Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL.com: "Mark Sanchez is on his way out as New York Jets quarterback"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    Another Sanchez loser! you people make me sick you'll never win anything!
    Your statement makes zero sense. "You'll never win anything!"???? Who won't win anything? The posters? I didn't know posters played on the Jets. And what exactly have you won or what do you think YOU will win?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    If Sanchez read this headline, he'd probably be the happiest guy in the locker room.

Let anyone try and win with the garbage he is surrounded yet.

He may be garbage too. But he has at least shown flashes of ability.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Both of our QBs suck. Our OC sucks. Our entire offense sucks.

Move Cro to QB.
    hmmm. interesting.

Is it weird that i took the time to imagine it?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sick of this....from memory so may be a bit off but....

Richard Todd stinks so we all rally around Matt robinson...who stinks so back to Todd...who stinks so fans want the new draft pick Ken O'Brien....up and down for a few years...no OL but eventually falls apart so its onto a new draft pick hopeful Browning Nagle...who light it up his 1st game then stinks doesnt even make it a year....in comes hometown homer Boomer...who proceeds to stink....go spend huge $ on Super Bowl QB Neil O'Donnel...looks like a shell of what he was on Pitt....fans want to give the kid Foley a chance....nice start but injury prone...Vinny takes the ball and has a nice run....falls off a cliff few yrs later after injury so we clamor for Chad....Chad looks great early but shoulder injuries cause fans to clamor to replace him....enter HOF Favre who lights it up the 1st few games then tanks down the stretch....Favre must go...trade up for the kid savior from USC...starts with 2 AFC CGs....then completely in the tank....clamor for new QB.....

Its the same song for the Jets....they will NEVER win it all until they find a franchise QB. Sanchez is not it...time to move on I guess but it makes me ill.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Put Tebow on the Pats, while his numbers would be better given the better receivers he ultimately would handicap any offense whether it be poor, mediocre or prolific.

let's be realistic here, other than gronk, the pats talent level is no better than the jets. edelman = kurley welker = santonio woodhead = mcknight
    their line has been decimated this year too.

difference is, the pats have brady. put sanchez on the pats and your team is worse off than the jets.

put brady on this jets team and they win 12 games easily.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by townsell83 View Post
    let's be realistic here, other than gronk, the pats talent level is no better than the jets. edelman = kurley welker = santonio woodhead = mcknight
    their line has been decimated this year too.

difference is, the pats have brady. put sanchez on the pats and your team is worse off than the jets.

put brady on this jets team and they win 12 games easily.
    What the WHAT? Brandon Loyd? Stevan Ridley? Aaron Hernandez? Are you out of your mind???

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    What the WHAT? Brandon Loyd? Stevan Ridley? Aaron Hernandez? Are you out of your mind???
    i'll give you that loyd is better than stephen hill. but, hernandez = keller.
    as for ridley, the only reason he is running all over the place is because defenses are focused purely on stopping brady. when the pats try to run, opposing defenses aren't prepared for it.

as i said, put sanchez on the pats, and the running game will be stopped in it's tracks. once defenses gear up for the pats run, ridley will make blair thomas look like walter payton.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    EAD Schein. God I can't wait for Sanchez to shut some people up on Sunday
    Why? He's spot on.

In the words of Colonel Nathan R. Jessep, "You can't handle the truth!"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    as for ridley, the only reason he is running all over the place is because defenses are focused purely on stopping brady. when the pats try to run, opposing defenses aren't prepared for it.

as i said, put sanchez on the pats, and the running game will be stopped in it's tracks. once defenses gear up for the pats run, ridley will make blair thomas look like walter payton.
    Hernandez=Keller? Are you nuts? Teams have to game plan around Hernandez because he's so versatile. No one is game planning around a one-dimensional Keller.

And in case you haven't noticed. The Pat's new found running game is much more than just Ridley. And that's WITHOUT Hernandez last week who can also line up as an H-back. Pats have 4 players who are better rbs than the Jet's #1 in Greene.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Lasts 4 games, 3 Tds - 5 int's, 3 fumbles
    37%, 46.7%, 44.8%, 45.2%
    Including 138 yards and 103 yards in 2 games....

Enough said.
    This is why Sanchez deserves to be benched. This is the worst stretch of his career and he's playing like the worst QB in the NFL.

I'm not saying Tebow should replace him, but that IF Sanchez gets benched he has NO ONE but himself to blame.

