Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Could the Jets trade Tebow to the Jaguars right now?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    1) Where's the money to pay MJD coming from?

We are under the cap this year and can afford what he's due for the next 2 years

2) Woody's not trading Tebow.

I bet he would let Tanny trade Tebow for MJD if there was a serious offer for it

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    1) Where's the money to pay MJD coming from?
    let Revis go. Get MJD and a beast OLB

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    I'm all for that. Revis could be the best CB in the history of CB's, but you don't build a SB team around CB's

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    It makes sense for the Jets, but unfortunately makes absolutely no sense for the Jags to trade MJD, he's basically all the have at this point...

Why would MJD come to a team that doesn't have an offense line that can open up a running lane?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm Jax. Year's gone. I'll trade MJD. For Tebow, McKnight and next year's 1 & 2. Plus 1 in 2014.
    Tanny get it done.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the owner stands in the way of making a positive football move to help the team on the field because he is more worried about not getting the exposure off the field. Then this organization as a whole is in serious trouble and not just this year. It is looking that way. I hope this isn't the case where we have to wait till Woody gets Hess age to finally wake up about winning.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have been hoping for the JETS to trade Tebow and some package to JAX for MJD since he arrived.

If there is any way possible it should be done.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    I'm Jax. Year's gone. I'll trade MJD. For Tebow, McKnight and next year's 1 & 2. Plus 1 in 2014.
    Tanny get it done.
    Are you effing insane!
    Way to many draft picks
    I could see trading Tebow & a 2. You still gotta pay the man.
    Then you go BIG OLINEMAN in the draft. Go after 1 free agent lineman
    Trade Revis when proven healthy for a #1 & a linebacker
    Gives you 2 #1s
    Trade back with one of your 1s & get another LB
    You could have:
    Harris- Davis- LB in trade- #2-Draftee
    Holmes- Hill- Kerley
    Draft another TE & sign a blocking TE
    You would have Blocking Vet TE- Cumberland- Draftee
    Resign Landry if u can
    Right there you solve a lot of your problems- keep a mix of Vets & youngins
    Get a lot younger & faster
    Keep the young players that stand out the rest of this year
    MJD- Powell- Grimes at RB
    DBrick- Ducasse- Mangold- Vet- #1-Draftee

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Our owner just said Tebow would be here for 3 years yesterday. Why even make this thread? The Jets have zero intention of trading him.
    The owner, like the head coach, says a lot of things. Seeing is believing.

This is not a circus! It's a zoo !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Jets!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkjet24 View Post
    Have been hoping for the JETS to trade Tebow and some package to JAX for MJD since he arrived.

Sanchez is more trade able.

Go Jets!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Sanchez is more trade able.

Go Jets!
    No he's not.

Sanchez is virtually untradeable for the next two years thanks to the extension that our genius GM gave him as a makeup kiss on the cheek for flirting with Peyton.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Are you effing insane!
    Way to many draft picks
    I could see trading Tebow & a 2. You still gotta pay the man.
    Then you go BIG OLINEMAN in the draft. Go after 1 free agent lineman
    Trade Revis when proven healthy for a #1 & a linebacker
    Gives you 2 #1s
    Trade back with one of your 1s & get another LB
    You could have:
    Harris- Davis- LB in trade- #2-Draftee
    Holmes- Hill- Kerley
    Draft another TE & sign a blocking TE
    You would have Blocking Vet TE- Cumberland- Draftee
    Resign Landry if u can
    Right there you solve a lot of your problems- keep a mix of Vets & youngins
    Get a lot younger & faster
    Keep the young players that stand out the rest of this year
    MJD- Powell- Grimes at RB
    DBrick- Ducasse- Mangold- Vet- #1-Draftee
    Not at all. Tanny and Rex are both geniuses. They can make it work. MJD is the secret to this year's SB for the Jets.
    I mean, look what the Jets paid for D Rob. And Sanchez to move up.
    The Jets know how to deal.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    If we cut or trade Revis, we lose cap space. His number is only $9M for next year if we keep him. If we trade or release him, we get a $12M cap hit.

