Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Just report jet news and stfu!
    Dont tell me to shut up. GFY moron.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Pulling the plug on Sanchez now is dumb

He deserves at least half the season and a healthy roster, at least with the players that aren't on IR, S Hill, Keller, etc.

Injuries are derailing the season more than anything else, those that refuse to acknowledge this, don't get it.

I understand if Sanchez struggled with a healthy team, then the angst by fans is warranted, but not now.
    Tell me, what difference is getting Stephen Hill back going to make? Hill is raw and hasn't learned how to run routes yet. Sanchez doesn't even see him on the field. So for you to say he needs Hill back is ridiculous.

The only guy that you could make an argument that Sanchez has any chemistry with is Keller. The other guys? He has no idea who they even are.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Tell me, what difference is getting Stephen Hill back going to make? Hill is raw and hasn't learned how to run routes yet. Sanchez doesn't even see him on the field. So for you to say he needs Hill back is ridiculous.

The only guy that you could make an argument that Sanchez has any chemistry with is Keller. The other guys? He has no idea who they even are.
    Partially agree. Sanchez has developed some good chemistry with both Keller and Holmes, as well as Kerley to a lesser degree. But at WR2 with Hill there's nothing established yet.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    A lot of us want to start Tebow simply to turn the page on the Mark Sanchez era. It's not because I think Tebow will come in and light it up. Our franchise QB isn't even on the roster right now.

Sanchez, Tebow, McElroy...none of these guys are the future.

Start Tebow for the rest of the year and draft a QB in April.
    So everyone's newest complaint is that this team is flawed because the FO and the coaching staff fails to develop its players. But the answer is scrap the season and start Tebow?

If you really want to try to develop some of the younger guys on offense on this team...Kerely...Hill...McKnight...Powell...Tebow cannot see the field.

With Tebow at QB we'll run a gimmicky offense and that will only hurt the development of the young guys.

You want to give up on this season....fine. But if you give up on this season by going to Tebow you're hurting the future too.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Dead on, IMO:

Dead. On.
    A lot if is right but there is a huge flaw in his argument. I still can't understand how people say we got to the AFCG despite Sanchez. If you were to say they made the playoffs those 2 years in spite of him then I would agree with you. But in a few of those six playoff games, Sanchez was the best player on the field, including easily the Jets best player in the two losses. They lost those 2 championship games in spite of him. They won those playoff games because of him.

Impossible to say you won in spite of QB play who posted a 9-3 TD-INT ratio, a 60% completion rate, and a 94+ QB rating which is top 10 in NFL playoff history.

Those games show that he has all the tools to succeed. But for whatever reasons he hasn't be able to put it together.

The real one to blame here is Tannenbaum, and a lot of people would agree with me. Sanchez was set up for failure this year. With no running backs, and only 1 WR who would be a top three receiver on any other team in the league he has absoluteness nothing to work with. Many of us saw the no talent on offense issue from a mile away in the off season. It didnt help but Holmes injury was the final nail in the coffin. You dont go into the season with only one competent WR. You are conceding if that guy gets hurt, and he did, your season is over.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    So, what's the solution?

If Drew Stanton (and not Tim Tebow) were the backup - would the coaching staff be thinking of making a change?
    The solution is:
    1) more talent at the OL 1 starter and 2 backups to challenge the starters
    2) at least two new RBs
    3) new fullback
    4) 2 good WRs
    5) upgrade at TE
    6) a backup QB who can throw at a nfl level

Other than that, the Jets have great talent around Sanchize

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Bishop is a great writer. I miss him on the Jets beat. Excellent article, I agree with all of it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    BS How quickly we frget this team has a foundation to build a championship team by. When we were knocking on the SB door, we all looked at Revis, Harris, Mangold, and Ferguson as the foundation of a championship team. Now you just want to blow it up?

That doesn't make any sense. That would make the necessary rebuilding phase much longer than it needs to be. All this team really needs is to be retooled. They need a FA period like in 2008. Add a RT, RB, FB, WR and then we'll be just fine.

I also do not support firing Rex. Rex is the best thing that has happened to this organization in a very long time. He made the team relevant again, if only for a short while.

Fire Tanny. That's the guy to blame. Or better yet DEMOTE him back to capologist. He was great in that role.

ı ɹɐs

˙ǝɔnɐs ǝɥʇ ɟɟo ʎɐן

˙pǝǝɔɔns oʇ ǝɔuɐɥɔ ou pɐɥ sɐɥ puɐ ʇɹoddns ou uǝʌıb sɐʍ zǝɥɔuɐs ʞɹɐɯ

˙pǝןıɐɟ puɐ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ uı ʇɹoddns ǝɥʇ ןןɐ uǝʌıb sɐʍ uɐʎɹ xǝɹ

˙sıɥʇ uo uʍop ǝpısdn ʎןǝʇǝןdɯoɔ ǝɹɐ 'ɹıs 'noʎ

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I've said it before that the Jets set up Sanchez to fail (not on purpose). Sanchez never even had a chance here. His days are most likely numbered here and we won't know how good Sanchez could have been.
    This. Sanchez is done as far as the NYJ qb....he'll be ruined after this season.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand where you're coming from, but what veteran QB could we realistically bring in that would be a big step up from Sanchez?
    No Vet QB would even want to come to the NYJ! (Peyton laughed us off.) Why? Because of NYJ fans and the NY media. As I read these posts about fire Rex, Fire Bart, etc. after 3 losses. Wow. I wonder how long NYJ fans would keep their jobs if their bosses held them to the same standards. Same for the media who write insightful articles at a 6th grade level (not that there is anything wrong with reading at a 6th grade level. Don't want to offend any adult Dolphin fans).

