Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woody Johnson on CNBC Regarding Tebow: He'll be with us for three years

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Woody Johnson on CNBC Regarding Tebow: He'll be with us for three years

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    RT @BobGlauber: Woody Johnson on CNBC, asked if Tim Tebow will remain with Jets beyond 2012: "Absolutely. He'll be with us for three years."

Bob Glauber ‏@BobGlauber
    Tebow's contract runs through 2014. "@Phil_Falardeau: @BobGlauber That's a weird thing to say. Why exactly three years?"

In CNBC interview, Woody Johnson also expressed support for Mark Sanchez. Said bottom line is winning, not stats.
    Last edited by C Mart; 10-10-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they extended Sanchez, why not extend Tebow?

Makes perfect sense.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    At what point do you just finally shake your head and walk away from this franchise?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its great for the organization when the owner, who has virtually no experience with NFL personnel, tells the media how long the teams most controversial/debated player will be with the team.

Makes a lot of sense.

He is one of the worst owners in the NFL.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He probbly thought that Tebow had 3 years remaining on his contract and that the Jets would want him to remain here for the length of the contract.

Nothing to see here.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    RT @BobGlauber: Woody Johnson on CNBC, asked if Tim Tebow will remain with Jets beyond 2012: "Absolutely. He'll be with us for three years."

Bob Glauber ‏@BobGlauber
    Tebow's contract runs through 2014. "@Phil_Falardeau: @BobGlauber That's a weird thing to say. Why exactly three years?"

In CNBC interview, Woody Johnson also expressed support for Mark Sanchez. Said bottom line is winning, not stats.
    Technically he is right. Tebow will be with the Jets for 3 years. 2012, 2013, and 2014.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am no Woody apologist, but what is he supposed to say? Imagine the press, if he said, "We're cutting him in the off-season".

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's really sad is that our owner may be as good a talent evaluator as our GM

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I think Tim is a great football player and an even better person. I'm glad that he's a Jet and believe he can help us win games. But I pay a lot of money to the talented people in my front office to make roster decisions."

That would have been pretty good.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Tebow's here for three years, lots of us won't. I wish Woody Johnson would sell the Jets and buy a franchise for L.A. And take Tebow with him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I consider this a threat.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    "Never is a long long time period" Woody Johnson said on CNBC when asked if he would never consider Tebow over Sanchez as a starter.

Woody Johnson said on CNBC #Jets needed to do a better job accounting for Watt or "not throwing in that area."

"It's not bolstering his confidence, we think he's that good," Woody Johnson said on CNBC about why he's backing Sanchez.
    Last edited by C Mart; 10-10-2012 at 09:26 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really hope it was Tannenbaum or Rex that wanted Tebow, and not Woody. I hope he doesn't have a say with personnel decisions. If/When we move on from Sanchez, we need to draft another QB, not waste another year or two on Tebow.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    At what point do you just finally shake your head and walk away from this franchise?
    hahaha

They don't exactly make rooting for this team easy, do they?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Petition for Mark Cuban to buy the Jets!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    "I think Tim is a great football player and an even better person. I'm glad that he's a Jet and believe he can help us win games. But I pay a lot of money to the talented people in my front office to make roster decisions."

+1, beat me to it. That's what I'd want the owner of my team to say, with the possible exception of a guy that's worked in the NFL prior to becoming an owner.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I really hope it was Tannenbaum or Rex that wanted Tebow, and not Woody.
    Not a chance.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are all over reacting. Owners can say whatever they want, it's not like other teams have insight into our strategy. These guys lie all the time, that's part of the job.

He has a three year contract, therefor he's on the team for three years. EOD.

Their plan could be they are cutting him tomorrow, but if you asked him today he would say he's on our team until his contract is up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Woody is terrible at public speaking

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Why is Woody Johnson on CNBC so often anyway? He's not the CEO of Johnson & Johnson. He is a full time philanthropist. His greatest achievement is being born as a Johnson & Johnson heir. I just don't get it.