Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do we look for in FA and Draft after the season?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing we do matters unless we fix the QB position. Picking up a Franchise QB takes most teams a decade of trying. We had a good one in Pennington but his arm didn't hold up. I suspect Sanchez will be released or traded for next to nothing and we start rebuilding the roster from there. Players like Pace, Scott, Moore will be released. Not sure what we do with the rest of the roster as it looks like the only serious cut that we can make that will give us serious cap relief is Pace and Scott. From my math that equates to some 12m in Cap savings. Looks like 2013 will be a tougher year than 2012 for the NYJ's.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    how about this, bring in someone in the front office that can judge football talent and let's start building this team correctly.
    +100000

By drafting better (and keeping the picks to develop) we won't be forced to over pay free agents to come here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    how about this, bring in someone in the front office that can judge football talent and let's start building this team correctly.
    +10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    My bet is we keep Sanchez next year, draft some linebackers and then in 2014 draft a QB and RB

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    Right now no starting LG, RG, RT, TE, RB, SS, FS, 3 highly overpaid LBs, Sanchez and negative $20M of cap space.
    This. We are in a world of hurt. All of these positions need immediate attention. Throw in the fact that Revis will be kicking for his contract real soon.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The jets should address the Oline and Safety in the draft.

I would stay away from LB until it is clear whether the team will go more 3-4 or 4-3. The skill sets for the olb in each scheme is tough to switch back and forth.

I would pursue a Erin Henderson/Leroy Hill type olb, somebody that can cover a little and plays both strong and weak.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GREEN VEHICLE View Post
    I agree we need oline help too but you can't
    win the superbowl in todays nfl without a great
    QB.
    That's funny, because the 3 biggest contenders this year don't have elite QB's. Meh, actually Houston is debatable

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    That's funny, because the 3 biggest contenders this year don't have elite QB's. Meh, actually Houston is debatable
    Schaub, Ryan and Smith are all playing at Elite levels.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stephen Jackson

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever we can get, preferably as little resemblance to this year's squad as possible.