Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Luck vs Suck.....predictions?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, the Colts are now a tougher opponent than the Texans were?
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 10-10-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    So, the Colt are now a tougher opponent than the Texans were?
    What you do one week has no baring on what you do the next. No matter who the opponent is.

Luck is well beyond his years. As good of a prospect we all thought he was, he's 5 times better. If we don't get pressure, he is going to carve us apart. So they could be tougher based on the possibility of Luck playing better than Schaub did on Monday. It's certainly very possible given the fact he'll sit in the pocket and have all day to throw.
    Last edited by LockeJET; 10-10-2012 at 06:20 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    What you do one week has no baring on what you do the next. No matter who the opponent is.

Luck is well beyond his years. As good of a prospect we all thought he was, he's 5 times better. If we don't get pressure, he is going to carve us apart. So they could be tougher based on the possibility of Luck playing better than Schaub did on Monday. It's certainly very possible given the fact he'll sit in the pocket and have all day to throw.
    Is this based on what he did last week?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed. I'm worried that the Jets will take this week off because they feel like they proved themselves Monday night by not getting blown out in front of a national audience.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good God people here are ridiculous. Luck is the second coming after 4 games plus a bye in which he has almost identical #s to what Sanchez did in his first 4? Each had one bad game, and have been okay since. And yes, Luck has thrown for a lot more yards, but then again, his defense sucks ass and he doesn't have much of a running game so he has to throw all the time. Sanchez averaged 27 attempts through his first 4, Luck 44 (!!).

Yes, Luck is a better QB prospect, would anyone ever question that? But come on, stop acting like after 4 games he has been so amazing or some world beater

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    24-7 Colts
    They are not beating us worse then the Texans.

Jets: 24
    Colts: 10

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    Agreed. I'm worried that the Jets will take this week off because they feel like they proved themselves Monday night by not getting blown out in front of a national audience.
    They proved nothing against the Texans, a loss is a loss. They better be prepared to win this game.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Is this based on what he did last week?
    Not at all. In 5 games he has 2 comeback wins and 3 300 yard games. Reggie Wayne is also off to the best 5 game start of his entire career.

Luck is the real deal no question. Now of course he can have a bad game Sunday as a rook. But I was just answering someone post about this game being tougher then Houston. And in the NFL you can't go by what a team did the week prior or who they beat etc... Each week is different.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not at all. In 5 games he has 2 comeback wins and 3 300 yard games. Reggie Wayne is also off to the best 5 game start of his entire career.

Luck is the real deal no question. Now of course he can have a bad game Sunday as a rook. But I was just answering someone post about this game being tougher then Houston. And in the NFL you can't go by what a team did the week prior or who they beat etc... Each week is different.
    So you can go by what they did the previous 5 weeks? I'm confused. How many weeks can you go by?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocityvirus View Post
    It's funny how when the "experts" pick against the Jets they are always clueless idiots, yet the one occasion they pick the Jets, they then become world class analysts.

PLEASE. PM me your cell number, YOU are my go to guy for all thing NFL.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    So you can go by what they did the previous 5 weeks? I'm confused. How many weeks can you go by?
    You can go by whatever the F you want. All I know is, he's the best prospect that's come out in the last 25 years and I can totally see why. Forget his stats right now and just watch some of his highlights. The kid is real!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I love this from the Sanchez butt boys.

Good offensive line
    Colts oline is average at best, not full of pro bowlers like mangold. moore and ferguson.

very good WRs
    An aging reggie wayne and a bunch of nobodies is a very good wr corp?

nice running game
    Donald Brown is one of the worst starting rbs in the league

strong defense
    No its not. It is below average at best.

Stop making excuses for Sanchez. He stinks. Luck has a mess around him and hes shining. Enough already. Its over. Sanchez is done here.
    I know... That was pretty funny. That team is garbage, yet Luck, a rookie QB, is getting sh*t done, and we are still here making excuses for Sanchez. #TebowTime

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    I know... That was pretty funny. That team is garbage, yet Luck, a rookie QB, is getting sh*t done, and we are still here making excuses for Sanchez. #TebowTime
    They're 2-2 with a loss to Jacksonville.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    We do have a corner that can seriously slow down Reggie Wayne.
    Did you forget Cro's struggles with WR's who CHANGE DIRECTION? Reggie Wayne would chew him up and spit him out, PERIOD.

Jets need to double Reggie and have Cro defend Avery who is a better match-up for him.

Rest of the Colts targets are nothing special. Luck very well may torch some teams this season, I just doubt it will be us.
    You have confidence that Mr. Kyle "Let-me-taunt-the-WR-who-almost-burned-me-but-couldn't-catch-a-wide-open-pass-so-I'm-gloating-as-if-I-caused-that-Incompletion" Wilson will be able to defend ANYONE this game, let alone this season??

HE'S A MAJOR BUST!

Jets had wide open receivers all night against the #2 D in the NFL just 2 days ago. I'm sure no QB could succeed under those circumstances
    Were you watching the same game I was?

