Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More and more it looks like Woody could be a problem

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    1. Woodys own father did not turn J&J over to him.

2. In his whole life he has never run a company before, let alone an NFL franchsie. He also did not grow up in football, aspire to run an NFL team, or play or coach the game. All he has done in his life is be born into money.

3. He has hired 1 ONE football person during his entire tenure with the team, Terry Bradway. After he didnt work out as GM, he didnt even fire him, he demoted him, and installed a finance person as GM. When Joey Clinkscales left, he again didnt bring anyone in - simply promoted someone from within.

4. We have not had a VP or Director of Football Operations since Parcells left, therefore there is no single employee in between Woody (no football knowledge) or Tannenbaum (no scouting experience) or Rex (no prior personnel experience).

5. We have ZERO identity as an organization. We shoot for stopgap veterans over stockpiling draft picks. We do not value character when drafting for deciding on FAs. We treat draft choices as fantasy draft picks - ie John Connor. All of which has resulted in our locker room lacking leadership for the past 2 years.

Good NFL franchises have a plan/process that starts from the top down. Our owner cares more about Mitt Romney and lower taxes for his fortune then he does about winning a SB. That pretty much says everything we need to know.

100% Spot on Woody's wishes for roster moves, and hiring a cap managing-finance guru tells you all you need to know. Woody wants a cash cow and will create it through publicity (good or bad) not necessarily wins or championship.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Apparently it costs in the neighborhood of $50K for a full page ad.

Thats not what I had been hoping for when i googled it
    Yikes! Me either. We'll need SAR to chip in the majority of this.

Practice Squad
    Forget the New York Times... I own a printing company and would happily provide 4 huge banners for each gate outside of the stadium to voice our displeasure at management towards the end of the season... But first - lets see if management/coaching can turn this thing around this season - were only 5 games in... Its not fair as a fan to give up on a season when you are 2-0 in the division and a game out of first place...

Veteran
    Sounds like a plan. We're currently not in the situation like the Chiefsfans... yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post
    Forget the New York Times... I own a printing company and would happily provide 4 huge banners for each gate outside of the stadium to voice our displeasure at management towards the end of the season... But first - lets see if management/coaching can turn this thing around this season - were only 5 games in... Its not fair as a fan to give up on a season when you are 2-0 in the division and a game out of first place...
    Good idea. Thanks. We can all "try" to agree what should be said. Thanks!