Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 177

Thread: NFL.com: "Mark Sanchez is on his way out as New York Jets quarterback"

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Rex can hold the media off for now, but a couple more bad performances from Sanchez and he may not be able to anymore. ESPN's Tebow agenda is off the charts, the guy gets them ratings, and their entire TV, radio network, and broadcast capabilities are working towards full steam "put in Tebow" campaigns. The pressure will eventually be too much for Rex to bear if Sanchez keeps playing poorly. This should have been evidence to Tanny, Woody, or anyone else prior to trading for Tebow, but I think even they underestimated the monster they've created. Although wait, Woody wants Tebow, I almost forgot....
    This +1111111111. Tebow is about ratings, and every media punk and his/her mother is going to push for him to start. People want to make money off Tebow. It will happen whether we like it or not.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Come on Fish, are you really comparing a role player to a TE?
    I'm saying two things:

    1. Keller is very talented as a reciever.

    2. Bellichek would, in fact, sign Keller in a heartbeat if he were freely available, and use him in a way that maximized his talent.

    If Belliehck rolled out a Three-TE Recieving Package with BRady at QB, I guarantee, it would work. And probably work very well tbqh.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Yeah, this is really just wrong on every level, but you're committed to the Pats organization completely sucking from top to bottom outside of Brady, so I will leave you with that fantasy.

    You should spread your message to the rest of your JI brethren, who think Sanchez is a good quarterback hampered by bad coaching and surrounding talent. You think the opposite.

    i don't think the jets have great talent, but i also don't think they are as bad as some in the media (and pats fans) are making them out to be.


    as for my statements about your coaching staff, i was merely offering fact. without tom brady, bellichick has a losing record as a head coach. the same goes for mcdaniels.

    these are facts, not opinions. please show me where i'm wrong.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I'm saying two things:

    1. Keller is very talented as a reciever.

    2. Bellichek would, in fact, sign Keller in a heartbeat if he were freely available, and use him in a way that maximized his talent.

    If Belliehck rolled out a Three-TE Recieving Package with BRady at QB, I guarantee, it would work. And probably work very well tbqh.
    +1 nicely done

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I'm saying two things:

    1. Keller is very talented as a reciever.

    2. Bellichek would, in fact, sign Keller in a heartbeat if he were freely available, and use him in a way that maximized his talent.

    If Belliehck rolled out a Three-TE Recieving Package with BRady at QB, I guarantee, it would work. And probably work very well tbqh.
    You're missing my point.

    First off, Keller is a decent receiver, but he can't block worth a lick.

    Neither can Hernandez.

    I'm sure BB could roll-out a 3-TE receiving set and it would work, but BB also puts a huge premium on the blocking ability of his TE's.

    I just don't think he would ever carry 3 TE's including 2 who can't block.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I just don't think he would ever carry 3 TE's including 2 who can't block.
    Then we agree to disagree.

    I don't think he'd overpay to get a third TE/Reciever, no.

    But if the opportunity presented itself, and the price was acceptable, he'd do it in a heartbeat, world-class blocker or not. Bellichek has proven he can be both unconventional, and a good utilizer of talent in unusual ways, in the course of his time in NE.

    A Triple-TE Set, with tiny little CB's expected to cover a trip of big, strong TE's who can really run anad catch, is exactly the kind of scheme I'd see Bellichek throing out there, and winning with.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Okay. But my question was directed at a specific poster.
    Same answer here. Mangold and Cro. OK, maybe Tebow as the punt protector.

    Now, your turn.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by townsell83 View Post
    i don't think the jets have great talent, but i also don't think they are as bad as some in the media (and pats fans) are making them out to be.


    as for my statements about your coaching staff, i was merely offering fact. without tom brady, bellichick has a losing record as a head coach. the same goes for mcdaniels.

    these are facts, not opinions. please show me where i'm wrong.
    I don't think the Jets have awful talent, either. Try telling that to some of the others on this board who think Sanchez has below-JAGs to work with. I disagree with them.

    You're comparing Belichick now to over 13 years ago. It's safe to say he may have improved or changed as a coach? If Rex is "learning" then surely Belichick can learn? Refer to the Pats' no huddle thread to an example of Belichick picking Chip Kelly's brain for ideas about running an offense. He picks Nick Saban's brain every year for guys to draft out of the Alabama defense. Always learning, always trying to improve no matter how successful, because the NFL changes week to week.

    The Jets have some very good playmakers. The Pats, however, also have some very good, extremely talented playmakers that would also succeed without Brady. I'm sure if the Pats drafted Megatron you'd say he's a JAG if not for Brady.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 10-12-2012 at 01:27 PM.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Then we agree to disagree.

    I don't think he'd overpay to get a third TE/Reciever, no.