If the Ravens won with Dilfer is Sanchez really a problem?

Maybe we take a page from the StL Cards. Their fans love those guys. Can eat off the stadium floor its so clean. No drama. Just a clean effort.

Maybe Gastineau has learned a thing or two. Stop booing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Pulling the plug on Sanchez now is dumb

He deserves at least half the season and a healthy roster, at least with the players that aren't on IR, S Hill, Keller, etc.

Injuries are derailing the season more than anything else, those that refuse to acknowledge this, don't get it.

I understand if Sanchez struggled with a healthy team, then the angst by fans is warranted, but not now.
    He HAS struggled with a healthy talented team. He is a worse qb than he was his 1st three years but he was far from a pro bowler or top notch qb even then. The guy sucks and should be lumped int with about another 8 guys who should be turfed as soon as their contracts allow.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelbirds View Post
    If the Ravens won with Dilfer is Sanchez really a problem?
    I have no clue why people keep citing the 2000 Ravens.

Yeah, they had a mediocre QB.

And they also had one of the greatest defenses of all-time and a 2,000 yard rusher in Jamal Lewis.

Not to mention that Baltimore kicked Dilfer's ass to the curb after they won the Superbowl. Why? Because they knew it was a one time thing and they wouldn't have prolonged success with such a mediocre QB.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of us want to start Tebow simply to turn the page on the Mark Sanchez era. It's not because I think Tebow will come in and light it up. Our franchise QB isn't even on the roster right now.

Sanchez, Tebow, McElroy...none of these guys are the future.

Start Tebow for the rest of the year and draft a QB in April.

So what does starting non-NFL starting caliber players accomplish?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    So everyone's newest complaint is that this team is flawed because the FO and the coaching staff fails to develop its players. But the answer is scrap the season and start Tebow?

If you really want to try to develop some of the younger guys on offense on this team...Kerely...Hill...McKnight...Powell...Tebow cannot see the field.

With Tebow at QB we'll run a gimmicky offense and that will only hurt the development of the young guys.

You want to give up on this season....fine. But if you give up on this season by going to Tebow you're hurting the future too.

This guy gets it...and it's coming from a guy who staunchly supported Sanchez until the Niners game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    +1

Some people here want to start Tebow. Okay....if you want to throw less and run more, maybe increase the time of possession, but not change the outcome of any games.

Some people want to see McElroy get a shot. Sure....if you want to give him a David Carr kinda start to his career and subject him to shell shock.

You could put Joe Montana in at Quarterback and you might...might get 9 wins this year from the Jets. They are completely undermanned.
    Thank you...

You are dead on!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Why draft another QB when the Jets don't know what they are doing and how to develop the one they have.
    Thank you so much for seeing this. Please ignore the nasty comments of others....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    A lot if is right but there is a huge flaw in his argument. I still can't understand how people say we got to the AFCG despite Sanchez. If you were to say they made the playoffs those 2 years in spite of him then I would agree with you. But in a few of those six playoff games, Sanchez was the best player on the field, including easily the Jets best player in the two losses. They lost those 2 championship games in spite of him. They won those playoff games because of him.

Impossible to say you won in spite of QB play who posted a 9-3 TD-INT ratio, a 60% completion rate, and a 94+ QB rating which is top 10 in NFL playoff history.

Those games show that he has all the tools to succeed. But for whatever reasons he hasn't be able to put it together.

The real one to blame here is Tannenbaum, and a lot of people would agree with me. Sanchez was set up for failure this year. With no running backs, and only 1 WR who would be a top three receiver on any other team in the league he has absoluteness nothing to work with. Many of us saw the no talent on offense issue from a mile away in the off season. It didnt help but Holmes injury was the final nail in the coffin. You dont go into the season with only one competent WR. You are conceding if that guy gets hurt, and he did, your season is over.

I think you are so correct...

How in the world can anyone think that the Jets GM did a good job based on what you posted here alone!!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no personal hate for Sanchez,he seems like a good guy

How ever he has issues reading the defense and making pre snap adjustments.

I read in the last day a lot of talk about that 3rd and 18 INT to finish the game,no one is talking about the down before with that drive killing sack

If i recall Sanchez had 4 recivers and one back in the formation,the back was to the right of Sanchez,the Texans overload the left side of Sanchez getting ready to blitz.

NFL QB in this situation,change the protection,inform the OL about the free blitzer(i see Brady and Manning pointing that all the time) and move the RB to his left so he could help with the pass protection.

Sanchez didnt even look to try and read the defense(the clock was not running so he didnt have any issues with that)

Snap,free blitzer to the left of Sanchez,sack, game over.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    I have no personal hate for Sanchez,he seems like a good guy

How ever he has issues reading the defense and making pre snap adjustments.

I read in the last day a lot of talk about that 3rd and 18 INT to finish the game,no one is talking about the down before with that drive killing sack

If i recall Sanchez had 4 recivers and one back in the formation,the back was to the right of Sanchez,the Texans overload the left side of Sanchez getting ready to blitz.

NFL QB in this situation,change the protection,inform the OL about the free blitzer(i see Brady and Manning pointing that all the time) and move the RB to his left so he could help with the pass protection.

Sanchez didnt even look to try and read the defense(the clock was not running so he didnt have any issues with that)

Snap,free blitzer to the left of Sanchez,sack, game over.
    Astute point and Gruden even foretold that blitz... Sanchez has plenty of faults and if only he had more QB IQ I could forgive him for his other shortcomings

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's another issue with Sanchez. He hasn't gotten smarter since his rookie year. He is still way too careless with the football and his accuracy I believe has actually gotten worse.