Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: wilkerson and coples production?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    But because he's not BETTER than JJ Watt, we're going to crucify him and Tannenbaum. Welcome to the board where rational thought rules.
    Also remember that it's irrelevant that Watt was picked a decent bit higher as well lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Elias Sports Bureau made a scoring change in last week’s Colts-Jets game, taking away a half a sack from LB Aaron Maybin and giving it to defensive end Quinton Coples, giving him two sacks for the game.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    sort of like the Jet fans who spent two years lambasting picking Kyle Wilson when that terrific probowler McCourty was available.

Now Wilson is starting and playing decently and McCourty is getting burned weekly like toast with ***Pasts fans calling for him to be benched or cut

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

Now Wilson is starting and playing decently

What games have you been watching?

Wilson is another Jets draft bust.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Wilson is a disappointment he is an adequate nickel corner who is being asked to step up and be a # 2 CB. He gives so much cushion to receivers it is ridiculous.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    OF COURSE.

But don't even mention such subversive language in this forum. They'll post you to death with claims that some obscure website says Wilkerson is the very best defensive lineman on the planet.

Wilkerson sucks and has been a total NO SHOW for this entire season thus far.

Coples, on the other hand, has been deprived of playing time by Rex Ryan. Why? I don't know. I think it's stamina issues.

But Coples has played great recently and deserves to get much more playing time. Would love to see Wilkerson get BENCHED in favor of Coples.
    Since when is pro football focus some obscure website? It is widely considered the number one site for player evaluations.

Just admit you were wrong, you will feel better.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Elias Sports Bureau made a scoring change in last week’s Colts-Jets game, taking away a half a sack from LB Aaron Maybin and giving it to defensive end Quinton Coples, giving him two sacks for the game.
    He had 2.5 including that one. It was really 3.5 because Luck grounded that one.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    He had 2.5 including that one. It was really 3.5 because Luck grounded that one.
    No, it was 1.5 adjusted to 2 sacks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread needs to be saved and used against these morons now, and forever. I really find it hard to believe just how ignorant people that spend every day talking about football can be. I'll be reposting this proof forever.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    He is ranked as the third best DE in the league by profootballfocus, behind Calais Campbell and JJ Watt. He is second in the league in stuffs (basically tackles that cause a failure on the offense) behind Watt. His pass rushing was poor to start the year but has gotten better in the last two games. You couldn't be more wrong in your assessment of Wilkerson. And it's an obscure website, it's used repeatedly on si.com, ESPN, and other media outlets. These guys actually rewatch the film and assess the players for every play. Just because you don't agree with something doesn't make the source flawed.
    PLEASE tell me how Wilkerson's pass rushing has gotten better??? He hasn't so much as sniffed the f*cking QB this season. He's been too busy getting run on.

BTW, they drafted him to become a pass rush contributor. Now, let me ask you...

Do YOU think he's contributed to the passing game?

Don't get me wrong, I like Wilkerson and I do believe he's a good player. I just think when there's no obvious signs of run or pass from the offense, Coples should be in Wilk's place playing with Devito. From a defensive standpoint, it would cover the bases more thoroughly.

I'm just posting stuff that gets all the cake eaters on this site all riled up. It works like a charm.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coples just dominated the Colts and suddenly all the haters and armchair GMs are nowhere to be found. Looking forward to Coples introducing himself to Tammy next weekend. Just another contributor on the deepest and most talented defensive line in the league.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

-- Kyle Wilson continues to show up on film making some heady plays. Take, for example the Colts' second offensive snap when he closes a distance of about eight yards in a second and rips down Nathan Palmer for a loss of four yards. He said earlier this year that the biggest transformation in his game has been the ability to sniff out plays earlier. This is another great example.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    This thread needs to be saved and used against these morons now, and forever. I really find it hard to believe just how ignorant people that spend every day talking about football can be. I'll be reposting this proof forever.
    Tell me about it bro

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    As far as Wilkerson and Coples go keep watching. Wilk is a monster at stopping the run. Coples just had his first career start last week and had 2 sacks. He just needed time to adjust to Rex's system now that he has LOOK OUT. These guys will be stars in the next few years both of them have already given us more then Gholston did.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    You literally have no idea what you're talking about. You sound like somebody's wife
    He is what he is. A hater who makes unfounded statements against Jets and licks everyone else's balls. EAD

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    -- Kyle Wilson continues to show up on film making some heady plays. Take, for example the Colts' second offensive snap when he closes a distance of about eight yards in a second and rips down Nathan Palmer for a loss of four yards. He said earlier this year that the biggest transformation in his game has been the ability to sniff out plays earlier. This is another great example.
    Don't use facts or video to reason with a troll, it won't have an effect.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    As far as Wilkerson and Coples go keep watching. Wilk is a monster at stopping the run. Coples just had his first career start last week and had 2 sacks. He just needed time to adjust to Rex's system now that he has LOOK OUT. These guys will be stars in the next few years both of them have already given us more then Gholston did.
    Coples has great natural strength. A few weeks ago, he grabbed Frank Gore with one hand and slammed him on the ground.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    aren't wilkerson and coples both learning a position they didn't really play in college? not making too many excuses but it does take time. i was hoping coples would have had a bigger impact out the gate. wilk is good on the line. he's supposed to hold the pocket before crushing the pocket and as others have said the dline holds the line while the lb's make the tackles.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    two things Maine you are doing this to rile people up. It just goes to show how much of pric% you are to other people here. If you and the other poster who started the thread truly believe what you posted please go root for another team. You are giving Jet fans a bad name

So I guess by giving something a smiley face it means you were just kidding right?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously folks...read this whole thread....I just did

And note the posters joining hands in condemning Wilkerson and Coples as busts, Tanny for drafting them and Rex for miscoaching them

nike(GMC)
    rextilleon
    cleatmarks
    mainejet
    copernicus
    srobjets
    patsfanTX

In summary, the usual suspects

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by sg3; 10-19-2012 at 07:35 AM.