In the wake of the new Obama team strategy of crying "liar liar pants on fire", the following are a few quotes from Obama on the campaign trail in 2008. Can anyone guess what they all have in common? The bolded ones are my personal favorites.
"I have said repeatedly that I will close Guantanamo and I will follow through on that."
● "Understand this, if American workers are being denied their right to organize and collectively bargain when I’m in the White House, I will put on a comfortable pair of shoes myself -- I’ll will walk on that picket line with you as President of the United States of America."
● "I will end warrantless searches and wiretaps initiated by the Bush administration."
● "We have already identified $2 Trillion in deficit reductions that will help us cut our deficit in half by the end of my first term."
● "And as president, I'm going to make it impossible for congressmen or lobbyists to slip pork barrel projects or corporate welfare into laws when no one's looking."
● “That’s what I will do, not negotiating behind closed doors, but bringing all parties together, and broadcasting those negotiations on C-SPAN so that the American people can see what the choices are, because part of what we have to do is enlist the American people in this process.”
● “I cannot guarantee that it is going to be in the first 100 days. But what I can guarantee is that we will have in the first year an immigration bill that I strongly support and that I’m promoting. And I want to move that forward as quickly as possible.”
● “I will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days.”
● “My administration will eliminate all income taxation of seniors making less than $50,000 per year."
● "As we develop a full budget that will come out this spring, we're going to go through our books, page by page, line by line, to eliminate waste and inefficiency."