Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Wow!
    And it wasn't a fluke. He was excellent last year as well:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-2011-numbers/

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Exactly....Cro had a good game vs Texans no doubt, but Andre has 17 catches so far on the season, he isnt what he used to be by any stretch.

There was a short thing in the paper about cro taking more of a leadership (yes take that with a grain of salt) role, putting in more time with film etc, which would be great. I just hate that he is so unfundamentally sound....although he has been better with the penalties this year.

I would love to see us back to the Old Rex Defense on passing downs this week....put wilkerson and coples as down lineman, everyone standing up and moving around pre snap so we can get some blitzes going and hopefully confuse Luck a little with the coverage.
    Johnson was still on pace for 1,000+ yards this year. Holding the guy without a catch is impressive.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Seriously,

Just look at the Giants, the Packers etc. They had a decent at best secondary, and a ferocious pass rusher and a good qb.

That is the formula.
    A good pass rush can turn jag corners into really good ones. I still remember John Abrahams last good year here with Ellis and Thomas and such. Jets had Donny Abraham and I think Barrett at CB neither world beaters at the time but they looked good that year because we had a consistently good pass rush.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Johnson was still on pace for 1,000+ yards this year. Holding the guy without a catch is impressive.
    It was impressive, no question.

The problem with cro is what it always has been and always will be....he is great against the taller, straight line speed guys like johnson and like Moss when he was tailing off the year revis got hurt. He even had a decent day vs Wallace except for his huge brain fart on the TD (which except for the last second, he had good coverage on).

His issue is that he struggles so much with quicker, smaller WRs which happen to be more and more prevalent these days. The doubel move brian hartline put on him left cro's jock on the field.

Wayne is gonna prove to be a tough matchup when they stack him....we are gonna need to double him and make the young TEs or avery beat us.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem with cro is what it always has been and always will be....he is great against the taller, straight line speed guys like johnson and like Moss when he was tailing off the year revis got hurt. He even had a decent day vs Wallace except for his huge brain fart on the TD (which except for the last second, he had good coverage on).

His issue is that he struggles so much with quicker, smaller WRs which happen to be more and more prevalent these days. The doubel move brian hartline put on him left cro's jock on the field.

Wayne is gonna prove to be a tough matchup when they stack him....we are gonna need to double him and make the young TEs or avery beat us.
    I think that's overstated. We don't see Cro struggling much out there. As far as Hartline goes, I don't think Cro thought the guy was capable of doing that to him and underestimated him.

At the end of the year, when you look at Cro's stats, you see that the receivers he was covering didn't catch the ball more often than they did catch the ball. And a lot of the times, Cromartie is in better position to catch the ball than the WR. I sometimes wonder how good of a WR he can be.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Wayne has some very 'shifty' moves. It took Revis a few times to really nail the moves down.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...is-beat-Reggie

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    He played very well except for when Owen Daniels beat him like a drum.

He's a good player but he's vastly overrated by this fanbase. The guy still makes a ton of mental errors. I can't help but laugh when anyone mentions him as a Top 10 CB.
    Other than Revis, Woodson (who's really a Safety), and Patrick Peterson, you will be hard pressed to find better than Cro.

I'd like to see you name them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    This dude is playing OUT OF HIS MIND. The one catch Johnson had last night was when he was covering Walter. His play has really picked up with Revis out. His place makes Revis trade able imo. Trade Revis for cap relief to help out the pass rush, receiving core, and etc. I'd roll with Cro and someone like a Sheppard like we did in 09.
    Please tell us how the jets can trade Revis and get cap relief? Dio you know how the cap works? Do you know that Revis still has 4 more years of unamortized SB that will hit the jets cap as soon as he leaves on his own volition or if the jets trade him?

His cap hit next year if he is on the team is 9,000,000 but if they trade him the cap hit is 12,000,000. It will cost the jets 3,000,000 in cap space to trade him. If he plays next year for the jets and then opts out of his contract, it still cost the jets 9,000,000 towards the 2014 cap.

Tanny- Cap Genius.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cro is underrated because he has 7 baby momas, a big mouth, and plays behind Revis. The guy is EASILY a top 10 corner. I don't think people realize how go-dammed awful the CB position is around the league. Guys are getting embarrassed left and right.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nnamdi Asomogha is doing much better now a days

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Other than Revis, Woodson (who's really a Safety), and Patrick Peterson, you will be hard pressed to find better than Cro.

I'd like to see you name them.
    Woodson sucks. He hasn't been good for the past 2-3 years.

Cro definitely belongs in the second best CB discussion after Revis. My list would be:

Cro
    Lardarius Webb
    Peterson
    Haden

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Darrelle Revis
    Joe Haden
    Patrick Peterson
    Cortland Finnegan
    Brandon Flowers
    Brandon Browner
    Nnamdi Asomugha
    Brent Grimes
    Ladarius Webb
    Champ Bailey

That's 10 CB's that I would easily take over Cromartie.
    Cro is better than Finnegan, Flowers, Browner, Webb, Grimes, and even Asotoast

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Cro is better than Finnegan, Flowers, Browner, Webb, Grimes, and even Asotoast
    You gonna belive your eyes, and stats, or SOJFs like Touchable? Cro sucks. It has been decided. Pack it in the season is over. Fire everyone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Darrelle Revis
    Joe Haden
    Patrick Peterson
    Cortland Finnegan
    Brandon Flowers
    Brandon Browner
    Nnamdi Asomugha
    Brent Grimes
    Ladarius Webb
    Champ Bailey

That's 10 CB's that I would easily take over Cromartie.
    That's a sweet list. Forget what these blow jobbers are saying. Cro flashes, and flashes bright, but he's doesn't crack that company. Not even close.

...though you need to take Aso out of there. He's getting raped this year. Samuel is still playing lights out. Tillman's having a great year too.

Clairborne looks like
    his price tag so far IMO.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope he keeps it up. One of his best games Monday night.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    why such inconsistent love for cromartie? he's done nothing but play well for the jets. certainly better than he was with san diego in his last couple years there. he's not up with revis but he is capable of making some really great plays and can cover good receivers. right now he's the only thing close to being a playmaker on defense.