Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: News for the Delusional - Greene - 1 Missed tackle

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

News for the Delusional - Greene - 1 Missed tackle

Shonn Greene - RB - Jets
    Shonn Greene has forced one missed tackle in 79 touches this season.
    In a word, unreal. Of course, such an amazingly dreadful stat shouldn't exactly be a surprise considering Greene has averaged just 2.9 yards on his 76 carries, but it further illuminates the insanity of Greene out-carrying Bilal Powell 8-4 against the Texans. Powell doesn't exactly conjure up memories of Jim Brown, but it's impossible to argue he's not the Jets' best backfield bet at this point.
    Everytime Shonn's on the field, it adds weight to the notion that this franchise a joke.

This team is heading down the sewer

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Greene has no "wiggle" at all, he runs straight ahead and usually gets tackled by the first guy that hits him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's pretty sad when we all got excited over Greene picking up like 12 yards on a screen Monday night. His utter lack of speed and vision is downright comical at this point. I've never seen a softer "power" back in my life.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't recall this supposed missed tackle.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    like i have been saying, he is one speed and one direction
    unfortunately for us, its slow and backwards

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't find anything from 2012, so this is 2011...but we're basically the worst team at breaking tackles....what a pathetic offense (this is obviously Sanchez's fault)

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...n-tackles-2011

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another thing I have a problem with besides Greene even being on the field is the way Sporano uses him. 1st down straight up the middle almost every damn time. The defense only has to defend a 15 ft wide patch of field on 1st downs.

Has Sporano ever heard of a HB toss or play-action pass?

If you're going to insist on slamming Greene into the back of Nick Mangold most 1st downs could we at least maybe run a play-action pass on 1st down once in awhile or even on 2nd down after one of Greene's better runs for a 3 yard gain.

What's the point of slamming Greene into the middle of the defense on 1st if you line up in shotgun on 2nd down? You line up in shotgun and take even the threat of a run away and no chance for play action; isn't that what all those 1st down runs should be setting up

I can't stand the stubbornness of Sporano and Rex

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    I can't find anything from 2012, so this is 2011...but we're basically the worst team at breaking tackles....what a pathetic offense (this is obviously Sanchez's fault)

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...n-tackles-2011
    Yeah it really is an offensive wide thing, with Greene leading the way. How many times can you recall catching a 4 yard pass and getting tackled immediately? Few and far between, seems like opponents always gain an extra 3 yards in one on one situations.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    like i have been saying, he is one speed and one direction
    unfortunately for us, its slow and backwards
    Yes, you're the only one who's said that about Greene.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    did my post say that i was the only one?
    get a clue

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Everytime Shonn's on the field, it adds weight to the notion that this franchise a joke.

This team is heading down the sewer
    Paradis, I feel your pain, you remind me of myself about 10 months ago. I can tell that all of this is hitting you like a ton of bricks right now and you are enraged. I feel exactly the same.

Honestly, how much more do the JETS owner, HC, and GM think that fans can take?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's so hard watching this offense try to run the ball. It's also unbelievable that Greene is still getting more carries then Powell. I don't understand why the coaches aren't trying to change things up???????????????????????

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    What a d0ushbag comment... please enlighten us with your many insights into the team we obviously missed!

waiting....

waiting...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dustin Keller's another guy who NEVER breaks tackles. First hit - of course followed with his patented jump in the air - always brings him down.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    What a d0ushbag comment... please enlighten us with your many insights into the team we obviously missed!

waiting....

waiting...
    Stay rustled, homie.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Dustin Keller's another guy who NEVER breaks tackles. First hit - of course followed with his patented jump in the air - always brings him down.
    So true, he isn't fast enough to run past defenders and isn't strong enough to break tackles. Greene is far worse though because a running backs sole job is to avoid tacklers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    Greene has no "wiggle" at all, he runs straight ahead and usually gets tackled by the first guy that hits him.
    Whats amazing about greene is that he is considered "a bruiser" yet he actually weighs less then arian foster. Its not like he is the second coming of christian okoye here....he just cant make guys miss, so he is labeled a brusier.

So sad for the team and the fans....

I truly believe though that as long as mangold isnt out, this will be powells breakout game!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO this isn't Greene's fault at all. He is who he is.

The true fault "lies" with the Jets FO and coaching staff who have the audacity to pretend that this is the back that the entire Jet's offense and theory of "gound and pound" should relie upon.

It is a joke and guess what it dramatically effects the passing game when you have essentially 3rd tier WRs running their routes. This is maddness!!! And actually sad....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fault doesn't matter ... Production matters ... As far as I'm concerned Sanchez and Greene can both jump off a cliff. They must be the worst players @ their position in the NFL. It is literally comical. I tune in now, not to see if we can win , but rather to witness what comedy will unfold before my eyes.

Why Rex gives guys permanent passes @ their positions is beyond me ! I have completely submitted to the thought that we may suck until Rex is outta here. And I really love his mindset on defense ... His stubbornness on issues like this is unequalled in the history of mankind ... except for maybe Hitler !

It's a joke ... A bad ****ing joke.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 10-11-2012 at 08:35 AM.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I don't recall this supposed missed tackle.
    This quote deserved a "re-tweet"