Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cromartie

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Cromartie

This dude is playing OUT OF HIS MIND. The one catch Johnson had last night was when he was covering Walter. His play has really picked up with Revis out. His place makes Revis trade able imo. Trade Revis for cap relief to help out the pass rush, receiving core, and etc. I'd roll with Cro and someone like a Sheppard like we did in 09.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    id prefer to tandem up revis and cro and nobody throws on us. we work on stopping the run and we have a monster defense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two bad Sheppard barely even played in 2009.

Didnt Tranny give up a 2nd in that deal?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    id prefer to tandem up revis and cro and nobody throws on us. we work on stopping the run and we have a monster defense.
    I thought that's what the Jets have been trying to do the last two years?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like that was the strategy for last years absolutely mediocre defense.

You can't have a monster defense when you pay your CB's 20 million dollars combined.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    I thought that's what the Jets have been trying to do the last two years?
    LMAO

You beat me.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    He played very well except for when Owen Daniels beat him like a drum.

He's a good player but he's vastly overrated by this fanbase. The guy still makes a ton of mental errors. I can't help but laugh when anyone mentions him as a Top 10 CB.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post

You can't have a monster defense when you pay your CB's 20 million dollars combined.
    no we had an offense that couldnt score points superstars or not.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

He's a good player but he's vastly overrated by this fanbase. The guy still makes a ton of mental errors. I can't help but laugh when anyone mentions him as a Top 10 CB.
    Another thread has some analyst blaming Landry for that TD.

Cro was in a hard spot there, they were in zone and he had to pick a side to defend.

All CB's make mental errors btw, Cro is definitely top 10.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    no we had an offense that couldnt score points superstars or not.
    If this isn't a GMC post I dont know what is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude he was expecting help over the top but both safeties bit on the PA. Cro makes many mistakes but that wasn't his fault.

He's not only top 10, but he's top 5! We are so spoiled having Revis alongside him that we forget he's on another planet compared to the other CB's in the league.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Bingo! Great D' are built by the front 7. Heck, I could've played CB for the 86 Bears. They only needed to cover for about 2.5 seconds. Did you see how long Shaab had to pass last night. On some plays the secondary had to cover for 6 or 7 seconds or more. He was never under any real pressure and able to just leisurely survey the field. And he's not even very mobile. But that does not really matter since the Jets pass rush probably would have a tough time against a QB with a walker.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another thread has some analyst blaming Landry for that TD.

Cro was in a hard spot there, they were in zone and he had to pick a side to defend.

All CB's make mental errors btw, Cro is definitely top 10.
    I agree. I thought Cro played a great game. He was on all defensive snaps and played some offense. Played more snaps than anyone on the field.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Bingo! Great D' are built by the front 7. Heck, I could've played CB for the 86 Bears. They only needed to cover for about 2.5 seconds. Did you see how long Shaab had to pass last night. On some plays the secondary had to cover for 6 or 7 seconds or more. He was never under any real pressure and able to just leisurely survey the field. And he's not even very mobile. But that does not really matter since the Jets pass rush probably would have a tough time against a QB with a walker.
    Seriously,

Just look at the Giants, the Packers etc. They had a decent at best secondary, and a ferocious pass rusher and a good qb.

That is the formula.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cro isnt any better or worse then hes been in the past. Everyone is shutting andre johnson down this year. His last 4 games he hasnt surpassed the 3 catch mark.

Cro is a good player. Always has been.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Dude he was expecting help over the top but both safeties bit on the PA. Cro makes many mistakes but that wasn't his fault.

He's not only top 10, but he's top 5! We are so spoiled having Revis alongside him that we forget he's on another planet compared to the other CB's in the league.
    Darrelle Revis
    Joe Haden
    Patrick Peterson
    Cortland Finnegan
    Brandon Flowers
    Brandon Browner
    Nnamdi Asomugha
    Brent Grimes
    Ladarius Webb
    Champ Bailey

That's 10 CB's that I would easily take over Cromartie.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously,

Just look at the Giants, the Packers etc. They had a decent at best secondary, and a ferocious pass rusher and a good qb.

That is the formula.
    You forgot Pit, until they got Polomolu, their secondary was always atrocious, but it was hard to notice when the QB was pissin' his pants whenever he dropped back to pass.

Honestly, I thought the Jets were trying to build the front 7 with Wilk, Ellis, and Coples and then intended to add some OLBs, but I have some concern that the Jets just do not draft well. I'm kinda hoping Tanny is shown the door and they look to Pitt, Balt, or even the Giants for a new GM who actually knows how to draft talented, athletic players.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Darrelle Revis
    Joe Haden
    Patrick Peterson
    Cortland Finnegan
    Brandon Flowers
    Brandon Browner
    Nnamdi Asomugha
    Brent Grimes
    Ladarius Webb
    Champ Bailey

That's 10 CB's that I would easily take over Cromartie.
    Yeah, no. You've always been anti-Cromartie, so you try to minimize just how good he is.

Last week Cromartie was responsible for covering Andre Johnson most of the time, and held Johnson without a catch on his watch while also recording an interception. Receivers have a catch rate of just 41.4 when Cromartie is in coverage, which is the lowest among cornerbacks targeted 20 or more times.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...s-jets-week-6/

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Yeah, no. You've always been anti-Cromartie, so you try to minimize just how good he is.

Last week Cromartie was responsible for covering Andre Johnson most of the time, and held Johnson without a catch on his watch while also recording an interception. Receivers have a catch rate of just 41.4 when Cromartie is in coverage, which is the lowest among cornerbacks targeted 20 or more times.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...s-jets-week-6/
    Wow!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Cro isnt any better or worse then hes been in the past. Everyone is shutting andre johnson down this year. His last 4 games he hasnt surpassed the 3 catch mark.

Cro is a good player. Always has been.
    Exactly....Cro had a good game vs Texans no doubt, but Andre has 17 catches so far on the season, he isnt what he used to be by any stretch.

There was a short thing in the paper about cro taking more of a leadership (yes take that with a grain of salt) role, putting in more time with film etc, which would be great. I just hate that he is so unfundamentally sound....although he has been better with the penalties this year.

I would love to see us back to the Old Rex Defense on passing downs this week....put wilkerson and coples as down lineman, everyone standing up and moving around pre snap so we can get some blitzes going and hopefully confuse Luck a little with the coverage.