could have won it with 2minutes and change. Then, what does Sanchez do? He throws one of his patented horribly inaccurate throws that gets tipped (natural reaction by the WR trying to make a play)by the WR and gets intercepted.

So make excuses all you want about the JJ Watt pick, and I wouldn't necessarily disagree with you, but you CANNOT make any excuses about the pick that closed out the game. That was on Sanchez hook, line, and sinker.
    You are so extreme and so wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Watch the tape, neck.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    All Mark Sanchez needs to be successful is a top-5 running game, an elite pass blocking OL, two #1 receivers, a beast at TE, a top-5 defense, and Bill Walsh on the sideline.

We should be more patient.
    Do you consider Holmes, Edwards, and Cotchery to be number one receivers? Keller a beast TE? Would anyone in the NFL? They can't even get on the field for their teams at this point.
    Bottom line it worked for Sanchez in 2010, and this years Sanchez would put up good numbers if these guys were playing.
    So stop it with Sanchez needing all pro's in every position, as is the case these guys were not even close to top NFL skill players.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone should make a gif of the cumberland play. Watched it a few times myself and should definately have been caught. Not a great pass, but Cumberland had position and should have snagged it out of the air.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hard to love Sanchez but it's crystal clear that he is the best QB on the roster. The Jets are 2 and 3 and have faced some very good defensive teams with less then a full deck. 2 and 3 isn't out of contention in this league particularly when 2 of your wins are in confrence.

Way to much panic on this board right now. The team looked over all decent last night which in this NFL puts you in contention for a playoff spot.

The coaching staff has to stabalize things and the Jets have to win a couple of close winable games to turn this around. It can be turned around but not by dumping your best option at QB.

If we had a better option at QB have at it, I don't believe we do and putting less talent on the field unless the guy is a complete locker room cancer is never a good way to win.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    Do you consider Holmes, Edwards, and Cotchery to be number one receivers? Keller a beast TE? Would anyone in the NFL? They can't even get on the field for their teams at this point.
    Bottom line it worked for Sanchez in 2010, and this years Sanchez would put up good numbers if these guys were playing.
    So stop it with Sanchez needing all pro's in every position, as is the case these guys were not even close to top NFL skill players.
    If Sanchez's 2010 season "worked" for you, then you've either forgotten how poorly he played in several games that year or you have a very low bar for QB play.

The latter half of the bold section is pure speculation. None of the players you mentioned were going to get more open than Holmes, Schilens and Cromartie were on the three sure TDs this year that Sanchez left on the field with poor throws.

I'll give you that those guys would probably create more opportunities for completions, but that doesn't make Sanchez a more accurate QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    You are so extreme and so wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Watch the tape, neck.

The experts disagree as well. Sanchez is no Bree's, but EVERY QB analyst has shown in detail how Mark is not even close to the real problem here.

I truly wonder what Bree's would look like on this team?

I would bet...not so hot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They have to stick with Sanchez. He's the best QB on the team and gives them the best chance to win.

That said, I think the way they're running the offense, shuttling in the Tebow package in and out, is really, really, really stupid.

Nobody can get into a rhythm.

If they insist on using both QBs, at least give Tebow a full series -- I think that will help both guys.

But whatever they're doing now has to change because it's clearly not working. I have no idea why they took Tebow out after he had the run to the 3 yardline. Let him finish it.

And on the other hand, stop making Sanchez sprint in and out of the huddle.

It's aggravating to watch I can't imagine how aggravating it is for 6.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    They have to stick with Sanchez. He's the best QB on the team and gives them the best chance to win.

That said, I think the way they're running the offense, shuttling in the Tebow package in and out, is really, really, really stupid.

Nobody can get into a rhythm.

If they insist on using both QBs, at least give Tebow a full series -- I think that will help both guys.

But whatever they're doing now has to change because it's clearly not working. I have no idea why they took Tebow out after he had the run to the 3 yardline. Let him finish it.

And on the other hand, stop making Sanchez sprint in and out of the huddle.

It's aggravating to watch I can't imagine how aggravating it is for 6.

I could have sworn I read somewhere before the game last night that that was what the CS was planning to do. But sure enough, everytime he came in for a play, he was right back out.

