Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Never Been to the New Stadium, Tell Me About it?

As far as the aesthetics go, it is a "modern retro" stadium built with grey concrete that pays homage to the many public structures of former Soviet Bloc countries in the 1970s and 1980s.

It's fun to sit that close at any stadium, you'll have a good time.

All Pro
    There's holy water at the end of every pew-I don't think you'd like it.

But if you do make it up, check out 16H

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Thinking of StubHubbing some late-season tickets this year, checking out the new stadium, making a Christmastime trip to New York, see the Jets, see the Family, etc.

Looking at Lower Sideline, 3rd row.

Tell me, what would the game experience be like that close up? Worth it? Worth paying for?

In all my years, I've only been to Jets Games in the nosebleeds, and always down here (i.e. away games). I'm finally in a spot where I can afford to come see um' at home I think, but I'm looking for more info on the whole shebang, experience, drawbacks, things to watch out for, etc.
    you should really schedule a meet and greet with sar i.

hes the know all do all of the new stadium. he will tell you were to sit and where and not to piss.

he also an expert on tailgating and hiding a bologna sandwich.

good luck enjoy the experience.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

How bad is it that Giants Stadium offered more character for Jets fans than the new, "neutral" stadium?

That being said, you should definitely go and experience a home game.

Quote Originally Posted by jetliner View Post
    30,000 odd posts and never been to a game? at home
    I was a little kid when I lived in NY. Moved away in 7th grade (and will never forgive my parents for it tbqh).

As such, while DC is sorta close, I don't get back to NY much, and for most of my life the investment fo a trip to NY and Jets Game was a little much. Being poor, it sucks.

Now, not so much.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Foster sounds like a cool guy. That was a nice gesture on his part.

As for the robe, ask JT if you can borrow his for sizing and style requirements.
    You don't want to touch that robe with Southside's peeny.....

Stadium is nothing to write home about but there is nothing like being in the 4th row behind the jets bench. We are only on the 20 but when the action is in front of you it's nothing HD or 3d will ever replicate. Do it!

Veteran
    Do not boo the home team or Gastineau will kick your ass.

Thumbs up

Warfy,
    Here is the Baddniss Bible for the new stadium:

1. Only 2 sections to sit in, pay the extra bucks for #139 or #113.
    2. Rows 10-24 are the place to be.
    3. Go to Flaggie's Lot 11 BBQ before the game (since 15-H is RIP).
    4. Now you will enjoy the game.

A complete waste of money. Go to FedEx Stadium, it's pretty much the same.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    A complete waste of money. Go to FedEx Stadium, it's pretty much the same.
    Except he'll b e in NY and is looking to see the Jets, not the Skins......

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Stadium is nothing to write home about but there is nothing like being in the 4th row behind the jets bench. We are only on the 20 but when the action is in front of you it's nothing HD or 3d will ever replicate. Do it!
    LSL on either side close up is great. I noticed camera truck likes to sit around 50 yard line and goal line a lot and between 5 and 40 yard line they usually never block your view. Also field curves closer between goal line and 30 yard line so you are closer to field and you are near players but they are not right in front of you.

Little trivia. LGL seats in the half closest to goal line where they have the metal removable seats in the first 4 rows those seats are the closest to the field of any seats in the NFL. If you look closely at goal line row one in the meadowlands there is not even room for cheerleaders or players or anyone to really stand, you are two close to the wall and field to get out of the way.

At Monday nights Texans game a guy leaning forward and standing in row one section 143 near section 144 around two yard line actually had ball hit draft beer he was holding and fall back onto field. Ref had to replace ball as it had beer on it. Some players initially complained they should have not added in those rows 1-4 seats in the four corners. All of LL Touchdown corner first four rows are metal chairs. Orginally there was a debate whether to put seats that close.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I'm finally in a spot where I can afford to come see um' at home.
    1%er.