Some guy named Watts kept rejecting Mark's passes as if he were a PG and Watts was Dwight Howard(without the whining).

Well as typical for Mark, he had more incompletions than completions, so take your pick. We could start with the INTs, both of which were poor decisions/throws. And then go into Watt probably getting his hands on as many balls as the Jets receivers. Or Sanchez blowing the easy 6 to Cromartie who had toasted Joseph.

I don't even believe the Jets receivers were credited with a drop for the game.
    The INTs were poor decisions/throws? REALLY?

The one INT was DEFLECTED by Watts who was an absolute BEAST that night.

The other INT was OFF THE HANDS(a VERY CATCHABLE ball) of the only NFL Player who can't JUMP(Cumberland) apparently, and into the hands(as per JETS Luck) of the defender.

I saw a RB named POWELL trip and fall as Mark was throwing a pass to him where he would've had PLENTY of daylight to get big yardage.

I saw someone(up until he FINALLY caught a pass) named GATES who continuously RAN THE WRONG ROUTES due to unfamiliarity, thus resulting in Incompletions from Mark.

I saw a RB in Greene who gained more yards running BACKWARDS than forward.

Mark is no world-beater as a QB, obviously. But his "teammates" aren't exactly doing him any favors either.
    Last edited by Vin; 10-10-2012 at 09:14 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Did you forget Cro's struggles with WR's who CHANGE DIRECTION? Reggie Wayne would chew him up and spit him out, PERIOD.

Jets need to double Reggie and have Cro defend Avery who is a better match-up for him.

No way, Cro is going to be on Wayne without a doubt. Wayne is Luck's safety throw right now, he's always looking for him. Cro is having a very nice stretch here and playing with confidence. I think Luck could get a bit flustered when he sees Wayne is being covered tightly.

You have confidence that Mr. Kyle "Let-me-taunt-the-WR-who-almost-burned-me-but-couldn't-catch-a-wide-open-pass-so-I'm-gloating-as-if-I-caused-that-Incompletion" Wilson will be able to defend ANYONE this game, let alone this season??

HE'S A MAJOR BUST!

I don't have confidence in Wilson, but the other Colts WRs are young unknown players who I'm sure our fanbase would be calling scrubs if Sanchez was throwing to them (the typical excuse for Mark)

Were you watching the same game I was?

Some guy named Watts kept rejecting Mark's passes as if he were a PG and Watts was Dwight Howard(without the whining).

Mark throws a low ball, he always has, some of it is height, some his release. He gets balls tipped a lot, not just against Watt. I get that Watt is great, but Mark kept firing in his direction anyway.

The INTs were poor decisions/throws? REALLY?

The one INT was DEFLECTED by Watts who was an absolute BEAST that night.

The other INT was OFF THE HANDS(a VERY CATCHABLE ball) of the only NFL Player who can't JUMP(Cumberland) apparently, and into the hands(as per JETS Luck) of the defender.

Both were poor decisions/throws. On first one, he could have called TO or not tried a pass right in Watt's sight line. He thought he had the Texans on their heels and made a low throw. I don't totally fault him for that one, it was a really athletic play by Watt but the sequence could have been handled better knowing the importance of getting at least a FG there.

Second one, the throw was just bad (no need to be that high and behind for a backup TE) and the play was rushed to get it in before 2 min warning which really made no sense. 3rd and 18 was too important to rush it in. They needed a set play. There's no way a top 10 QB in this league would have duplicated what Sanchez did on those two plays. No chance. Maybe on one, but not both.

I saw a RB named POWELL trip and fall as Mark was throwing a pass to him where he would've had PLENTY of daylight to get big yardage.

I saw someone(up until he FINALLY caught a pass) named GATES who continuously RAN THE WRONG ROUTES due to unfamiliarity, thus resulting in Incompletions from Mark.

I saw a RB in Greene who gained more yards running BACKWARDS than forward.

Mark is no world-beater as a QB, obviously. But his "teammates" aren't exactly doing him any favors either.

Supporting cast sucks too, but I have to judge Mark in his own right. He's making mistakes that are independent of the other players.
    Responses in bold

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Once again, elevating other players higher than they should to bring down our players.

Elite after 4 games?

Stop it, just stop it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    My prediction:

Jets win this game.

Sanchez will do enough to win the game, but it won't be pretty enough and the same people will continue to B i t c h and moan.

Velocityvirus will continue to be a troll until trolling gets he/she banned.

Velocityvirus will then create a new user name and continue trolling.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocityvirus View Post
    Colts 27
    Jets 13
    Luck vs. Suck..

Suck for Luck became Luck vs. Suck, you CLEARLY switched it around so cleverly.

Go whine on facebook or twitter and save a Jets forum for discussion and rational thought. The Jets are 2-3 and just lost by 6 points to the best team in the league according to most "experts". Step away from the ledge.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Whatever dude. Ill be here when Luck torches us for 300 yards and 3 tds and you will continue to sound foolish and say he is not elite.