Thread: To those who think we are the only one with problems

To those who think we are the only one with problems

Over the 2012 offseason, the Buffalo Bills changed defensive coordinators (out with George Edwards, in with Dave Wannstedt) and defensive schemes (moved from a 3-4 to a 4-3). The Bills also spent a lot of money improving the talent on the field, signing pass-rushing defensive ends Mario Williams and Mark Anderson to contracts worth a total of $115.5 million with $57.9 million in guarantees, and using a Top 10 pick on cornerback Stephon Gilmore, who was signed to a four-year, $12.084 million contract that is fully guaranteed.

In fact, no NFL team is spending more cash base salary, signing bonuses, roster bonuses, workout bonuses and "Likely To Be Earned" incentives than the Bills. Due to the signings of Williams, Anderson, the selection of Gilmore and other high-priced veterans already on the roster Kyle Williams ($5 million), Spencer Johnson and Nick Barnett ($3.5 million each) the Bills are poised to spend over $77 million in cash on the defensive side of the football.

Five weeks into the 2012 regular season, the Bills rank:
    31st in total defense (449.4 yards)
    31st in scoring defense (35.2 points)
    32nd in yards allowed per play (6.73 yards)
    30th against the run (171.8 yards per game)
    32nd in rushing yards allowed per play (5.69 yards per run play)
    24th against the pass (277.6 yards per game)
    29th in passing yards allowed per play (8.02 yards per pass attempt)
    30th in 1st downs allowed per play (25.0 per game)
    30th on third down defensive percentage (47.54 percent)
    30th in red zone percentage (70 percent)

And in their 45-3 loss to the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday, the Bills defense became the first team in NFL history to allow 300 yards passing and 300 yards rushing in the same game. In a 52-28 loss to the New England Patriots a week earlier, the Bills were the second team in NFL history to allow a 300-yard passer, two 100-yard receivers and two 100-yard rushers in the same game.

Hall Of Fame
    Who cares what they are doing?

Why do we have to set the bar at "what the rest of the league is doing"? Why aspire to be the Bills?

We know they suck. We should be better than them every year.

That said, thank you for the info. Misery loves company I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Who cares what they are doing?

Why do we have to set the bar at "what the rest of the league is doing"? Why aspire to be the Bills?

We know they suck. We should be better than them every year.

That said, thank you for the info. Misery loves company I suppose.
    I hear ya but a lot of Jet fans feel we are the bottom of the barrel but we are not. Remember that the media love to make fun of any team in a major market because it means more readers and that = business.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I hear ya but a lot of Jet fans feel we are the bottom of the barrel but we are not. Remember that the media love to make fun of any team in a major market because it means more readers and that = business.
    We are very close to being bottom of the barrel. Bills have Stevie Johnson, Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller on offense. All of which are better than every single player on our offense.

The Bills defense has been miserable. But their coach isn't the "best defensive coach in the NFL".

Personally I don't care what teams are worse off than us. All I know is that this team should be a lot better than it is. Their have been failures on every level of the organization that has led to this. The FO, coaches and player are all to blame. Everyone has underperformed.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    We are very close to being bottom of the barrel. Bills have Stevie Johnson, Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller on offense. All of which are better than every single player on our offense.

The Bills defense has been miserable. But their coach isn't the "best defensive coach in the NFL".

Personally I don't care what teams are worse off than us. All I know is that this team should be a lot better than it is. Their have been failures on every level of the organization that has led to this. The FO, coaches and player are all to blame. Everyone has underperformed.
    I can't argue eith you there, you are spot on and speak the truth.

I think he's just trying to point out that the "worst team in the league" talk is hyperbole. I continue to believe that we're below-average. A 7-9/6-10 caliber team that will win 8 games because of the schedule (had us a 9 or 10 wins before, but have taken off a game a piece for the Revis and Holmes injuries).

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I think he's just trying to point out that the "worst team in the league" talk is hyperbole. I continue to believe that we're below-average. A 7-9/6-10 caliber team that will win 8 games because of the schedule (had us a 9 or 10 wins before, but have taken off a game a piece for the Revis and Holmes injuries).

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Over the 2012 offseason, the Buffalo Bills changed defensive coordinators (out with George Edwards, in with Dave Wannstedt) and defensive schemes (moved from a 3-4 to a 4-3). The Bills also spent a lot of money improving the talent on the field, signing pass-rushing defensive ends Mario Williams and Mark Anderson to contracts worth a total of $115.5 million with $57.9 million in guarantees, and using a Top 10 pick on cornerback Stephon Gilmore, who was signed to a four-year, $12.084 million contract that is fully guaranteed.

In fact, no NFL team is spending more cash — base salary, signing bonuses, roster bonuses, workout bonuses and "Likely To Be Earned" incentives than the Bills. Due to the signings of Williams, Anderson, the selection of Gilmore and other high-priced veterans already on the roster — Kyle Williams ($5 million), Spencer Johnson and Nick Barnett ($3.5 million each) — the Bills are poised to spend over $77 million in cash on the defensive side of the football.

Five weeks into the 2012 regular season, the Bills rank:
    31st in total defense (449.4 yards)
    31st in scoring defense (35.2 points)
    32nd in yards allowed per play (6.73 yards)
    30th against the run (171.8 yards per game)
    32nd in rushing yards allowed per play (5.69 yards per run play)
    24th against the pass (277.6 yards per game)
    29th in passing yards allowed per play (8.02 yards per pass attempt)
    30th in 1st downs allowed per play (25.0 per game)
    30th on third down defensive percentage (47.54 percent)
    30th in red zone percentage (70 percent)

And in their 45-3 loss to the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday, the Bills defense became the first team in NFL history to allow 300 yards passing and 300 yards rushing in the same game. In a 52-28 loss to the New England Patriots a week earlier, the Bills were the second team in NFL history to allow a 300-yard passer, two 100-yard receivers and two 100-yard rushers in the same game.
    Nobody here cares about what you think. Do you have to start a new thread every time some trivial "thought" comes into your head like it's some brilliant insight? We all know you are just another Pats troll posing as Jets fan. GTFO.