Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: NFL.com: "Mark Sanchez is on his way out as New York Jets quarterback"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by townsell83 View Post
    why is it a dumb argument? i believe that tom brady has alot more to do with the pats success than bill bellichick. i believe that almost every coach in the league would be successful with tom brady as their QB.

the NFL has evolved to the point where teams without a top 10 QB have little to no chance to make a real run for the championship. defenses can't even breathe on a reciever without drawing a flag.

the salary cap means almost nothing today. what really counts in today's NFL is who has the best QB.

What do you think Belichick has been doing all these years?

Regardless, this analysis is lacking in football knowledge and entirely simplistic.. it riles up us Pats fans, though, but it has nothing to do with the Jets and their actual problems.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 10-12-2012 at 03:07 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    +

=

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Belichick drafted Brady, developed Brady and built a team around Brady.

If it was that easy, why don't more HC's do that?
    Belichick hit the lottery in getting Brady. If he had any inkling of Brady's potential the Pats wouldn't have waited until the 6th round.

Brady would have been a great QB regardless of who drafted him.

Why didn't Belichick simply develop Rohan Davey, Michael Bishop, Kevin O'Connell, Brian (aka Matt) Hoyer, and Mat Gutierrez into great QB's as well?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    All you have to do is copy and paste that last sentence. I'm sure you have used it before, I'm sure you are going to use it again. Some of you chaps are much like the Jets front office and coaching staff and would rather go down in flames over a crappy player than admit you were wrong about a guy.

Not one thing in that article was wrong.
    Show me a better option. Tebow is not better. He's not a quarterback. He's called one, but he has no QB skills whatsoever. Find a better qb and I'm fine with replacing Sanchez. Right now, Sanchez gives the Jets the best chance to win.
    I'm beginning to think more and more that NYC area fans are some of the absolute worst. Giants fans wanted to run Eli out of town, and now Jets fans want to run Sanchez out. Find a better option and stop crying for the useless backup to replace Sanchez.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombo View Post
    Right now, Sanchez gives the Jets the best chance to win.
    Does he though? Sanchez is a turnover machine. I think he's lost more games for the Jets than he has won.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    Belichick hit the lottery in getting Brady. If he had any inkling of Brady's potential the Pats wouldn't have waited until the 6th round.

Brady would have been a great QB regardless of who drafted him.

Why didn't Belichick simply develop Rohan Davey, Michael Bishop, Kevin O'Connell, Brian (aka Matt) Hoyer, and Mat Gutierrez into great QB's as well?

Again, this just completely ignores the way the coaching staff developed Brady and altered the offense multiple times given his options.

Zero credit to the coaching staff. Zero credit to the coaches who have observed Brady over the past decade and developed a system that has led to yet another #1 NFL offense.

If coaching is that useless, then the Jets need to fire Rex, Tanny, and everyone in between and draft a blue chip QB and let him be awesome all by himself, because that's what some Jet fans think is happening in Foxboro.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brady is so good that we've forgotten (or decided to forget) that there's a professional football organization revolving around him.

Just plug in 52 JAGs and Brady. That's all they need.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If your knowledge of football extends to down and distance and run or pass, then it's pretty easy to say BB isn't a good coach. For anyone who actually understands what is happening strategy wise, knows he's a great coach.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Again, this just completely ignores the way the coaching staff developed Brady and altered the offense multiple times given his options.

Zero credit to the coaching staff. Zero credit to the coaches who have observed Brady over the past decade and developed a system that has led to yet another #1 NFL offense.

If coaching is that useless, then the Jets need to fire Rex, Tanny, and everyone in between and draft a blue chip QB and let him be awesome all by himself, because that's what some Jet fans think is happening in Foxboro.
    Good post.

As much as it pains me to think about, the Pats are a well-run organization from top to bottom. I think people are delusional if they believe coaching has nothing to do with success in the NFL.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup... I hate the Pats with all my heart, but there's no denying that BB and the rest of their coaches have done a great job drafting and acquiring talent as well as game planning and innovating around Brady and what his strengths are.

Rex/Sporano/Tanny are complete scrubs in comparison. They can't adjust from "their plan" or game plan around strengths and weaknesses for S h i t! Case in point, Shonne Greene is still our starting RB, Joe McKnight get 1 touch a game on offense, our QB's only get 8-12 reps passing the ball in preseason/practices WTF is that????

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    We all know Sanchez is done as qb. Some wont admit it, but deep down everyone knows hes done.