Even with crappy running game and bad receivers, he should be completing way more than 48% of his passes. This is JaMarcus Russell territory.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Hernandez=Keller? Are you nuts? Teams have to game plan around Hernandez because he's so versatile. No one is game planning around a one-dimensional Keller.

And in case you haven't noticed. The Pat's new found running game is much more than just Ridley. And that's WITHOUT Hernandez last week who can also line up as an H-back. Pats have 4 players who are better rbs than the Jet's #1 in Greene.
    Listen, i know that pats fans think that they have all-pros at every position, but that is not the case. put keller on the pats and he is just as good as hernandez.

everytime a WR or other "all pro" offensive player leaves the pats, they suck on other teams. (deion branch anyone?)

my point is, great QB's like brady will make the players around them great. without brady, the pats are just as crappy as the jets.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow stinks, too. But the only means of flushing this virus of twin inept QB's is to hopefully see Sanchez sat, see Tebow stink, both run out of town, and a new GM brought in to actually make this team watchable.

And this was even before injuries. Who the hell was excited about this roster?

Not me here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    If Sanchez read this headline, he'd probably be the happiest guy in the locker room.

Let anyone try and win with the garbage he is surrounded yet.

He may be garbage too. But he has at least shown flashes of ability.
    I think of all the statements people make protecting Sanchez that's the one that really drives me crazy..

He was drafted number 5 overall in the NFL - and has played 4 years. Of course he shows flashes, he has an immense amount of natural talent. But after 4 years flashes aren't enough!!!!

If he hasn't evolved past the "flashes" stage yet then he never will.
    Last edited by fidelioion; 10-12-2012 at 11:24 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Hernandez is better with a higher per play positive potential than Keller. He also brings more to the table on a per play basis.

Your Ridley observation may have some merit if it weren't for 5 to 6 years of rushing ineptitude preceding his emergence. Brady's been lighting the world on fire since Dillon left, and opposing Ds have done nothing but prepare for Brady's pass attack, yet this is the first true rushing attack they've put together in that stretch. Gotta give this to Ridley as well.

Plus, we have the absolute worst starting RB in the league, and there are even backups who are better than Greene.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post

Other than Revis, is there a player on the Jets who is better than his counterpart on your beloved team? (Assuming you even think Revis is better).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Listen, i know that pats fans think that they have all-pros at every position, but that is not the case. put keller on the pats and he is just as good as hernandez.

everytime a WR or other "all pro" offensive player leaves the pats, they suck on other teams. (deion branch anyone?)

my point is, great QB's like brady will make the players around them great. without brady, the pats are just as crappy as the jets.

I get this point and think we can all agree on that, but you take your examples to too far of an extreme and it discredits your argument. Brady couldn't make Ocho look great. He couldn't make Chad Jackson look great. He couldn't make a lot of JAGs who can come through there look great. Guys like Ridley and Hernandez are legitimately talented. They look even better with Brady, but to say they are "crappy" without Brady swings the pendulum too far in the opposite direction.

You also can't discount Belichick/McDaniels vs. Rex/Sparano. The former are light years ahead in terms of offensive coaching ability.

Also your whole argument doesn't fly well with the Sanchez fans, who have been chirping all week that Sanchez has the worst group of offensive skill players of all time. If Pats skill players = Jets skill players, then Sanchez is truly awful and should be benched immediately.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 10-12-2012 at 11:31 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Other than Revis, is there a player on the Jets who is better than his counterpart on your beloved team? (Assuming you even think Revis is better).

Yeah, Cromartie and Mangold. I'd only take Woodson and Revis over Cro at this point after the smackdown he layed on AJ and Mangold's the best center in football.

Other than that, I'd take a lot of guys at nearly every other position.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=w0mbat;4641932]No he doesn't. Since it will cost more to cut him than keep him, Sanchez will be here next year regardless of how poorly he performs.

Its unreal that the Jets will have 25 million of their 2013 cap dedicated to paying Sanchez and Harris.[/QUOTE]

please show harris the door also..talk about overrated!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Yeah, Cromartie and Mangold. I'd only take Woodson and Revis over Cro at this point after the smackdown he layed on AJ and Mangold's the best center in football.

Other than that, I'd take a lot of guys at nearly every other position.
    Okay. But my question was directed at a specific poster.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Mangold, that's about it.