Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Could the Jets trade Tebow to the Jaguars right now?

Could the Jets trade Tebow to the Jaguars right now?

Now I'm not just wondering about this just because as a Tebow/Pats fan I have a conflict of interested. I actually have grown accustomed to this board and believe at least some of you are pretty decent fans and have treated me fairly well. And I'm not at all worried about what Tebow is going to do when we get to face you in 2 weeks. I'm saying it because I really do believe it's the only thing that can make Woody look like a total genius and set things right...for everybody.

I really don't believe Tebow wanted to be here, though he will never admit it, and from the looks of it neither did Rex nor Sporano. And from the look of things, neither did most of you fans. Though I don't think that's a reason to show Tebow so much hate, because I highly doubt it was his choosing. He's a good dude who is busting his ass out there, and he got ousted after doing what he needed to do to earn his spot with one team last year. So give the kid a break and lets consider a few facts.

Tebow's not a pocket passer. So the only way this would even work even if he were to replace Sanchez, is if he runs the spread option. But just looking at the way he is being utilized makes me believe Sporano has no freaking clue about a spread option offense, and even if he does, this team has 0 intention of implementing. Tebow can't save this team because frankly it just isn't set up in any way shape or form for the style of offense he runs. In fact, I would argue it's WORSE from a personnel stand point than the Denver Broncos were at this time last year.

-no pass catching running back who can run out of the shotgun and block the assignments that they would have to block.
    -no decent tight ends.
    -and a head coach who only knows something about the Wildcat, but seems clueless how to expand it beyond this one trick pony into a full fledged spread option offense.

And that's just off the top of my head. On to the next point. The Jets have no problem filling the stadium seats from what I can see, so the idea that Tebow is here for that reason...I just don't buy it and with him not getting play time, that's not happening anyway. There's a far more important need for such a thing in the only place that initially made sense...Jacksonville. Likewise, there's a far easier way to put butts in the seats in NY, and that is by winning not by losing with Tebow- which is quite likely a possibility given I don't believe he truly is a miracle worker that could fix y'alls mess.

Jacksonville is 1-4 and has a new coach who thinks Gabbert needs work with his internal clock because he doesn't hold the ball long enough. They have an owner and a town who worship Tim Tebow and were already willing to offer a lot for him. They have a running back, which the Jets would die for and would truly bring in the ground and pound weapon Mark Sanchez and this team needs. A running back who probably isn't on the greatest of terms in Jacksonville after his hold out, nor does he feel very loved by them and will probably bounce anyway when his contract runs out. And he's tired of losing...

Tebow can't fix this team's running game. But MJD can. And its exactly the kind of weapon that a game manager like Mark needs. And considering 22 of MJD's 31 million dollars have ALREADY been paid, he only has 8 million left over the next 2 years. Jones-Drew is only scheduled to make $4.45 million this year and $4.95 million next year. I mean it can't be more perfect. At least financially, it's very doable and the Jets might just be able to figure out a way to sweeten the pot a bit more.

I honestly think even if the Jets start Tebow with this team, what is going to happen is neither freaking quarterback will have ANY value at the end of the season. Why not make the move now, and make everyone happy and get something of value while you can? Khan might just love Tebow just a little more than Woody and a little more than MJD who is tired of losing in Jacksonville.

Am I crazy or could something like this actually happen? I say save your season. Save Sanchez. Save me the headache.

PS: As a bonus, you will get rid of me too!

Jets Insider VIP
    If Rex and Tanny want any hope of saving there jobs, they are going to need to put tebow in ASAP.

A Jet hating Pat fan who loves Tebow. Interesting choices.

There is no way the Jaguars would trade MJD, there is no way the Jets would trade Tebow.

MJD is there offense.

Woody loves Tebow, he said he'll be here for not 2 or 4 but 3 years.

As of right now this whole Tebow thing has nothing but a joke and headline grabber. The most impressive thing Tebow has done so far is convert on fake punts. Who knows what the future holds, but I guarantee we don't trade Tebow this year.

Good luck with your conflict of fandom though.

the trade deadline has been extended to week 8 i believe?

if we are going to stick with sanchez and tanny can pull off a tebow for mjd trade then why not? if sanchez still continues to falter insert mcelroy.

i dont like the qb shuffle thats going on.

tebow only helps this team when hes on the field not watching from the sideline.

Our owner just said Tebow would be here for 3 years yesterday. Why even make this thread? The Jets have zero intention of trading him.

Quote Originally Posted by JETS2417 View Post
    A Jet hating Pat fan who loves Tebow. Interesting choices.

