Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: wilkerson and coples production?

wilkerson and coples production?

does anyone else think we should be seeing more production from the two first round picks?

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    does anyone else think we should be seeing more production from the two first round picks?
    MW hasnt done much in 20 games for a man who stands 6'4 320 lbs!!! COPLES hasnt had enough time yet..

whats the deal? coaching? bad picks? other teams first rounders are flourishing meanwhile we sit and wait.

Jets Insider VIP
    Wilks is like the 3rd ranked 3-4 dlinemen in the league, Coples has had limited snaps in 5 career games.

Jets fans

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Wilks is like the 3rd ranked 3-4 dlinemen in the league, Coples has had limited snaps in 5 career games.

Jets fans
    Impatience and clueless is a great combination isn't it

Jets fans
    i dont care what hes ranked is he producing? i havent heard his name called too many times. we need something from these two first rounders.

others picked later are producing in the league.

Jets Insider VIP
    i dont care what hes ranked is he producing? i havent heard his name called too many times. we need something from these two first rounders.
    His rank is based of production.

others picked later are producing in the league.
    Do you even watch Jets games?

Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    Do you even watch Jets games?
    of course i do but come on really? we have two first round picks up front and teams are running all over us.

Mo isn't getting much of a pass rush, so this is what most fans are seeing as a lack of production. I never expected much from him as a pass rusher, so I wasn't a huge fan of the pick. I wanted Brooks Reed and he has turned out to be a really good all around OLB for the Texans. Would have given us exactly what we need, a high motor guy that can get after the passer.

I also wanted Ingram over Coples. I think we'd be a much better defense right now with Ingram and Reed at OLB, and Pouha, Ellis and Devito on the line.

of course i do but come on really? we have two first round picks up front and teams are running all over us.
    I think that has more to do with the Linebacker play. All of the big plays Foster broke were due to either Scott (mostly Scott) or Harris being out of position.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Mo isn't getting much of a pass rush, so this is what most fans are seeing as a lack of production. I never expected much from him as a pass rusher, so I wasn't a huge fan of the pick. I wanted Brooks Reed and he has turned out to be a really good all around OLB for the Texans. Would have given us exactly what we need, a high motor guy that can get after the passer.

I also wanted Ingram over Coples. I think we'd be a much better defense right now with Ingram and Reed at OLB, and Pouha, Ellis and Devito on the line.
    great observation. i hate the thought this could be d-rob and gholston part ii.

All League
    Another clueless statement from a Jets fan that doesn't know what being solid 3-4 DE looks like.

For anyone wanting to point fingers at our run defense, you better point to those 4 players right behind the D-Line first.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Zero impact plays between them. No sacks or forced fumbles.

Have you noticed how our linebackers run like senior citizens and get blown out of plays when the defense gets gashed on running plays? That has more to do with the problems we are having stopping the run.

In the limited snaps Coples is getting I see him disrupting plays and generally playing good for a rookie DL. I think he could even be our best edge rushing option right now if they would use him for it. He's bigger, stronger, and just as fast as Pace or Thomas who consistently get stoned pass-rushing.

Wilk is doing a great job doing what they are asking him to do. He's basically asked to tie up linemen so our LB's can fill running lanes, the problem is our LB's are too damn slow to fill and either get blown off the edge or beaten to it.

The reason why it's not so obvious that they are performing is because of their assignments. Rex is stubborn as hell, if that hasn't become painfully obvious by now, he has a real problem using players differently than what he originally envisions them as.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Thought we were getting better than what this guy has given us

His rank is based of production.
    Who's list?

I don't see him on the Sports News, ESPN, bleacher report, etc rankings at all.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Who's list?

Bleacher report?

For the record, I don't see any football publication putting out 3-4 DE rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Who's list?

the imaginary i know more than you do about football list.

sorry guys wilkerson and coples arent the football players our scouting staff thought they were as we speak.