Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Will Mark Sanchez Be In The League In 5 Years?

  1. #1
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Third Stone From The Sun
    Posts
    237

    Will Mark Sanchez Be In The League In 5 Years?

    I have my doubts

  2. #2
    I don't know. He might be able to stick with an organization as like a 3rd string QB, but that is all he has to hope for. He could be selling insurance in two years also.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,425
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan29 View Post
    I have my doubts
    David Carr is still in the league...............

  4. #4
    no way he will be in the hall of fame.

  5. #5
    Probably...somebody has to hold the clip board for the starter...

  6. #6
    I think so, he won't be getting paid 16 mill a year, but if he wants to make 1 mill a year to carry a clipboard, sure.

  7. #7
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I don't know. He might be able to stick with an organization as like a 3rd string QB, but that is all he has to hope for. He could be selling insurance in two years also.
    Lmao. I'm surprise you stopped short of, "he could be dead by then, for all we know... or care."

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Lmao. I'm surprise you stopped short of, "he could be dead by then, for all we know... or care."
    Despite what you may think of me, I am not hateful. What you just suggested is hateful. It's nothing personal against Sanchez, I actually like the kid. I just know he's a complete and entire FAILURE as the NYJ QB.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    David Carr is still in the league...............
    exactly, so is brady quinn for that matter. He has shown enough that he can bounce around for another 10yrs if he wants, as a back-up, maybe even win a QB competition for an also-ran down the road.

  10. #10
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Despite what you may think of me, I am not hateful. What you just suggested is hateful. It's nothing personal against Sanchez, I actually like the kid. I just know he's a complete and entire FAILURE as the NYJ QB.
    You've been in the woods too long. So how did we get to 2 AFC championships? A complete failure would've found a way to lose one of the earlier games for us.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,799
    He's gonna be in Arizona dominating with Fitz.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,150
    Maybe

    Sanchez can play in this league, he's just not a competent starter.

    He'd make a solid backup who can come in and win a few games in a pinch IMO.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    You've been in the woods too long. So how did we get to 2 AFC championships? A complete failure would've found a way to lose one of the earlier games for us.
    Well, we sure as hell didn't RELY on Sanchez to get those wins. Sanchez was along for the ride in those wins. And this is so typical of a Sanchez apologist, you use a 6 game sample and make the decision that he's untouchable.

    Whereas people with a normal thought process, will use 51 regular season starts as a more accurate reflection of what the kid is capable of.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,970
    Mark has a future in this league. He might even be a decent qb one day. But it is not going to happen here. The relationship has gone sour btwn new york and sanchez and he just cant produce here.

    Look at it like a marriage. Just becasue 2 people get divorced does not mean neither of them can ever have a successful marriage.

    Mark might be successful in this league in the future. but its just not going to happen here.

  15. #15
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Well, we sure as hell didn't RELY on Sanchez to get those wins. Sanchez was along for the ride in those wins. And this is so typical of a Sanchez apologist, you use a 6 game sample and make the decision that he's untouchable.

    Whereas people with a normal thought process, will use 51 regular season starts as a more accurate reflection of what the kid is capable of.
    You missed my point completely.

    You said he is a COMPLETE FAILURE. He isn't. You're so blinded, there's no listening to reason.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan29 View Post
    I have my doubts
    Absolutely. he will be a good backup QB starting in about 2-3 weeks. Im guessing we replace him during the bye week

  17. #17
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,405
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    Absolutely. he will be a good backup QB starting in about 2-3 weeks. Im guessing we replace him during the bye week
    If we're a game out of first it won't happen. My guess is things have to go south and we'll be in the cellar before it happens. In which case I would welcome it to see what else we got.

  18. #18
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,459
    Brady Quinn says 'hello'

  19. #19
    The only reason he might not be is because he will choose to retire after leading us to 5 consecutive Super Bowl victories because he is just bored of dominating the NFL.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I don't know. He might be able to stick with an organization as like a 3rd string QB, but that is all he has to hope for. He could be selling insurance in two years also.
    Selling Insurance? Do you mean owning an insurance company with all the money he milked us for?
    Last edited by LA Jet Fan; 10-09-2012 at 08:08 PM. Reason: spelling

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us