    But if the opportunity presented itself, and the price was acceptable, he'd do it in a heartbeat, world-class blocker or not. Bellichek has proven he can be both unconventional, and a good utilizer of talent in unusual ways, in the course of his time in NE.

    A Triple-TE Set, with tiny little CB's expected to cover a trip of big, strong TE's who can really run anad catch, is exactly the kind of scheme I'd see Bellichek throing out there, and winning with.
    You'll see that this season with Gronk, Hernandez, and Fells.

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by townsell83 View Post

    as for my statements about your coaching staff, i was merely offering fact. without tom brady, bellichick has a losing record as a head coach. the same goes for mcdaniels.

    What's Walsh's record without Montana?

    Or Noll's record without Bradshaw?

    Or Landry's record without Staubauch?

    Dumb arguement.

  11. #131
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Same answer here. Mangold and Cro. OK, maybe Tebow as the punt protector.

    Now, your turn.
    Who's your KO return man?

    Oh and I guess your entire 30th ranked secondary is better than the Jets 8th ranked secondary?

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Then we agree to disagree.

    I don't think he'd overpay to get a third TE/Reciever, no.

    But if the opportunity presented itself, and the price was acceptable, he'd do it in a heartbeat, world-class blocker or not. Bellichek has proven he can be both unconventional, and a good utilizer of talent in unusual ways, in the course of his time in NE.

    A Triple-TE Set, with tiny little CB's expected to cover a trip of big, strong TE's who can really run anad catch, is exactly the kind of scheme I'd see Bellichek throing out there, and winning with.

    Pats brought in Shiancoe and Winslow... if Keller were on the market you could be damn sure Belichick is bringing him in. Keller wouldn't be starting if Hernandez is healthy, but ****, Keller would be a great asset for the Pats.


    And by on the market, I mean, available for cheap. It would make no sense for them to pay him what he's likely to be looking for on the open market. I was thinking mostly in a vacuum. Remember they have Ballard under contract.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 10-12-2012 at 01:38 PM.

  13. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Oh and I guess your entire 30th ranked secondary is better than the Jets 8th ranked secondary?
    How's that 31st ranked run defense working out for you?

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Who's your KO return man?

    Oh and I guess your entire 30th ranked secondary is better than the Jets 8th ranked secondary?

    The Pats don't have one guy who is just a kick off return specialist. That's because the coach believes it's better for the team to have players that, although they may not be All-Pro at a given position, have more versatility to do more than one thing. Like returning kicks.

    As to the secondary, in your hypothetical, Revis was off the table (obvious choice) and I took Cro. What do you think your ranking would be without those two? The rest of your secondary? Keep 'em.

    There you go Jordy. I've played your little game. Your turn. Other than Brady, who would you take on the Pats? (And you can take coaches too while you're at it. You could use a few)

  15. #135
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    How's that 31st ranked run defense working out for you?
    What does that have to do with identifying players on your team who may not be as good as players on the Jets?

  16. #136
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    The Pats don't have one guy who is just a kick off return specialist. That's because the coach believes it's better for the team to have players that, although they may not be All-Pro at a given position, have more versatility to do more than one thing. Like returning kicks.

    As to the secondary, in your hypothetical, Revis was off the table (obvious choice) and I took Cro. What do you think your ranking would be without those two? The rest of your secondary? Keep 'em.

    There you go Jordy. I've played your little game. Your turn. Other than Brady, who would you take on the Pats? (And you can take coaches too while you're at it. You could use a few)
    Revis has missed 3 1/2 games and the Jets secondary is still pretty good. So maybe our safeties are also better?

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Revis has missed 3 1/2 games and the Jets secondary is still pretty good. So maybe our safeties are also better?
    Maybe. But Bell is old and Landry hasn't yet proven he can last through a full season. He may this year, but we're only 5 games in.

    So again. Your turn. Who do you take on the Pats other than Brady?

  18. #138
    Bueller??? Jordy??? Bueller???? Jordy???????

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    What's Walsh's record without Montana?

    Or Noll's record without Bradshaw?

    Or Landry's record without Staubauch?

    Dumb arguement.
    why is it a dumb argument? i believe that tom brady has alot more to do with the pats success than bill bellichick. i believe that almost every coach in the league would be successful with tom brady as their QB.

    the NFL has evolved to the point where teams without a top 10 QB have little to no chance to make a real run for the championship. defenses can't even breathe on a reciever without drawing a flag.

    the salary cap means almost nothing today. what really counts in today's NFL is who has the best QB.

  20. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by townsell83 View Post
    why is it a dumb argument? i believe that tom brady has alot more to do with the pats success than bill bellichick. i believe that almost every coach in the league would be successful with tom brady as their QB.
    Belichick drafted Brady, developed Brady and built a team around Brady.

    If it was that easy, why don't more HC's do that?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us