But, keep him in as he is the best chance we have to end up 2-14 and draft a qb with the #1 pick.
    I hate this. I hate the idea that some Jets fans are actually wanting to chuck the season for a draft pick. I've been a Jets forum lurker for a long time, and don't want to come on too strong my first post, but WTF.

1. We can still make the play offs this season. If we do that, anything can happen. We can play the best team in the AFC and they can fumble seven times in a single game. We need to make the play offs.

2. Have the Patriots ever had to tank a season to remain contenders every year? That's a rhetorical question.

Sanchez needs to go! The guy sucks. If I had to sum him up in one word "LOSER" is the one I would use if I wanted to be as accurate as possible.

He's a great loser. No passion. No accountability.
    I've actually seen Jets fans worry that benching him might really hurt his feelings. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Since when was Sanchez' feelings the most important part of a football season?

I really don't care if he loses it and becomes some strange street wanderer after getting benched. That isn't any of my business. I only care about making the play offs.

I'm really starting to wonder if its possible that Sanchez may be the WORST Quarterback in the AFC East, which is pretty astonishing.

I'm sorry. I know some people will hate this, but it's Tebow Time. Put the kid in. He wants to play. He wants to win. I don't think Sanchez wants to do either. I just think Sanchez doesn't want to get humbled. Thats the only motivation I see in Sanchez.

I just can't believe there's so many of us willing to settle for this crap. Every time Sanchez takes the field as our starter from here on out i'll feel INSULTED as a Jets fan. As far as I'm concerned, if we start him all season, and defend him all season, we deserve to be losers.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I hate this. I hate the idea that some Jets fans are actually wanting to chuck the season for a draft pick. I've been a Jets forum lurker for a long time, and don't want to come on too strong my first post, but WTF.

1. We can still make the play offs this season. If we do that, anything can happen. We can play the best team in the AFC and they can fumble seven times in a single game. We need to make the play offs.

2. Have the Patriots ever had to tank a season to remain contenders every year? That's a rhetorical question.

Sanchez needs to go! The guy sucks. If I had to sum him up in one word "LOSER" is the one I would use if I wanted to be as accurate as possible.

He's a great loser. No passion. No accountability.
    I've actually seen Jets fans worry that benching him might really hurt his feelings. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Since when was Sanchez' feelings the most important part of a football season?

I really don't care if he loses it and becomes some strange street wanderer after getting benched. That isn't any of my business. I only care about making the play offs.

I'm really starting to wonder if its possible that Sanchez may be the WORST Quarterback in the AFC East, which is pretty astonishing.

I'm sorry. I know some people will hate this, but it's Tebow Time. Put the kid in. He wants to play. He wants to win. I don't think Sanchez wants to do either. I just think Sanchez doesn't want to get humbled. Thats the only motivation I see in Sanchez.

I just can't believe there's so many of us willing to settle for this crap. Every time Sanchez takes the field as our starter from here on out i'll feel INSULTED as a Jets fan. As far as I'm concerned, if we start him all season, and defend him all season, we deserve to be losers.
    I'm really starting to wish that they would start Tebow next week vs New England so geniuses like you can finally learn what the word "suck" really means. Nice first post though

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    Yup... I hate the Pats with all my heart, but there's no denying that BB and the rest of their coaches have done a great job drafting and acquiring talent as well as game planning and innovating around Brady and what his strengths are.

Rex/Sporano/Tanny are complete scrubs in comparison. They can't adjust from "their plan" or game plan around strengths and weaknesses for S h i t! Case in point, Shonne Greene is still our starting RB, Joe McKnight get 1 touch a game on offense, our QB's only get 8-12 reps passing the ball in preseason/practices WTF is that????
    Amen!
    It's time for all these people to go. I wouldn't care if Rex stayed on as our defensive coordinator but I don't think his ego would survive the demotion.

The only thing Rex has brought to the Jets is his big fat mouth and the circus.

What infuriates me though is that I know that won't happen. I see it all the time in the NFL. The signs are everywhere that a serious change is needed and the HC who should be gone is given one more chance, and one more after that, and we'll need to hit rock bottom twice over until we get the change we need.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    I'm really starting to wish that they would start Tebow next week vs New England so geniuses like you can finally learn what the word "suck" really means. Nice first post though
    NE is a loss. I don't care who we start at quarterback.
    We should start Tebow though. We should do it this week, if not give him a LOT more play time.

I just don't understand all the Tebow hate.

