Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Could the Jets trade Tebow to the Jaguars right now?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow wanted NY because of the media. He got what he wanted.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by red75bronco View Post
    Tebow wanted NY because of the media. He got what he wanted.
    This is unsubstantiated fluff. Tebow could go play in Alaska and still get the media.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    I'm Jax. Year's gone. I'll trade MJD. For Tebow, McKnight and next year's 1 & 2. Plus 1 in 2014.
    Tanny get it done.
    Why not throw in a free pass to Wallys world.

I know you better..this is a put on.

Straight up for Tebow ... A number 2. And we get your 4 . THAT'S it.

Not sure of MD contract..but he was recently quoted saying..I'm tired of losing.

That would preclude the JETS.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    They still offered more from what I remember....

If that was his trade value, and this is true, then they did their job by offering more without having to give up a 3rd round pick so I'm not sure why you think a team should offer more if they already won the auction. Seems more like some sort of favors took place in this trade and we don't know about them. The trade details were very muddy but John Elway still traded him here, saying they gave Tebow the choice, which Tebow later denied. And based on Rex's comments recently, I'm willing to believe Elway is full of it. Not sure what him and Woody's agreement was but I do know the Jacksonville wanted him pretty bad and reportedly offered more for him. Elway gifted him to Woody.

Not to mention, with the way Gabbert is playing, I'm willing to bed they are even more desperate. At least Gabbert still looked like he had potential back in March. At 1-4, and with the way he's played, they are probably already contemplating their next quarterback. Gabbert was Del Rio's guy and I'm afraid he isn't convincing the new coach he's their man.
    Then why aren't they kicking down our door now? If their 4th wasn't enough they could have offered their 3rd and there would be no question they'd have him. If JAX felt Tebow was a starting QB they'd have done it. Instead they saved it and eventually used the pick on a punter. They sat in that room and made a conscious decision that Tebow was not worth a 3rd rounder. The same people then sat in a room together and felt the pick WAS worth a punter. What don't you get? If JAX thinks Tebow is a starting QB (obviously they don't) then parting with a 3rd is a no brainer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    MJD for TEBOW makes ALOT of sense rt now too!!! DO IT!!!! CMON!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

That sounds fair and doable. I honestly think if that offer was made public, this trade could get done.

If Rex truly is insane enough to continue going with Sanchez when he's playing this bad, then there is little reason to have a back up quarterback at all. Sanchez will be here until Rex is gone and Rex will ride him until they both get run out of NY by an angry mob. With the lack of usage, Tebow is just taking up a roster spot at this point.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Then why aren't they kicking down our door now? If their 4th wasn't enough they could have offered their 3rd and there would be no question they'd have him. If JAX felt Tebow was a starting QB they'd have done it. Instead they saved it and eventually used the pick on a punter. They sat in that room and made a conscious decision that Tebow was not worth a 3rd rounder. The same people then sat in a room together and felt the pick WAS worth a punter. What don't you get? If JAX thinks Tebow is a starting QB (obviously they don't) then parting with a 3rd is a no brainer.
    Well like I said, they already offered more and still didn't get them, so I'm inclined to think there was other things involved here we don't know about. Maybe he was playing hard ball too and Khan felt slighted Elway and Woody had some other agreement. Let's remember Khan is a new NFL owner, and probably didn't want to be taken advantage of. I mean if I win an auction, and you refuse to give it to me, to me it screams you are trying to strong arm me.

But you could also argue some of it had to do with the fact they had a rookie QB last year and still wanted to see what they had in him with a new coach.

So far this year, Gabbert's done nothing to prove he is their man.
    Last edited by Whichfan; 10-11-2012 at 09:12 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    MJD for TEBOW makes ALOT of sense rt now too!!! DO IT!!!! CMON!!!
    Yeah, how bout we get Megatron for Jason Hill while we're at it

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well like I said, they already offered more and still didn't get them, so I'm inclined to think there was other things involved here we don't know about. Maybe he was playing hard ball too and Khan felt slighted Elway and Woody had some other agreement. Let's remember Khan is a new NFL owner, and probably didn't want to be taken advantage of.

But you could also argue some of it had to do with the fact they had a rookie QB last year and still wanted to see what they had in him with a new coach.

So far this year, Gabbert's done nothing to prove he is their man.
    And Tebow's done what to prove he is? JAX is not trading the best player on their team for Tebow. This is plain silly talk.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    And Tebow's done what to prove he is? JAX is not trading the best player on their team for Tebow. This is plain silly talk.
    He's proven he can turn a 1-4 team around to a respectable record, win playoff games and putt butts in the seat....which is exactly what Jacksonville IS and NEEDS.

Oh and Jacksonville was unwilling to pay "their best player" more than 4.5 million per year this past summer. You realize the Panthers are paying Deangelo Williams 8 million per year. Johnathan Stewart 6...Jacksonville's contract to MJD right now is pretty insulting.

I believe they are willing to get rid of him. Either way I can't see him sticking around in Jacksonville after that mess. Jacksonville isn't willing to pay out big money, and you can't blame them. New owner, and they have problem selling tickets. Tebow helps that franchise way more than MJD.
    Last edited by Whichfan; 10-11-2012 at 09:34 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, how bout we get Megatron for Jason Hill while we're at it
    Finally some1 making rt moves round here..

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    That would make too much sense. Send him away

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    The Jets should trade anybody and everybody worth anything to anyone right now. Get as much as possible, starting with GREEDis.
    I agree .. Trade for as many draft picks as possible ... And load up on picks for 2013-2014 drafts.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's proven he can turn a 1-4 team around to a respectable record, win playoff games and putt butts in the seat....which is exactly what Jacksonville IS and NEEDS.

