Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Good article in the NY Times about Sanchez

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I also don't think we should draft a QB. These shouts for Geno! are foolhardy, at best. So many of these stud college QBs don't work out in the NFL, and in this current state we've proved we're not equipped to properly develop raw talent. We need to trade for a starter.
    Good article, thanks.

Love this:

Afterward, teammates rushed to his defense in ways they did not rush to the football.
    IMHO, we need to ride this storm out, blow it up at the end of the season and start over. Look how many good teams there are out there with guys that are above average players with zero name recognition? I haven't heard of a lot of these guys on some of these teams but they're ballers. And what do we have? A bucket of rocks, a ball of string, some used bubble gum and a broken clock left behind by Dick Curl.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    A lot if is right but there is a huge flaw in his argument. I still can't understand how people say we got to the AFCG despite Sanchez. If you were to say they made the playoffs those 2 years in spite of him then I would agree with you. But in a few of those six playoff games, Sanchez was the best player on the field, including easily the Jets best player in the two losses. They lost those 2 championship games in spite of him. They won those playoff games because of him.
    100% this.

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Sanchez had alittle heat on that last pass to JC but Cumberland should hav had that. Sanchez played decent, not great, just ok!!! Lots of FB left..
    Sanchez has and will always throw the ball ball too frecking high!!!

He is prone to interceptions due to the fact that to many balls get tipped based oh his high throws and his teamates trying to make catches from overthrown passes that get tipped.

He is soley responsible for the actions of his misguided throws and his ineptness at quarterback.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Jet Fan View Post
    Sanchez has and will always throw the ball ball too frecking high!!!

He is prone to interceptions due to the fact that to many balls get tipped based oh his high throws and his teamates trying to make catches from overthrown passes that get tipped.

He is soley responsible for the actions of his misguided throws and his ineptness at quarterback.
    Well the outstanding Jet QB coach who the Jet refused to let him go is the one developing him, it is a joke!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Pulling the plug on Sanchez now is dumb

He deserves at least half the season and a healthy roster, at least with the players that aren't on IR, S Hill, Keller, etc.

Injuries are derailing the season more than anything else, those that refuse to acknowledge this, don't get it.

I understand if Sanchez struggled with a healthy team, then the angst by fans is warranted, but not now.
    Great point