And it's not about being able to, barely, fit him in under the cap this year. It would significantly hamper our ability to make any significant roster moves for the next two years. It's the same kind of short term thinking that some of us have been killing Tannenbaum for.

Our team is going to improve by drafting players that most of us have never heard of.

It is not in the best interest of the team to add another $8+M/yr cap charge to the roster.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkjet24 View Post

Honestly when I first heard he got traded here, that's the first thing I considered. Made so little sense to me I thought Woody was just trying to bock us or Jacksonville from getting him, and maybe later using him as bait.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tanny get it done.
    No Way, Those could be 2 top 10 1st rd picks

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not at all. Tanny and Rex are both geniuses. They can make it work. MJD is the secret to this year's SB for the Jets.
    I mean, look what the Jets paid for D Rob. And Sanchez to move up.
    The Jets know how to deal.

7 out of 10 posters think you're for serious....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, JAX had no interest at all in giving their 3rd rounder to DEN, then turned around and used that 3rd rounder on a PUNTER!! Now they wanna give us MJD for Tebow instead?? How many times do we have to go through this? JAX does not want Tebow. No other team wants Tebow. A 4th round pick is a pittance for a starting QB yet no one gave it up and made him their starter. Hell a 3rd round pick is a good deal for a starting QB value. We outbid ourselves plain and simple. Nobody wanted Tebow......except Woody.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets should trade anybody and everybody worth anything to anyone right now. Get as much as possible, starting with GREEDis.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we cut or trade Revis, we lose cap space. His number is only $9M for next year if we keep him. If we trade or release him, we get a $12M cap hit.

And it's not about being able to, barely, fit him in under the cap this year. It would significantly hamper our ability to make any significant roster moves for the next two years. It's the same kind of short term thinking that some of us have been killing Tannenbaum for.

Our team is going to improve by drafting players that most of us have never heard of.

It is not in the best interest of the team to add another $8+M/yr cap charge to the roster.
    Yeah you are right, I forgot about the front loading/signing bonus cap hit with Revis. If the Jets could trade him without taking the hit I'd be all for it though. The money he's going to want is going to be insane for a CB

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Yeah, JAX had no interest at all in giving their 3rd rounder to DEN, then turned around and used that 3rd rounder on a PUNTER!! Now they wanna give us MJD for Tebow instead?? How many times do we have to go through this? JAX does not want Tebow. No other team wants Tebow. A 4th round pick is a pittance for a starting QB yet no one gave it up and made him their starter. Hell a 3rd round pick is a good deal for a starting QB value. We outbid ourselves plain and simple. Nobody wanted Tebow......except Woody.

They still offered more from what I remember....

There was more [offered] from Jacksonville, but I think that we looked at it and it was close enough, and we were in contact with Tim throughout the day, and talked to him, Elway told ESPN Radio in Denver on Thursday, via Lindsay Jones of the Denver Post.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ck-chose-jets/
    If that was his trade value, and this is true, then they did their job by offering more without having to give up a 3rd round pick so I'm not sure why you think a team should offer more if they already won the auction. Seems more like some sort of favors took place in this trade and we don't know about them. The trade details were very muddy but John Elway still traded him here, saying they gave Tebow the choice, which Tebow later denied. And based on Rex's comments recently, I'm willing to believe Elway is full of it. Not sure what him and Woody's agreement was but I do know the Jacksonville wanted him pretty bad and reportedly offered more for him. Elway gifted him to Woody.

Not to mention, with the way Gabbert is playing, I'm willing to bed they are even more desperate. At least Gabbert still looked like he had potential back in March. At 1-4, and with the way he's played, they are probably already contemplating their next quarterback. Gabbert was Del Rio's guy and I'm afraid he isn't convincing the new coach he's their man.