Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL.com: "Mark Sanchez is on his way out as New York Jets quarterback"

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    I believe the QB controversy forecasted when they signed Tebow to the Jets is about on schedule.

Many prognostigators saw this coming.

Tebow probably will start after the bye week.
    And it was all based on Sanchez sucking... Which he has. For the most part anyway.

The QB controversy foretasted was no big deal either way. If Sanchez was good enough, it wouldn't have been a big deal. If he wasn't good enough, our season is going nowhere anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post

Sanchez really needs to make a serious jump in performance to stay around for next year.
    No he doesn't. Since it will cost more to cut him than keep him, Sanchez will be here next year regardless of how poorly he performs.

Its unreal that the Jets will have 25 million of their 2013 cap dedicated to paying Sanchez and Harris.

Jets Insider VIP
    Best article of the season

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    EAD Schein. God I can't wait for Sanchez to shut some people up on Sunday
    Under 50% completion for the last month... we've ALL been waiting for Sanchez to shut people up. It just hasnt happened, week after week.

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    EAD Schein. God I can't wait for Sanchez to shut some people up on Sunday
    QFT.

I have never dispised and deliberately tried to avoid anything the way I have the landing strip, NY Media, and ESPN over the last 10 months.

All Pro
    I believe the QB controversy forecasted when they signed Tebow to the Jets is about on schedule.

That's how I see it . The Jets would have the bye-week to prepare for Tebow time, all the time with #15 as the starter.

However, it could happen sooner- especially if Sanchez plays poorly this week. Unless Sanchez plays great against the Colts, I could see Tebow finishing the game.
    Last edited by mrcoops; 10-11-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Whats the point in waiting that long? You either switch to tebow now or let sanchez play out the season.

There is no sense in bringing tebow in when we are 2-5. We dont need to finish the season 6-10. Thats no mans land in the draft.

Let Sanchez finish this thing and lets get the #1 pick in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    QFT.

I have never dispised and deliberately tried to avoid anything the way I have the landing strip, NY Media, and ESPN over the last 10 months.
    Head in the sand ostrich fandom is common, don't feel bad. At least out of this world optimists like Ray Ray and sg3 usually keep coming back to take their lumps and keep forecasting glory.

The Jets are a cluster F going in the wrong direction, better to blast them like they deserve than to pretend a problem does not exist.

ESPN has their pitchforks out screaming for Tebow already, if Sanchez plays poorly against the Colts, ESPN will be camped outside Rex's home and start a national protest until Tebow is inserted as the starter. This is what Tanny traded a 4th round pick for - what a great GM!

You can only watch out of morbid curiosity at this point....

I'm guessing Schein wrote this before Rex had his press conference today. Rex was laughing about how his "this week" comments from yesterday had blown up.

He looked down at his watch and said (paraphrase) "Let me check, yep, Sanchez is our starting quarterback."

Skip Bayless was all pissed off this morning because, apparently, Tebow didn't take any snaps at practice yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I'm guessing Schein wrote this before Rex had his press conference today. Rex was laughing about how his "this week" comments from yesterday had blown up.

He looked down at his watch and said (paraphrase) "Let me check, yep, Sanchez is our starting quarterback."

Skip Bayless was all pissed off this morning because, apparently, Tebow didn't take any snaps at practice yesterday.
    Rex can hold the media off for now, but a couple more bad performances from Sanchez and he may not be able to anymore. ESPN's Tebow agenda is off the charts, the guy gets them ratings, and their entire TV, radio network, and broadcast capabilities are working towards full steam "put in Tebow" campaigns. The pressure will eventually be too much for Rex to bear if Sanchez keeps playing poorly. This should have been evidence to Tanny, Woody, or anyone else prior to trading for Tebow, but I think even they underestimated the monster they've created. Although wait, Woody wants Tebow, I almost forgot....

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    That right there. THAT gets people thinking. Arod got benched and it basically turned a loss into a win in the span of an hour.

Listen, I don't think Sanchez is very good, but I think he's good enough to be a starting QB and win games in the NFL. That said, there's something for lighting a spark under a team.
    Yeah, that happened yesterday. But what about all the years prior, did Girardi make similar tough decisions?

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Be careful what you wish for.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Not quite sure what everyone is expecting with the team decimated by injuries

Nevertheless, Sanchez will be around for another year...and to tell you the truth, I have no real hope for the season, so why not just get a better pick next year

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    All you have to do is copy and paste that last sentence. I'm sure you have used it before, I'm sure you are going to use it again. Some of you chaps are much like the Jets front office and coaching staff and would rather go down in flames over a crappy player than admit you were wrong about a guy.

Not one thing in that article was wrong.
    I'm not an Adan Schein fan but tha article was dead on.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Both of our QBs suck. Our OC sucks. Our entire offense sucks.

Move Cro to QB.
    That way Cro can throw to Cro! He is the best player on offense

Veteran
    I dont know.

I like mark, he has shown flashes that he could be our guy, but he has also demonstrated on a much more consistant basis, that he is inaccurate and mentally soft.

Everyone likes to get on the coaching staff for coddling him... perhaps the truth is that he NEEDS to be coddled.

IMO this article was unbiased and a pretty good summary of the situation.

Jets Insider VIP
    Let's get real here. Regardless of whether you believe in extenuating circumstances, production wise, Sanchez 100% deserves to be benched.

He's playing like the worst starting QB in the NFL. That's on him. If he plays better is starting job wouldn't be in jeapordy.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Yep I agree suckchez is running out of excuses in the real nfl only in jets fantasy land do people think he should still start.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Be careful what you wish for.
    Why?

Any rational fan should be able to tell that this team isn't contending for the playoffs this year, much less the Superbowl.

It's becoming painfully obvious that Sanchez isn't the guy, no matter how much some fans want to cling to those two AFC Championship games.

So I say turn the page on the Sanchez era, start Tebow for the rest of the year, and draft another QB in April.