There is no way the Jaguars would trade MJD, there is no way the Jets would trade Tebow.

MJD is there offense.

Woody loves Tebow, he said he'll be here for not 2 or 4 but 3 years.

As of right now this whole Tebow thing has nothing but a joke and headline grabber. The most impressive thing Tebow has done so far is convert on fake punts. Who knows what the future holds, but I guarantee we don't trade Tebow this year.

Good luck with your conflict of fandom though.
    I honestly think they would.

If you followed his contract dispute over the summer, there is a lot of bad blood there. And if you read the latest statements, he's spilling his frustration into the media.

Jaguars Notebook: Maurice Jones-Drew says 'I'm tired of losing'

Jones-Drew is noted for taking losses hard. And he hasn’t been on a winning team since 2007.
    As he said after the game, “It’s tough just from the fact it’s been going on for five years. I’m just tired of losing. I’m just tired. You’re tired of not being able to sleep at night and not be able to play with your kids after losses. It’s the same routine over and over again. Somehow I have to do better. I didn’t play my best game so it starts with me. I have to look in the mirror and figure what I’m doing wrong. How I’m practicing. What I’m doing in order to do my best to give us the best chance to win.’’

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/sports/footb...#ixzz2905NFU2Z
    The fans in Jacksonville already crucified Khan for missing out on Tebow. Twice now. If the Jets make a public offer, might be able to twist his arm.

And despite what Woody says about keeping Tebow here for 3 years, he'd be retarded not to do this trade right now if it was possible with the team being 2-3 and Holmes done for the season. You are not 1-5. MJD is basically everything this offense needs right now. Tebow is everything Jacksonville needs.
    Last edited by Whichfan; 10-11-2012 at 10:26 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Jaguars Notebook: Maurice Jones-Drew says 'I'm tired of losing'
    Well, coming here isnt going to solve that problem.

Good post.

And I agree while it's unlikely, Tanny would be a fool not to swap Tebow for MJD.

Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    The fans in Jacksonville already crucified Khan for missing out on Tebow. Twice now. If the Jets make a public offer, might be able to twist his arm.

And despite what Woody says about keeping Tebow here for 3 years, he'd be retarded not to do this trade right now if it was possible with the team being 2-3 and Holmes done for the season. You are not 1-5. MJD is basically everything this offense needs right now. Tebow is everything Jacksonville needs.
    I stand by the fact neither will be traded.

Even so a trade of Tebow for MJD would never happen regardless. MJD is a premier RB in this league who led the NFL in rushing last year. You don't trade that kind of player for a back up QB that would bring fans in. The Jags are sticking with Gabbert, and although MJD is tired of losing he also said he wishes to remain a Jaguar.

It makes sense for the Jets, but unfortunately makes absolutely no sense for the Jags to trade MJD, he's basically all the have at this point...

Besides Tebow isn't worth a bologna sandwich let alone a premier NFL starting caliber running back

Tebow and a 1st for MJD

Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    It makes sense for the Jets, but unfortunately makes absolutely no sense for the Jags to trade MJD, he's basically all the have at this point...
    Well that not entirely true. Their back up rb was tearing it up in preseason. And Jacksonville is 1-4. They need a face and a franchise QB. Gabbert is neither and right now it's looking grim for him. They need to sell tickets. Tebow is from Jacksonville and is a freaking hero back home. That team is done this year, and I guarantee you the fans would happily rather have Tebow there than MJD.

They may not get the same level of proven value on the field, but they would easily get the same VALUE overall from a business stand point.

To most teams Tebow might not be worth a guy like MJD. To Jacksonville I absolutely think he is! And Jacksonville refused to renegotiate MJD's contract. They obviously don't consider him that high a value.

Hall Of Fame
    Now I'm not just wondering about this just because as a Tebow/Pats fan I have a conflict of interested. I actually have grown accustomed to this board and believe at least some of you are pretty decent fans and have treated me fairly well. And I'm not at all worried about what Tebow is going to do when we get to face you in 2 weeks. I'm saying it because I really do believe it's the only thing that can make Woody look like a total genius and set things right...for everybody.

I really don't believe Tebow wanted to be here, though he will never admit it, and from the looks of it neither did Rex nor Sporano. And from the look of things, neither did most of you fans. Though I don't think that's a reason to show Tebow so much hate, because I highly doubt it was his choosing. He's a good dude who is busting his ass out there, and he got ousted after doing what he needed to do to earn his spot with one team last year. So give the kid a break and lets consider a few facts.

