Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kerley

Undrafted Free Agent

Kerley

This guy is the real thing.Quick,pretty fast.fearless should be used more often ,wide set in isolation with quick slant or corner post srtikes.That INT before halftime was drawn wrong.if they had Kerley on the 12 yd line you can isolate him one a skinny post where JJ Watts would be out of position to bat down the throw .Instead they put him Kerley tight,Watts sees it and slides to his right side, in the projectory of the pass.Thats coaching.This has to done more often as well as the bubble screen with powell/Mc Knight.Again coaching.What are they waiting for . Any comments?

Kerley is a very nice player. Hes great in the slot but will never be a true #1 IMO. Hes young and someone who should still be a big part of the future but should not be counted on as a #1 or even a #2 receiver

To Kerley's credit he usually catches the ball when it hits his hands

Veteran
    Kerley should be on the field more.i know he's small and not a burner, but he's about as good as Holmes and minus the attitude. I said before the season started he was our best wr and he's proving me right. He's made nothing but big plays for us,and catches the ball when it's close to him.

is kerley our best draft pick in 3 years????

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Leon View Post
    is kerley our best draft pick in 3 years????
    Perhaps and that tells you all you need to know!!

I love Kerley, but let's not put him in Canton quite yet.

This offense is a cluster you know what, but Kerley, Hill, and Holmes (due to contract obligations) will be here in 2013 and beyond. With at least an average RB who can run/catch/block, the offense wouldn't suck. Injuries have crippled us, but lack of talent is worse.

Regardless of what happens with the FO and the state of the offense, Kerley has entrenched himself as at worst an integral slot guy going forward.

All League
    Kerley is our best offensive weapon. He has been playing great in the slot.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Kerley is a very nice player. Hes great in the slot but will never be a true #1 IMO. Hes young and someone who should still be a big part of the future but should not be counted on as a #1 or even a #2 receiver
    Why cant he be counted on as a potential #2 WR for us?

For comparison sake, below are the numbers for Antonio brown of the steelers who is listed at 5'10 186 which is very close to Kerley's 5'9 188lbs.

GP Catch Yds TD
    9 16 167 0
    16 69 1108 2

14 29 314 1
    5 15 291 2

Playing with a much worse QB then Rothlisberger, kerley is on pace for 50 catches and 6-7 Tds this season. Those are pretty good numbers for a 2nd year WR, in a offense where the QB is currently completing under 50% of his throws.

Kerley was special teams conference player of the year in college as both a JR and SR specifically based on what he can do with the ball in his hands after the catch and in the return game....which is exactly what you are looking for in todays "spread" NFL.

I would feel very comfortable with him as our #2 WR in 2013.

I don't see any reason why Kerley can't be a solid #2 WR for years to come. Hopefully Hill can develop into something special. If so, we may be okay at WR after all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Kerley is a 3.

Julio jones/roddy white
    Hakeem nicks/victor cruz

These are what we need as 1s and 2s.

Kerley can be a real nice 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Kerley is a 3.

Julio jones/roddy white
    Hakeem nicks/victor cruz

Aside from being 2 inches taller how exactly is cruz better/different from kerley? Both are quick twitch WRs, who excel running after the catch.

Cruz is having another great year, but if you put kerley out there with eli do you think he would have better numbers?

Kerley is a 3.

Julio jones/roddy white
    Hakeem nicks/victor cruz

I agree, I think at worst he's a #3. He's already shown he can be a solid slot WR. I think he has the potential to become better though.

Although it was nice to see him make some plays on the outside, he's still more of an inside receiver, but I'm glad to see him making plays in any capacity. Really loved this pick two years ago and glad he's coming to fruition. It started at the end of last season and it's continuing to grow. We DO have one receiver right now.

Hall Of Fame
    Kerley is a very, very good #3. If we ever had a real #1 and #2 (hoping Hill can be at least a #2) or WRs would be legit.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Aside from being 2 inches taller how exactly is cruz better/different from kerley? Both are quick twitch WRs, who excel running after the catch.

Cruz is having another great year, but if you put kerley out there with eli do you think he would have better numbers?
    Cruz is superior. Cruz is much quicker and faster. I like Kerley but you are overrating him IMO.

Cruz is a dynamic player. A legit #2 who is uncoverable in the slot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Aside from being 2 inches taller how exactly is cruz better/different from kerley?
    Victor Cruz is one of the best receivers in the entire league. Kerley is an ok #3 receiver. Thats how they are different.

Victor Cruz is one of the best receivers in the entire league. Kerley is an ok #3 receiver. Thats how they are different.
    Yes Cruz is one of the best in the league, but ya think any of that has to do with Eli? Or maybe the fact that giants have run an offense where they actually throw down the field?

This is the first season where any of our WRs have been open in space.

Cruz is better then kerley, but there are a LOT of other factors involved there.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Tough target to hit, the more separation the better. Positive.

Kerley is developing into a nice slot receiver. That's where he needs to be because he gets dominated at the LOS when pressed. That's OK though, we're getting great value out of that 5th round pick. He's certainly the best receiver on the team right now. Going forward, it's going to be Hill and Schillens on the outside with Kerley in the slot.

I also want Kerley to stay in the slot because that's where he'll be in the future. Every rep he gets there helps us down the line.