Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Costumes

JetsInsider.com Legend

Arrow Halloween Costumes

Well it's that time of year again.
    I haven't gotten dressed up for Halloween in ages ( I feel like such a cane-shaker ), but just going through this album makes me want to do it again.
    Edit: I can't pretend to know all of them, but I do get most of them

Album (97 images)

http://imgur.com/a/zMoDe

Here's one for our friend Carlton -

Last edited by Fishooked; 10-11-2012 at 06:47 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Already had this from last year. Too lazy to think of anything else.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I was thinking of rolling with one of these.
    Easy, comfortable...

Plus who doesn't love Spandex?

Jets Insider VIP
    A friend of mine used to throw a kick ass halloween party every year. There were even big cash prizes for different categories like scariest, funniest and best. Some of the costumes were great.

We always finished the night with a big poker game. Good times... good times.

My youngest kid is 5 so I'll be out this year with him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    A friend of mine used to throw a kick ass halloween party every year. There were even big cash prizes for different categories like scariest, funniest and best. Some of the costumes were great.

We always finished the night with a big poker game. Good times... good times.

My youngest kid is 5 so I'll be out this year with him.
    It has kind of started to be a pain in the ass lately though.
    Every single year either my sister or our neighbors will say something like "Oh we should all get together and go trick or treating as a group. It will be fun!"

But it never is.

Certain people are notoriously late for everything and should never be allowed to be in charge of anything. They are forgetting about the most important things on Halloween : a)the kids having fun, and b)the candy.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    It has kind of started to be a pain in the ass lately though.
    Every single year either my sister or our neighbors will say something like "Oh we should all get together and go trick or treating as a group. It will be fun!"

But it never is.

Certain people are notoriously late for everything and should never be allowed to be in charge of anything. They are forgetting about the most important things on Halloween : a)the kids having fun, and b)the candy.
    As I become more of a cane shaker, I dread it each year.

On one hand its nice to see my 6 year old enjoy it, on the other hand having gangs of 15 year olds dropped off from other neighborhoods ringing the bell at 8 PM makes me nuts.

I'd turn off the lights, but I have about 200 bucks worth of Mums, corn stalks and fall/Halloween decorations to protect from the thieving hordes.

-

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    As I become more of a cane shaker, I dread it each year.

On one hand its nice to see my 6 year old enjoy it, on the other hand having gangs of 15 year olds dropped off from other neighborhoods ringing the bell at 8 PM makes me nuts.

I'd turn off the lights, but I have about 200 bucks worth of Mums, corn stalks and fall/Halloween decorations to protect from the thieving hordes.

-

It's sad but true. The night itself (and the night before) lends itself to hooliganism.

Punk#1 Hey man, this guy's candy bowl is empty!
    Punk#2 What the ****, man? My mom had to drive me 30 minutes to get here!
    Punk Horse: LET'S RAPE HIS MUMS & FALL DISPLAY!!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

It's sad but true. The night itself (and the night before) lends itself to hooliganism.

Lol..

A few years ago we left a bowl out and I happened to look as two Fourteenish chicks dumped the whole thing into a pillow case. They got about two steps before I was out the door demanding they pour their whole pillow case back into the bowl..including the candy they got before they came to my house.

Then I told them their parents would be ashamed (knowing full well that wasnt true)..and off they went muttering wtf's.

THen I spent then next few hours waiting for them to come back with the bloods and crips to cap my arse.

How is this a holiday again?

Jets Insider VIP

Mum raping?

I hope the Mayans are right.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

This probably won't surprise anyone, but I've hated Halloween since I was like 12.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    This probably won't surprise anyone, but I've hated Halloween since I was like 12.
    I can picture you hunkered down in a law library somewhere with a pipe..waiting for it to pass.

-

Well it's that time of year again.
    I haven't gotten dressed up for Halloween in ages ( I feel like such a cane-shaker ), but just going through this album makes me want to do it again.
    Edit: I can't pretend to know all of them, but I do get most of them

Album (97 images)

http://imgur.com/a/zMoDe

Here's one for our friend Carlton -

It's not unusuallllllll!!

JetsInsider.com Legend

THen I spent then next few hours waiting for them to come back with the bloods and crips to cap my arse.

So my gets mad and annoyed that I entertain the horrific thought of taking the kids door to door before dark, because (she says) 'that's not the way we did it when we were kids".

I said are you kidding? When I grew up we walked home from school at 3:00, got changed, and out we went. Didn't come back until 10pm or so.
    We didn't care that not everyone was 'home from work' yet.

Even more shocking considering how many more people drove child-kidnapping vans back in the 70s than today.

Really? Because of the fun?

Hall Of Fame
    the parents make your butler take you trick or treating?

there's a pic in that album that makes me want to say something that would most likely illicit a response involving the "judgmental Chris Hansen" gif.

so i won't say anything.

That album was Awesome! Really great costumes!

I usually go to the Village for the annual Halloween parade I'm still not sold on what to be this yr.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    there's a pic in that album that makes me want to say something that would most likely illicit a response involving the "judgmental Chris Hansen" gif.

so i won't say anything.
    *sigh*

alright

All League
    Lol..

A few years ago we left a bowl out and I happened to look as two Fourteenish chicks dumped the whole thing into a pillow case. They got about two steps before I was out the door demanding they pour their whole pillow case back into the bowl..including the candy they got before they came to my house.

Then I told them their parents would be ashamed (knowing full well that wasnt true)..and off they went muttering wtf's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AQPOoTlIlA

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I can picture you hunkered down in a law library somewhere with a pipe..waiting for it to pass.

-
    That's what I'll be doing when obnoxious hellions are ringing my door nonstop.

Although no pipe will be in hand. I actually broached that subject with my fiancée before and she put the kibosh on it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    That's what I'll be doing when obnoxious hellions are ringing my door nonstop.

Although no pipe will be in hand. I actually broached that subject with my fiancée before and she put the kibosh on it.
    Your father was a dentist, wasn't he?