Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Are these injuries what our FO needs? And thoughts on QB money.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Are these injuries what our FO needs? And thoughts on QB money.

For the Jets we simply have always went for a perceived Elite chip vs several chips. While Ted Thompson would have 10 picks in each draft the Jets would always trade up for their guy. We always thought we would fill the bottom of the roster with UDFA, and ww guys. Well years later did we finally get the medicine we need?

No Depth. ZERO competition at certain positions. We are simply not ready to deal with injuries. I hope this might be a turning point for the Jets FO.

Other assorted thoughts:

1-Going further into the above thought process lets look at rookie contract. With the price of rookies so cheap it really has to influence you to try to trade down as there will finally be people that want to trade up in the draft.

2-Eric Mangini and Bill Belichek always screamed about having competition at every position. Watching a terrible Shonn greene and super slow David Harris/Bart Scott makes me hope and pray this becomes a priority for us ASAP. We have no competition at any position--Just blind loyalty.

3-People say we will be in Cap hell if we cut Sanchez. Well if your Woody and want to fill seats, and work around it. Starting Tebow while developing a 2013 rookie QB like Geno Smith would be super cheap with he new rookie wage scale and Tebows salary.

4-A trade idea--Im calling this one first. If the Jets supply a late pick they might be able to work out something centered around Matt Flynn for Mark Sanchez in the off-season. I know there will be hate centered around this idea but the salary's match up, and Sanchez was one of Carroll's favorite QB's. Flynn could finally get his chance to start here(For those that hate Tebow).

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    For the Jets we simply have always went for a perceived Elite chip vs several chips. While Ted Thompson would have 10 picks in each draft the Jets would always trade up for their guy. We always thought we would fill the bottom of the roster with UDFA, and ww guys. Well years later did we finally get the medicine we need?

No Depth. ZERO competition at certain positions. We are simply not ready to deal with injuries. I hope this might be a turning point for the Jets FO.

Other assorted thoughts:

1-Going further into the above thought process lets look at rookie contract. With the price of rookies so cheap it really has to influence you to try to trade down as there will finally be people that want to trade up in the draft.

2-Eric Mangini and Bill Belichek always screamed about having competition at every position. Watching a terrible Shonn greene and super slow David Harris/Bart Scott makes me hope and pray this becomes a priority for us ASAP. We have no competition at any position--Just blind loyalty.

3-People say we will be in Cap hell if we cut Sanchez. Well if your Woody and want to fill seats, and work around it. Starting Tebow while developing a 2013 rookie QB like Geno Smith would be super cheap with he new rookie wage scale and Tebows salary.

4-A trade idea--Im calling this one first. If the Jets supply a late pick they might be able to work out something centered around Matt Flynn for Mark Sanchez in the off-season. I know there will be hate centered around this idea but the salary's match up, and Sanchez was one of Carroll's favorite QB's. Flynn could finally get his chance to start here(For those that hate Tebow).
    There's about a $10 million difference between Sanchez and Flynn's guaranteed money. I don't think Seattle wants to pay that difference. Additionally, iirc, trading Sanchez earns us a cap hit due to dead money.