Name him our starting quarterback, give him all the snaps in practice, bring people in to help him improve his throwing (he had a great dropped pass last week!) and you never know, next season maybe we'll have a much more durable, stronger, more powerful version of Michael Vick who actually doesn't turn the ball over. Build a strong defense and get some offensive options and that might turn into something.

That might be theoretical or hypothetical or whatever, but there's nothing to speculate over ith Sanchez. THE GUY SUCKS!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow is also a WAY better option against NE.
    With our swiss cheese offensive line, you can guarantee Wilfork is going to fold our pockets up like a wet paper bag every down. Jones is going to be all over our quarterback. NE's defense is very good at getting turn overs even when the opposing quarterback has a little time to throw. Our quarterback is going to be on the run the entire game. If we start Sanchez versus NE it will be worse than 45-3.

At least Tebow has a chance against the kind of pressure they're going to bring.
    If Sanchez starts I wouldnt be surprised if we see 3 picks and 2 or 3 Sanchez fumbles.

It's Tebow Time. I don't see how everyone can't see that by now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Tebow is also a WAY better option against NE.
    With our swiss cheese offensive line, you can guarantee Wilfork is going to fold our pockets up like a wet paper bag every down. Jones is going to be all over our quarterback. NE's defense is very good at getting turn overs even when the opposing quarterback has a little time to throw. Our quarterback is going to be on the run the entire game. If we start Sanchez versus NE it will be worse than 45-3.

At least Tebow has a chance against the kind of pressure they're going to bring.
    If Sanchez starts I wouldnt be surprised if we see 3 picks and 2 or 3 Sanchez fumbles.

It's Tebow Time. I don't see how everyone can't see that by now.
    Based on what... Tebow getting his a$$ handed to him twice last year against the Pats with more talent with the Broncos?

Did you watch the playoff game? Tebow literally looked like a GD chicken with his head cut off against the Pats. They completely embarrassed him. Tebow will never beat the Patriots; write that down..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Serious question -

After watching that game, does anyone think they are the best team in the AFC?

How about post-game?

Cushing is gone, Joseph looked awful.

How do you rank the AFC right now?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombo View Post
    Show me a better option. Tebow is not better. He's not a quarterback. He's called one, but he has no QB skills whatsoever. Find a better qb and I'm fine with replacing Sanchez. Right now, Sanchez gives the Jets the best chance to win.
    I'm beginning to think more and more that NYC area fans are some of the absolute worst. Giants fans wanted to run Eli out of town, and now Jets fans want to run Sanchez out. Find a better option and stop crying for the useless backup to replace Sanchez.
    What a crock of ****. The exaggerations when it comes to Tebow simply makes some of you look just plain ignorant.

And I don't disagree that Mark is better suited for this offense as its currently built but that's just a big crock of ****.

Tebow has all the freaking traits necessary to have a winning quarterback, as well as the skills with which without you will NEVER reach elite status nor win championships.

His leadership, poise and ability to perform under pressure, such as numerous 4th quarter comebacks, playoff wins in over time, under HEAVY scrutiny....those things ARE in fact QB skills, and I would argue come before any of the other ones. Without those, I don't give a **** how far or accurate you can throw the ball. If you can't do it under pressure or when it matters most, you are useless. If you are not capable of rallying the team around you, when they need it most, you are pretty much useless.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Serious question -

After watching that game, does anyone think they are the best team in the AFC?

How about post-game?

Cushing is gone, Joseph looked awful.

How do you rank the AFC right now?
    I hate to say it but I think the Patsies are going back to the Superbowl. They're good for throwing out a crap game or two in the beginning of a season and then going on a steam rolling tour and I think that tour started in Buffalo.

Hard to see them losing to Houston or Baltimore again and the rest of the AFC is pretty bad this year.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    His leadership, poise and ability to perform under pressure, such as numerous 4th quarter comebacks, playoff wins in over time, under HEAVY scrutiny....those things ARE in fact QB skills, and I would argue come before any of the other ones. Without those, I don't give a **** how far or accurate you can throw the ball. If you can't do it under pressure or when it matters most, you are useless. If you are not capable of rallying the team around you, when they need it most, you are pretty much useless.
    Yes! And this is exactly why I would rather have an Eli Manning on my team than a Peyton Manning on my team. You just nailed it, bro!

Sanchez has NONE of those qualities. ZERO!

Right now i'm dragging my feet in the dirt because I know what is coming this season under Sanchez.

We start Tebow against Indy and all of a sudden we're Denver circa 2011 and I will believe we're still in this thing, and at the end of the day, thats all I want out of my football team. A chance to believe, and that's something Sanchez has completely sucked out of my soul