Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: wilkerson and coples production?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Bleacher report?

For the record, I don't see any football publication putting out 3-4 DE rankings.
    No, but if you look at the rankings, you know which ones play in a 3 -4 and which ones play in a 4 -3 so all you have to do is count how many 3 -4 lineman are ahead of him...

I've yet to see his name on a list. The only reason I'm checking is that I'm surprised since I can probably rattle off a half dozen I would think are rated higher.

(btw bleacher report... dude, I even looked on fantasy football lists and couldn't find him )

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    No, but if you look at the rankings, you know which ones play in a 3 -4 and which ones play in a 4 -3 so all you have to do is count how many 3 -4 lineman are ahead of him...

I've yet to see his name on a list. The only reason I'm checking is that I'm surprised since I can probably rattle off a half dozen I would think are rated higher.

(btw bleacher report... dude, I even looked on fantasy football lists and couldn't find him )
    I mentioned Bleacher Report because its a joke of a website if you are looking for analysis .

If you watch Wilkerson and watch some of the best 3-4 DEs in the league, he isn't far off. The problem is, and not saying you fall into this category, but a lot of people don't really know how to measure that position.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mentioned Bleacher Report because its a joke of a website if you are looking for analysis .

If you watch Wilkerson and watch some of the best 3-4 DEs in the league, he isn't far off. The problem is, and not saying you fall into this category, but a lot of people don't really know how to measure that position.
    I'm just saying... the poster said he was ranked 3rd... what list? I'm just asking because I couldn't' find a single one that listed him.... I'm just saying...

BTW, I don't agree but that's why I looked for him on the lists.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just saying... the poster said he was ranked 3rd... what list? I'm just asking because I couldn't' find a single one that listed him.... I'm just saying...

BTW, I don't agree but that's why I looked for him on the lists.
    Pro Football Focus pimps Wilkerson an awful lot, I do know that is one place.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    whats the deal? coaching? bad picks? other teams first rounders are flourishing meanwhile we sit and wait.
    Yes. Just great picks by "the Bust Kings."

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who's list?

I don't see him on the Sports News, ESPN, bleacher report, etc rankings at all.
    LMAO, Bleacher Report LOL

Tells me all I need to know.

Try PFF, LOL still cant get over the Bleacher Report remark, good stuff.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys FYI

4-3 DE =/= 3-4 DE

3-4 DEs are supposed to fill gaps so that linebackers can make plays. Wilkersons objective isn't to sack or attack the passer as much as take on two blockers so that a linebacker has a clear lane. The problem is we have no linebackers.

As for Coples, give the man time. He was in the backfield quite a few times on Monday Night.

Patience people.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Hey guys FYI

4-3 DE =/= 3-4 DE

3-4 DEs are supposed to fill gaps so that linebackers can make plays. Wilkersons objective isn't to sack or attack the passer as much as take on two blockers so that a linebacker has a clear lane. The problem is we have no linebackers.

As for Coples, give the man time. He was in the backfield quite a few times on Monday Night.

Patience people.
    /Thread

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's very effective at doing what's been asked of him. Problem is the narcoleptic lb's who can't make useful things out of the opportunities being given them.He's frequently double teamed but they are just to slow and lumbering to finish rb's/qb's off.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Yes. Just great picks by "the Bust Kings."
    Coples and Wilk aren't busts at all, they just weren't necessarily the players we actually needed to really improve the team and make a real impact. They are solid players so far... Once Coples gets his feet under him and a better feel for the pro game I think he's going to be a real impact player at his position in the 3-4 and has shown potential even as a 4-3 DE rushing the passer on 3rd down. Rex just needs to break out of his narrow view of how he uses specific players...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    LMAO, Bleacher Report LOL

Tells me all I need to know.

Try PFF, LOL still cant get over the Bleacher Report remark, good stuff.
    okay, so I don't see one on PFF for 2012 ....please provide a link.

They do have one for 2011 and he's not in it

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...efensive-ends/

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Im going off of eaglenj's post in another thread. A respected poster, I will trust his statement.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Prisoner of the moment threads like this, it might be time to sign off. Wilkerson had a promising rookie campaign playing every game and improving as the year went on. His pass rush isn't Trevor Pryce-esque from a 3 technique as promised by Rex but the kid still needs time coming from Temple.

Coples has been silent, it isnt Gholston because he does break through a couple times each game but to me he doesnt use his hands or leverage well at the moment. Time will tell but any conclusions right now are crazy
    Last edited by Revis; 10-10-2012 at 10:49 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im going off of eaglenj's post in another thread. A respected poster, I will trust his statement.
    So you don't know but you heard from another anonymous internet poster...and you laugh at bleacher report?????

I'm calling BS on that poster then.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

here's a response to a question I sent them on twitter in the offseason

ProFootballFocus.com @ProFootbalFocus
    Follow

@StFlo87 didnt do a lot as a pass rusher, but had fifth best % of stops relative to time on field of all 3-4 ends

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So you don't know but you heard from another anonymous internet poster...and you laugh at bleacher report?????

I'm calling BS on that poster then.
    I trust said poster a bunch more than bleacher report.

And as mentioned already here, PFF has liked Wilkerson a lot since day one.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Revis View Post
    here's a response to a question I sent them on twitter in the offseason
    okay, they're saying he's good against the run... I can buy that. That's not saying 3rd best though. That's really all I'm questioning. I'm not saying he sucks.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wilks is like the 3rd ranked 3-4 dlinemen in the league, Coples has had limited snaps in 5 career games.

Jets fans
    not even close...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    okay, they're saying he's good against the run... I can buy that. That's not saying 3rd best though. That's really all I'm questioning. I'm not saying he sucks.
    That's a fair point, we took him with the mindset he would be able to get us some pass rush when we use him inside on a 4 man d-line. He hasn't been that so far and year 2 he has struggled from my untrained eye as well. We have to be patient with these kids though

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another clueless statement from a Jets fan that doesn't know what being solid 3-4 DE looks like.

For anyone wanting to point fingers at our run defense, you better point to those 4 players right behind the D-Line first.
    don't bother explaining. chicks only dig the long ball