Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never Been to the New Stadium, Tell Me About it?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Never Been to the New Stadium, Tell Me About it?

Thinking of StubHubbing some late-season tickets this year, checking out the new stadium, making a Christmastime trip to New York, see the Jets, see the Family, etc.

Looking at Lower Sideline, 3rd row.

Tell me, what would the game experience be like that close up? Worth it? Worth paying for?

In all my years, I've only been to Jets Games in the nosebleeds, and always down here (i.e. away games). I'm finally in a spot where I can afford to come see um' at home I think, but I'm looking for more info on the whole shebang, experience, drawbacks, things to watch out for, etc.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    just go to any of the stadium threads, plenty in there to soak up. Bottom line is you will have fun and enjoy the new digs...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I honestly think, at least from the outside it is very basic. If you look at other staidums built in the last ten years or so our pales by comparision. Iam in the building trades and I think the design architect used very little imagination. Kinda looks like a big freezer if you ask me. Not much different from the old Giant stadium. From the inside its great way better than the old one. Much bigger. I have only sat in the lowers you spend much less time waiting for bathrooms. Overall just okay.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously? 7 million threads about the new stadium on JI and you've never wandered into one? Even by accident?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I honestly think, at least from the outside it is very basic. If you look at other staidums built in the last ten years or so our pales by comparision. Iam in the building trades and I think the design architect used very little imagination. Kinda looks like a big freezer if you ask me. Not much different from the old Giant stadium. From the inside its great way better than the old one. Much bigger. I have only sat in the lowers you spend much less time waiting for bathrooms. Overall just okay.
    $1.6 billion freaking dollars.

Shorter lines for the head.

Check.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    $1.6 billion freaking dollars.

Shorter lines for the head.

Check.
    Nice addition as usual.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Thinking of StubHubbing some late-season tickets this year, checking out the new stadium, making a Christmastime trip to New York, see the Jets, see the Family, etc.

Tell me, what would the game experience be like that close up? Worth it? Worth paying for?

In all my years, I've only been to Jets Games in the nosebleeds, and always down here (i.e. away games). I'm finally in a spot where I can afford to come see um' at home I think, but I'm looking for more info on the whole shebang, experience, drawbacks, things to watch out for, etc.

How do you feel about Concrete?

-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's an impressive, modern structure with a bunch of mediocre players in the middle of it

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Nice addition as usual.
    From you as well.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

The only late season game around Christmastime is the Chargers at 8:20PM on Sunday 12/23. The Jets play 3 of the last 4 on the road, this is the only game that will work for you.

It's Week 16. We'll be 4-10 by then. Being a flex week, you should plan on it being moved to 4:00PM.

You'll be able to get VIP Coaches Club seats for under $200 to see the 4-10 Jets on a meaningless busy-day-before-Christmas eve if you wait and StubHub it on 12/20.

Ho ho ho.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 10-11-2012 at 12:58 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its a refurbished Giants stadium.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont expect basic facets of any modern stadium, like being able to see the field from the concourse.

The stadium will insult your intelligence by running ads on the jumbotrons such as "great deal on large soda: was $6.75 now $6.50!". I am not making this up.

The stadium will insult your sense of aesthetics by existing in the cold form of an unfinished concrete warehouse.

Oh, and you also get to see a rudderless, vapid team play for 60 minutes.

You sure you want to come visit? Money might be better spent elsewhere.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's designed to be a money maker stuck in the swamp with nothing around it or any reason for it to have character. I wouldn't spend more than $150 a pop to see anything, anywhere. Make sure you have a parking pass if driving, I you are going to eat and drink there bring money, beer, mixed drinks are $12. The bottom line is the team and crowd make the house. Great idea for Christmas.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't call yourself an Ińsider

30,000 odd posts and never been to a game? at home

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Higher row in LSL much better. say rows 24 and up. You can see all the action from a much better vantrage point. JMO.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Higher row in LSL much better. say rows 24 and up. You can see all the action from a much better vantrage point. JMO.
    Depends who he's going to be with and what are his priorities. Even serious football fans (which we all pretty much are here) enjoy feeling close to the action at times. If you've never been down low to a game, there's something to be said to being right on top of the action and getting an appreciation for how big the players are, what goes on on the sideline, etc. etc.