Tebow's not a pocket passer. So the only way this would even work even if he were to replace Sanchez, is if he runs the spread option. But just looking at the way he is being utilized makes me believe Sporano has no freaking clue about a spread option offense, and even if he does, this team has 0 intention of implementing. Tebow can't save this team because frankly it just isn't set up in any way shape or form for the style of offense he runs. In fact, I would argue it's WORSE from a personnel stand point than the Denver Broncos were at this time last year.

-no pass catching running back who can run out of the shotgun and block the assignments that they would have to block.
    -no decent tight ends.
    -and a head coach who only knows something about the Wildcat, but seems clueless how to expand it beyond this one trick pony into a full fledged spread option offense.

And that's just off the top of my head. On to the next point. The Jets have no problem filling the stadium seats from what I can see, so the idea that Tebow is here for that reason...I just don't buy it and with him not getting play time, that's not happening anyway. There's a far more important need for such a thing in the only place that initially made sense...Jacksonville. Likewise, there's a far easier way to put butts in the seats in NY, and that is by winning not by losing with Tebow- which is quite likely a possibility given I don't believe he truly is a miracle worker that could fix y'alls mess.

Jacksonville is 1-4 and has a new coach who thinks Gabbert needs work with his internal clock because he doesn't hold the ball long enough. They have an owner and a town who worship Tim Tebow and were already willing to offer a lot for him. They have a running back, which the Jets would die for and would truly bring in the ground and pound weapon Mark Sanchez and this team needs. A running back who probably isn't on the greatest of terms in Jacksonville after his hold out, nor does he feel very loved by them and will probably bounce anyway when his contract runs out. And he's tired of losing...

Tebow can't fix this team's running game. But MJD can. And its exactly the kind of weapon that a game manager like Mark needs. And considering 22 of MJD's 31 million dollars have ALREADY been paid, he only has 8 million left over the next 2 years. Jones-Drew is only scheduled to make $4.45 million this year and $4.95 million next year. I mean it can't be more perfect. At least financially, it's very doable and the Jets might just be able to figure out a way to sweeten the pot a bit more.

I honestly think even if the Jets start Tebow with this team, what is going to happen is neither freaking quarterback will have ANY value at the end of the season. Why not make the move now, and make everyone happy and get something of value while you can? Khan might just love Tebow just a little more than Woody and a little more than MJD who is tired of losing in Jacksonville.

Am I crazy or could something like this actually happen? I say save your season. Save Sanchez. Save me the headache.

PS: As a bonus, you will get rid of me too!

Well that not entirely true. Their back up rb was tearing it up in preseason. And Jacksonville is 1-4. They need a face and a franchise QB. Gabbert is neither and right now it's looking grim for him. They need to sell tickets. Tebow is from Jacksonville and is a freaking hero back home. That team is done this year, and I guarantee you the fans would happily rather have Tebow there than MJD.

They may not get the same level of proven value on the field, but they would easily get the same VALUE overall from a business stand point.

To most teams Tebow might not be worth a guy like MJD. To Jacksonville I absolutely think he is! And Jacksonville refused to renegotiate MJD's contract. They obviously don't consider him that high a value.
    Don't get me wrong man I'd love to get rid of the Tebow farce here and get a stud RB at the same time. I love the trade, but I can't see any way that it actually happens. Besides even if we got MJD Sporano and Rex would probably still insist on slamming Greene into Mangold's back every 1st down anyway

Veteran
    all i know is in madden 13 i started a career with the jags, traded for tebow, and we beat the vikings 42-7 in the first game. just sayin'.

1) Where's the money to pay MJD coming from?

2) Woody's not trading Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    Don't get me wrong man I'd love to get rid of the Tebow farce here and get a stud RB at the same time. I love the trade, but I can't see any way that it actually happens. Besides even if we got MJD Sporano and Rex would probably still insist on slamming Greene into Mangold's back every 1st down anyway
    If Rex played Greene over MJD, I think the justice system would give you a full pardon if you personally wanted to take him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    If Rex and Tanny want any hope of saving there jobs, they are going to need to put tebow in ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    all i know is in madden 13 i started a career with the jags, traded for tebow, and we beat the vikings 42-7 in the first game. just sayin'.
    I'm convinced!

Tebow's is god!

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    1) Where's the money to pay MJD coming from?

2) Woody's not trading Tebow.
    I remember reading somewhere here that the Jets are 8 mil under the cap. MJD only has roughly 8 mil on his contract over the next 2 years, though I'd be lying if i said what the salary cap hit is. Plus I'm sure you would be swapping some money and cap there too. MJD's contract was front loaded. That's why he wanted to renegotiate.

And that's a shame because Rex is not going to play Tebow. Makes no sense.