Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So close yet so far

So close yet so far

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=SmyN-7jBZ1A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERyHYF8xlWU

Funny how different this team looked with Talent

FIRE TANNY!
    Last edited by drsamuel84; 10-11-2012 at 10:40 AM.

We don't actually need talent, all we need to do is find an elite QB (easy enough) and we will win a super bowl with Jason Hill, Chaz Shillens, Gates, Cumberland, and Shonne Greene as our offensive weapons. It's all Sanchez's fault man

Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    We don't actually need talent, all we need to do is find an elite QB (easy enough) and we will win a super bowl with Jason Hill, Chaz Shillens, Gates, Cumberland, and Shonn Greene as our offensive weapons. It's all Sanchez's fault man
    It's not ALL anyone's fault. But Sanchez does deserve a lot of criticism. Of QBs who threw 100 passes in their first 5 games, only 4 QBs have had a lower completion % since 2000

The list is not impressive:

David Carr
    Andrew Walter
    Akili Smith
    JaMarcus Russell

Yes, part of that is on Tannenbaum, no question. But Sanchez, simply put, has been abysmal. It's severely misguided to pretend like Sanchez isn't a big part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    It's not ALL anyone's fault. But Sanchez does deserve a lot of criticism. Of QBs who threw 100 passes in their first 5 games, only 4 QBs have had a lower completion % since 2000

The list is not impressive:

David Carr
    Andrew Walter
    Akili Smith
    JaMarcus Russell

Yes, part of that is on Tannenbaum, no question. But Sanchez, simply put, has been abysmal. It's severely misguided to pretend like Sanchez isn't a big part of the problem.
    David Carr... another talented QB that was ruined by a lack of coaching and skill players.

I'm not saying that Sanchez hasn't been a big part of our problems, but this franchise has done him and us fans a great disservice in the way they built this team and the continuing mismanagement in developing our "franchise QB".

Sanchez has shown he has the clutch gene and that's a good enough reason for me to think he can be a good QB if he is given a real chance to develop with a proven QB coach and a HC that has a grasp of what an NFL offense actually is. We don't have the players or coaches to develop a QB right now.

We don't actually need talent, all we need to do is find an elite QB (easy enough) and we will win a super bowl with Jason Hill, Chaz Shillens, Gates, Cumberland, and Shonne Greene as our offensive weapons. It's all Sanchez's fault man
    im no sanchez fan but he is surrounded by slugs. so he is the fall guy for all this? we have wrs and tes who cant run routes block or hold onto the damn ball. how is that sanchez fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    im no sanchez fan but he is surrounded by slugs. so he is the fall guy for all this? we have wrs and tes who cant run routes block or hold onto the damn ball. how is that sanchez fault?
    Sorry man, I was being sarcastic... That's what this was supposed to imply. I actually think that Sanchez can be a real good QB if he had the right coaching and a few NFL starting caliber WR, TE, and RB's.

Has he played great, no. But he's not the biggest problem the Jets have right now.

David Carr... another talented QB that was ruined by a lack of coaching and skill players.

I'm not saying that Sanchez hasn't been a big part of our problems, but this franchise has done him and us fans a great disservice in the way they built this team and the continuing mismanagement in developing our "franchise QB".

Sanchez has shown he has the clutch gene and that's a good enough reason for me to think he can be a good QB if he is given a real chance to develop with a proven QB coach and a HC that has a grasp of what an NFL offense actually is. We don't have the players or coaches to develop a QB right now.
    I believe in my heart that the Jets ruined Sanchez in the way that they handled him. You can coach a player up or coach a player down and they coached Sanchez down.

The problem is that mentally Sanchez is not very good now because of the way he was handled and the Jets need to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    I believe in my heart that the Jets ruined Sanchez in the way that they handled him. You can coach a player up or coach a player down and they coached Sanchez down.

The problem is that mentally Sanchez is not very good now because of the way he was handled and the Jets need to move on.
    He's still only 25 years old, was winning playoff games on the road at 22 and 23 years old, he still has the clutch gene.

Dump Rex and his collection of stooges and get some real offensive coaches and the kid can still be coached up IMO. Continue on with Rex and Sporano and Cavanaugh and I agree Sanchez will be done...

Veteran
    Its not fair to evaluate Sanchez with this nonsense roster.

Fire Tannenbaum.

Bring in a new GM who is a "football guy"- not a lawyer/capologist.

Be straight with Rex- playoffs or good bye next year.

We will talk about Sanchez at a later date.

Veteran
    He's still only 25 years old, was winning playoff games on the road at 22 and 23 years old, he still has the clutch gene.

Dump Rex and his collection of stooges and get some real offensive coaches and the kid can still be coached up IMO. Continue on with Rex and Sporano and Cavanaugh and I agree Sanchez will be done...
    True- plus I don't feel like waiting 2 or 3 years to see whether a rookie does or doesn't develop into an elite.

Sanchez was knocking on the door to the super bowl 2 years in a row so we know a super bowl is possible.

The real issue is that this team has regressed significantly since everyone signed up for their PSL's. And that is something nobody should be ok with.

Jets Insider VIP
    I actually think that Sanchez can be a real good QB if he had the right coaching and a few NFL starting caliber WR, TE, and RB's
    What's your point?

I could say the same thing for Joey Harrington, Rex Grossman or any other past failure at QB.

Veteran
    I'm not crazy about Sanchez but come on, he's better than Harrington and Grossman- I don't care what the numbers say.

I used to go to school in Michigan - so I would watch Lion games and Harrington was just plain awful.

the problem with Sanchez is that the raw skills seem there, but he has shown 0% improvement since his 1st game in 2009

How Cavanaugh is still here is beyond me.

Zero natural football instinct. Zero pocket awareness. Zero ability to make a play when he has to leave the pocket. Just panic when the play breaks down. It's sad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Faith View Post
    I'm not crazy about Sanchez but come on, he's better than Harrington and Grossman- I don't care what the numbers say.

I used to go to school in Michigan - so I would watch Lion games and Harrington was just plain awful.
    What's the biggest excuse that the Sanchez apologists wave in your face?

"He took us to two AFC Championship games."

Sanchez had about as much to do with getting us to those two conference championship games as Grossman did with getting the Bears to the Superbowl.

And what happened with Grossman? Did Chicago hang on to him forever just because he was the starting QB for a team that appeared in the Superbowl? Nope, they benched his ass 3 games into the following season and the Grossman era ended.

Ahhh, those were the days, when I actually looked forward to watching football!!!

Braylon is a better WR than Cromartie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD42fvSuMyE

here are some highlights this guy is Awesum!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Faith View Post

Of course the fact that Harrington did not have much of a team around him is not an excuse! Yup, but it is for Sanchez! Got it! Just sayin'