Oh and Jacksonville was unwilling to pay "their best player" more than 4.5 million per year this past summer. You realize the Panthers are paying Deangelo Williams 8 million per year. Johnathan Stewart 6...Jacksonville's contract to MJD right now is pretty insulting.

I believe they are willing to get rid of him. Either way I can't see him sticking around in Jacksonville after that mess. Jacksonville isn't willing to pay out big money, and you can't blame them. New owner, and they have problem selling tickets. Tebow helps that franchise way more than MJD.
    He did that (well he didn't, he led a potent 16 ppg offensive juggernaut) LAST YEAR. That information was already there for JAX to evaluate. Look at JAX's stadium. They have tarps on 25% of the field because they can't sell seats. That didn't just happen, that was the same issue last year as well. They KNEW Tebow would almost instantly fill those empty seats and they still wouldn't part with that 3rd round pick. Who care what reason was behind DEN's sending him for our 4th instead of JAX's, all they had to do was say "hey, here's our 3rd!". This is (in your mind) a starting caliber QB that instantly sells tickets. They still said no. They are not gonna change their mind now and just say they made a mistake and give up their best player on the team to make up for it. Whether you want to see it or not the current regime in JAX, including the owner, do not value Tebow the way you do.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    He did that (well he didn't, he led a potent 16 ppg offensive juggernaut) LAST YEAR. That information was already there for JAX to evaluate. Look at JAX's stadium. They have tarps on 25% of the field because they can't sell seats. That didn't just happen, that was the same issue last year as well. They KNEW Tebow would almost instantly fill those empty seats and they still wouldn't part with that 3rd round pick. Who care what reason was behind DEN's sending him for our 4th instead of JAX's, all they had to do was say "hey, here's our 3rd!". This is (in your mind) a starting caliber QB that instantly sells tickets. They still said no. They are not gonna change their mind now and just say they made a mistake and give up their best player on the team to make up for it. Whether you want to see it or not the current regime in JAX, including the owner, do not value Tebow the way you do.
    How do you know that's what it would have taken? Isn't that just pure speculation? I'm basing it on what I have read. It was reported they offered more. Now why didn't they offer EVEN more? I have no freaking clue but I have never heard of such a thing in the NFL that after you win a trade battle, you still don't get it because you didn't win it by a BIG ENOUGH margin...which is what you are saying. Sounds pretty ridiculous.

In fact if it is indeed true Tebow had no say, then the real question is why would a team accept a lesser offer to send Tebow here? I think that's where you will find your answer.

If you are going to speculate then I can specualte as well. Maybe the Jets badly wanted Peyton, and maybe Peyton didn't want any part of Tom. They agreed to back off Peyton with Elway in exchange for Tebow....so maybe it wouldn't have mattered what anyone offered for Tebow, he was coming here anyway.

But I prefer sticking to facts.

The Jags were the highest bidder.
    The Jags don't value MJD enough.
    The Jags are 1-4 and their rookie QB is looking less and less like their franchise QB.
    The Jags need a face and help selling tickets.
    The Jags will likely lose MJD anyway.
    The Jets need a running game, and MJD would fix that.
    The Jets coach message is: no matter how ****ty Mark's playing Tebow isn't starting.
    The contract money exchange is very doable.
    The trade deadline isn't here yet.
    The Jets will destroy both QB's values if they replace Sanchez with Tebow and Tebow tanks the rest of the season.

That's all I am going off of.
    Last edited by Whichfan; 10-11-2012 at 10:19 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

Not sure of MD contract..but he was recently quoted saying..I'm tired of losing.

That would preclude the JETS.

ME? Put on? Tanny and Rex know how to build a team. Just look what Rex has done. Piece by piece. Patiently building a stud team. Sort of like Landry or Noll or Walsh.
    My dead a$$.
    Of course I am jesting. These bozos couldn't put 3 legos together without them collapsing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    ME? Put on? Tanny and Rex know how to build a team. Just look what Rex has done. Piece by piece. Patiently building a stud team. Sort of like Landry or Noll or Walsh.
    My dead a$$.
    Of course I am jesting. These bozos couldn't put 3 legos together without them collapsing.
    LMAO!!!!! Well played sir!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    While Tebow is a good attention grabber - the realistic side of it is the Jets gave up a lousy 4th rd pick that most of the time doesnt contribute much if at all...Tebow has arguably contributed more than a 4th rder already and is a fine emergency QB....also hes pretty cheap. I didnt have a problem with the move then nor now -

the problem is Sanchez keeps stinking it up and having no offenseive playmakers. The solution is not pretty because if you replace Sanchez with Tebow you are in essence ending Mark's career with the NYJ while he is on the books for over $10M next season.

Wake me up when its 2014

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    While Tebow is a good attention grabber - the realistic side of it is the Jets gave up a lousy 4th rd pick that most of the time doesnt contribute much if at all...Tebow has arguably contributed more than a 4th rder already and is a fine emergency QB....also hes pretty cheap. I didnt have a problem with the move then nor now -

the problem is Sanchez keeps stinking it up and having no offenseive playmakers. The solution is not pretty because if you replace Sanchez with Tebow you are in essence ending Mark's career with the NYJ while he is on the books for over $10M next season.

Wake me up when its 2014
    Don't give up!
    Jets beat Colts this weekend. Lose to Pats 4-4
    Get the break they needed & come out strong in the 2nd half.
    Gotta get behind this band of misfit toys.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am dreaming of the day Teblow is no longer a member of the team I root for. I will NEVER forgive Woody and Tannenbaum for trading for him.