Going week in and week out like you do, I agree with you 100% - the better perspective is definitely 20 rows or so up. But for one time shot, especially if he's bringing his wife or other family members, maybe being close is the way to go. Just throwing it out there for comparison's sake.

And Fish, the Stadium is perfectly fine. Should we have gotten more for $1.6 billion? Absolutely. But that doesn't concern you - you're going to enjoy the game, not rate it against what might have been.

If you are going to go sit upstairs, the design is definitely frustrating as you need to take multiple escalators to get up there. If you are sitting downstairs, its not really an issue. There are certain amenties that the stadium has now that you probably won't take advantage of (I took my son to the punt/pass/kick field outside the main entrance - a lot of fun for him), but the experience you will have will largely depend on the Jets, not the Stadium. If they are doing well and in contention, it will be a great environment. If they are 4-10, it will be dour.

I would definitely try and get there early to tailgate - IMO its truly one of life's great pleasures. If you don't have the means to set one up yourself, I have no doubt that any number of JI members would open their proverbial doors to you. Or check out Tailgate Joe - he's always on here.

And as SAR suggests, the Chargers game is really you're only choice - and its unlikely to remain a night game (but stranger things have happened).

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Depends who he's going to be with and what are his priorities. Even serious football fans (which we all pretty much are here) enjoy feeling close to the action at times. If you've never been down low to a game, there's something to be said to being right on top of the action and getting an appreciation for how big the players are, what goes on on the sideline, etc. etc.

Going week in and week out like you do, I agree with you 100% - the better perspective is definitely 20 rows or so up. But for one time shot, especially if he's bringing his wife or other family members, maybe being close is the way to go. Just throwing it out there for comparison's sake.

And Fish, the Stadium is perfectly fine. Should we have gotten more for $1.6 billion? Absolutely. But that doesn't concern you - you're going to enjoy the game, not rate it against what might have been.

If you are going to go sit upstairs, the design is definitely frustrating as you need to take multiple escalators to get up there. If you are sitting downstairs, its not really an issue. There are certain amenties that the stadium has now that you probably won't take advantage of (I took my son to the punt/pass/kick field outside the main entrance - a lot of fun for him), but the experience you will have will largely depend on the Jets, not the Stadium. If they are doing well and in contention, it will be a great environment. If they are 4-10, it will be dour.

I would definitely try and get there early to tailgate - IMO its truly one of life's great pleasures. If you don't have the means to set one up yourself, I have no doubt that any number of JI members would open their proverbial doors to you. Or check out Tailgate Joe - he's always on here.

And as SAR suggests, the Chargers game is really you're only choice - and its unlikely to remain a night game (but stranger things have happened).
    I saw in row 24on the sidelines around the 25 yard line at the 49ers game and I thought the overall view was very good and you could see the game develop. Honestly around row 24 was perfect as I did not want to be any further back but moving a few rows closer just gave up perspective.

However, for going to only one game. Lower rows are better. However, lots of distractions down close with cheerleaders, cameras, opposing fans hyped up for their one game a year.

I think row 2 is best value in the down close section. You pay a big mark up for row one. But in row 2 you can hang out in row one before game and sit in seats and when and if person shows up just step over row back into your seat. Also folks in row one rarely stand so row 2 is good also you can hear players and cheerleaders and cameraman from row 2 just as well as row one.

Mondays game I was down low and Arian Foster came over to our side and I got to shake his hand. Granted he is on other team but pretty cool. If only going once a year go low. Plus Chargers has cheap tickets, just set a price alert in stubhub and grab the first cheap seats you see in the lower level for 1-4 rows.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You order your red robe yet?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    You order your red robe yet?
    I should order one.I was really pumped for Mondays game and me and five other guys were going nuts cheering Jets. Of course Jets could care less than out of blue Arian Foster who most likely say us cheering and being ignored by our own team came over and shook hands with all six of us and we were all in Jets gear. Kinda pissed me off as Jets should be the ones highfiving their own fans.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    I should order one.I was really pumped for Mondays game and me and five other guys were going nuts cheering Jets. Of course Jets could care less than out of blue Arian Foster who most likely say us cheering and being ignored by our own team came over and shook hands with all six of us and we were all in Jets gear. Kinda pissed me off as Jets should be the ones highfiving their own fans.
    Foster sounds like a cool guy. That was a nice gesture on his part.

As for the robe, ask JT if you can borrow his for sizing and style requirements.