Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Luck vs Suck.....predictions?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    heck..Im gonna cancel my cable and get all my analysis from him.

Jaws, Steve Young, Kurt Warner, Trent Dilfer, Boomer, they must be wrong and our resident haters , in direct contrast to expertly backed opinion, think they are right.
    It's funny how when the "experts" pick against the Jets they are always clueless idiots, yet the one occasion they pick the Jets, they then become world class analysts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Jets had wide open receivers all night against the #2 D in the NFL just 2 days ago. I'm sure no QB could succeed under those circumstances
    You mean the wide open guys who can't catch? The only bad throw was the throw to Cro and I'm not even sure that was bad. I have to see the tape. Cro isn't a WR so I'm not sure if he knows how to run a pattern.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    You mean the wide open guys who can't catch? The only bad throw was the throw to Cro and I'm not even sure that was bad. I have to see the tape. Cro isn't a WR so I'm not sure if he knows how to run a pattern.

lol at the bolded

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

lol at the bolded
    List out all of the bad throws.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    He has 2 4th quarter comebacks already and has thrown for over 300 times 3x this season.

and hes got no help besides an aging reggie wayne who he is making look better then peyton manning ever did.
    So throwing for over 300 yards but having 3 interceptions and a fumble in a 20 point beating qualifies as an elite game?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    List out all of the bad throws.
    Well as typical for Mark, he had more incompletions than completions, so take your pick. We could start with the INTs, both of which were poor decisions/throws. And then go into Watt probably getting his hands on as many balls as the Jets receivers. Or Sanchez blowing the easy 6 to Cromartie who had toasted Joseph.

I don't even believe the Jets receivers were credited with a drop for the game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaffleShark View Post
    So throwing for over 300 yards but having 3 interceptions and a fumble in a 20 point beating qualifies as an elite game?
    Send Sanchez out against that Bears D and tell me how he does. I guess we should also kill Luck for struggling in his first career start against a top 5 D in the league. What a bum!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Send Sanchez out against that Bears D and tell me how he does. I guess we should also kill Luck for struggling in his first career start against a top 5 D in the league. What a bum!
    Sanchez would probably put up 34 points in a 4 point nail-biting loss
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20101226003

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, but since then he has 6tds, 2 picks and 2 4th quarter comebacks. and had a 3rd 4th quarter comeback but lost it on a miracle 80 tds with no time on the clock.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocityvirus View Post
    Colts 27
    Jets 13
    I disagree. The Jets are going to stymie the rookie QB and the Jets are going to win easily! I expect Sanchez to wake up and use Keller to his advantage. I expect Cumberland to be a big help too.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Sanchez would probably put up 34 points in a 4 point nail-biting loss
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20101226003
    2010 = 2012?

Same rosters, same teams? Sweet, I'll book myself a trip to see us play the Steelers in the AFC CG!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not killing luck so settle down...I'm saing calling him elite is premature at best.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaffleShark View Post
    I'm not killing luck so settle down...I'm saing calling him elite is premature at best.
    I never called the guy elite but he's playing very well for a rookie and has a poor supporting cast other than Reggie Wayne. Although almost everyone thought Wayne was close to finished coming into this season and Luck has definitely been a big factor in revitalizing his career.

That said, I do think Luck will struggle against us, our pass D is pretty good and he's never seen Rex's schemes before

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, but since then he has 6tds, 2 picks and 2 4th quarter comebacks. and had a 3rd 4th quarter comeback but lost it on a miracle 80 tds with no time on the clock.
    After this week you should know a loss is a loss no matter how close it was...being elite in college does not make you elite in the NFL. Very simple...go back to the first time we did this for further clarification if u didn't get it yet

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never called the guy elite but he's playing very well for a rookie and has a poor supporting cast other than Reggie Wayne. Although almost everyone thought Wayne was close to finished coming into this season and Luck has definitely been a big factor in revitalizing his career.

That said, I do think Luck will struggle against us, our pass D is pretty good and he's never seen Rex's schemes before
    I know i was referring to JWN whose already anointing Luck top 5 in the league after four games. Plus I agree I think this will definitely be a tough game for him...Rex is good at screwing with the new guys for the most part

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    After this week you should know a loss is a loss no matter how close it was...being elite in college does not make you elite in the NFL. Very simple...go back to the first time we did this for further clarification if u didn't get it yet
    Whatever dude. Ill be here when Luck torches us for 300 yards and 3 tds and you will continue to sound foolish and say he is not elite.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever dude. Ill be here when Luck torches us for 300 yards and 3 tds and you will continue to sound foolish and say he is not elite.
    It's amazing how you just dont understand the concept of what makes a qb elite.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Ben, Smith, and Schaub couldn't torch us like that, what makes you think Luck can? We do have a corner that can seriously slow down Reggie Wayne. Rest of the Colts targets are nothing special. Luck very well may torch some teams this season, I just doubt it will be us.

If he has the type of game you say, I'll go on record and say he is one of the better QBs in the league already. For now, I think he's an very good rookie QB, but still well below the top guys in the league.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets should be able to rattle a rookie QB and in the past maybe they would have. We simply don't scare anyone on defense anymore. Even when we bring the house we can't get pressure, our blitzers are too slow. They sent Bush on a safety blitz last game so maybe we can hope we can out smart them.

A huge problem with our defense is that the guys we have drafted that should be play makers have been stuck in 'hold the fort' positions. DT and DE in this scheme just seems meant to hold ground and stay in your lane.

Guys like Wilkerson and Coples are being wasted. In this league these days it is more important to get to the Qb than shut down the run overall. Teams pass on all downs and you have to release the reigns on the young athletic guys and let them get after the QB. They get out of position and over pursue? So be it. We aren't stopping the run as it is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The Jets should be able to rattle a rookie QB and in the past maybe they would have. We simply don't scare anyone on defense anymore. Even when we bring the house we can't get pressure, our blitzers are too slow. They sent Bush on a safety blitz last game so maybe we can hope we can out smart them.

A huge problem with our defense is that the guys we have drafted that should be play makers have been stuck in 'hold the fort' positions. DT and DE in this scheme just seems meant to hold ground and stay in your lane.

Guys like Wilkerson and Coples are being wasted. In this league these days it is more important to get to the Qb than shut down the run overall. Teams pass on all downs and you have to release the reigns on the young athletic guys and let them get after the QB. They get out of position and over pursue? So be it. We aren't stopping the run as it is.
    What bothers me is despite spending 1st round draft picks on d-linemen the past 2 seasons, our front 7 is not any better at either getting to the QB or stopping the run, in fact, the numbers say we've gotten worse. That's a devastating outcome to have happen when these are your last 2 first round picks. Because if you aren't getting better through the draft while you are in cap hell, your franchise is basically screwed.