Frankly, giving Tebow a full series or two is the best way to figure this QB situation out. Start Sanchez, and if the offense is struggling, give Tebow a series to see what he can do. No substitutions, no dual QBs, just Tebow and the spread option. It's the best way to figure out what he can actually bring to the table and how well he can move the ball compared to Sanchez. If Tebow is playing well, go with it until it fails. Eventually you'll have enough body of work to make a decision of whether or not to start Tebow at all, rather than simply declaring "Tebow's starting" and hoping he doesn't suck.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Bench him

It's laughable to me that so many think that Tebow could be some sort of significant downgrade.

The two times that we've let Tebow throw the ball this year, he completed a 9 yarder to Epps and almost hit Jason Hill in the hands for a long TD last night if it wasn't for a great play by the Texans DB.

At least Tebow can make some plays with his legs, can actually throw a damn good deep ball, and doesn't go into the fetal position like a scared puss anytime a defender comes within arms reach of him.

We know at this point that Sanchez isn't the longterm answer, so why keep treading water and wasting time?

Let Tebow finish out the year then draft another QB in April.
    I just don't want Tebow eeking out an extra game that kills draft position but doesn't really show us anything.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I could have sworn I read somewhere before the game last night that that was what the CS was planning to do. But sure enough, everytime he came in for a play, he was right back out.

Frankly, giving Tebow a full series or two is the best way to figure this QB situation out. Start Sanchez, and if the offense is struggling, give Tebow a series to see what he can do. No substitutions, no dual QBs, just Tebow and the spread option. It's the best way to figure out what he can actually bring to the table and how well he can move the ball compared to Sanchez. If Tebow is playing well, go with it until it fails. Eventually you'll have enough body of work to make a decision of whether or not to start Tebow at all, rather than simply declaring "Tebow's starting" and hoping he doesn't suck.
    I agree. Go with the hot hand.

And I'm sure Tebow is better suited to face certain teams... so use him if it's working. And let him throw the ball more. It will soften up the D.

If Tebow can't get anything going, stick with Sanchez and don't fuk with him by pulling him out in the middle of a drive. It's just so damn stupid and I can't understand why the coaches haven't picked up on this.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    played wk 5 not wk 15..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Hard to love Sanchez but it's crystal clear that he is the best QB on the roster. The Jets are 2 and 3 and have faced some very good defensive teams with less then a full deck. 2 and 3 isn't out of contention in this league particularly when 2 of your wins are in confrence.

Way to much panic on this board right now. The team looked over all decent last night which in this NFL puts you in contention for a playoff spot.

The coaching staff has to stabalize things and the Jets have to win a couple of close winable games to turn this around. It can be turned around but not by dumping your best option at QB.

If we had a better option at QB have at it, I don't believe we do and putting less talent on the field unless the guy is a complete locker room cancer is never a good way to win.
    2 weeks ago I'd have agreed with this 100% but now I am just not sure. Mark is playing Russell bad right now so saying Tebow or even some guy off the street is a downgrade I'm just not sure. He doesn't show confidence and the rest of the players see that. That is usually when you take your QB out. Rex is loyal to a fault IMO. The fact that we haven't seen Mcknight because his ability is better utilized in ST and as A FRIGGEN CB is crazy. He is the only RB we have with ability and has had 7 snaps all year. sad just friggen sad.

I do like who people make excuses for Sanchez then say Tebow is a bad QB as well. He had success in Denver for the most part and did not have more then Sanchez. Lloyd left and wasn't that good to start. Decker and Thomas did not exactly have a career of experience and Royal wasn't much help either. Ok he had a good RB but no OL or TE. If anything I'd say put Tebow in right now and leave Sanchez's QBR at 66.6 and call it Tebows lucky number.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    Someone should make a gif of the cumberland play. Watched it a few times myself and should definately have been caught. Not a great pass, but Cumberland had position and should have snagged it out of the air.
    I'm so sick and tired of this guy. That drop was brutal. One of the worst miscues by a Jets receiver I've ever seen. Anyone who blames Sanchez for that play because it was only a decent pass and not 1000% accurate has their head in Skip Bayless's crotch.