Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If the NFL Draft was tomorrow...

Jets Insider VIP
    If the Jets end up with a Top 5 or even Top 10 pick, they have to seriously consider a QB.

We can't just continue with this "pie in the sky" way of thinking that Sanchez is going to magically transform into a franchise QB if we give him another receiver or two.

In all likelihood, Sanchez is what he is.

A mediocre QB who can win if he's surrounded by a strong supporting cast, but will never be capable of putting this offense on his back when times are tough.

So I say, move on.

With REX at helm ... OLB, ILB, RB

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Rah_Rah19 View Post
    Stop being a SOJF talking about the draft like the season is already over. It doesn't matter who we pick because our team is so stacked and has such remarkable depth that we will dominate the NFL for the forseeable future. Last night's game was the turning point. Rex has this team ready to play.
    Hahaha who ever you are you win 100 internet points

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If the Jets end up with a Top 5 or even Top 10 pick, they have to seriously consider a QB.

We can't just continue with this "pie in the sky" way of thinking that Sanchez is going to magically transform into a franchise QB if we give him another receiver or two.

In all likelihood, Sanchez is what he is.

A mediocre QB who can win if he's surrounded by a strong supporting cast, but will never be capable of putting this offense on his back when times are tough.

So I say, move on.
    Geno Smith may very well go #1, which leaves yet another USC QB for us to draft... do we pull the trigger on Barkley? I wouldn't

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Geno Smith may very well go #1, which leaves yet another USC QB for us to draft... do we pull the trigger on Barkley? I wouldn't
    No, I take Tyler Wilson.

1. QB
    2. OLB w/ speed to pressure the QB/hang with a TE
    3. RB
    4. OG
    5. TE

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    No, I take Tyler Wilson.
    Agree. I don't absolutely love Wilson, but he's accurate and can read a defense.
    I don't like Barkley.

trade up

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    If Sanchez is too expensive to move, make him a back up.Tebow must go while you can get some value.Smith would be a nice pick, but with all the holes onthe team, multiple picks for the new GM works fine.

What will the jets likely do?

First round, draft a nonskill player from somewhere like uconn.
    Second round, cornerback
    Third round, olb from tennessee-martin

Hoping they break the trend of Terrible Tanny Drafts and pick Geno. But not likely.

All Pro
    With the way salaries are structured in today's NFL for draft picks,every yr with my 1st and 2nd round pick i choose the BPA at these positions regardless of what i have on my team and in this order.

QB :
    DE/OLBer : depending on scheme
    LT :
    OC :
    RB :
    DT/NT

3rd :
    WR :
    MLB:
    FS :

4th - 7th :
    BPA Period

All League
    Slightly off topic, but I'm hoping the Jets try to invest in a quality guard via free agency to replace Moore. Going into the 2013 season with Ducasse/Mangold/QualityRG could really open up holes for whatever RB we draft in 2013.

RB and FA G would help a great deal. A real threat in the run game makes a difference for the whole team. I think that Sanchez is here to stay for at least one more year

Quote Originally Posted by Rah_Rah19 View Post
    Stop being a SOJF talking about the draft like the season is already over. It doesn't matter who we pick because our team is so stacked and has such remarkable depth that we will dominate the NFL for the forseeable future. Last night's game was the turning point. Rex has this team ready to play.
    This isn't really too far off from what Ray would say.

with this same front office,you won't get no olb because they believe pace, thomas and scott is their guy and revis will swallow the whole field.

1st round they will take a safety
    2nd round dt
    3rd round kicker

that's how the fo operates.

i would go

1st. ol or olb
    2nd rb
    3rd wr

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Mongo or whoever is the best pass rushing OLB on the board. No sense reaching for a QB, there are no Andrew Lucks or RG3s on the board. We can add a stud RB via free agency, sign or draft an O-lineman, sign or draft a cover safety, and we are right back in the thick of things.

We are closer to during up the D into an elite unit than we are to revamping the offense with a rookie QB. Unless there is a cant miss prospect on the board, I go defense and finish the job Rex is trying to build.
    If Geno Smith is there when the Jets draft, it should be a done deal. End of story. Otherwise, unless there is a stud Olinemen for the next millennium or a Trent Richardson, I'd go OLB. We have so very many needs (QB RB, TE, OL, ILB, OLB, S) it's hard to know where to begin. It would help if we had all our picks for once.

It's totally a sad sad indictment that we could list any one of about 5 or 6 positions to use our 1st few picks on.

All Pro
    Looking at the model i proposed, alot of the fans around here would be happier if the Jets followed it. You do not draft an interior defensive or offensive player with your 1st round pick unless it's a stud NT or Stud OC.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJoe View Post

-An OLB with some speed to help replace Thomas

You?

Well, I've been calling for this one for 7 years. They only did it once - Gholston - and he busted. Why haven't they gone back to it? Who knows.

Besides OLB, the priorities have to be OT (OL in general) and WR.

1. Geno Smith
    2. Geno Smith
    3. Geno Smith

We need a franchise QB and will not be a perenial Super Bowl
    contender until we get one. This kid is the real deal and would be
    perfect for us.