Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: NFL.com: "Mark Sanchez is on his way out as New York Jets quarterback"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Tebow is also a WAY better option against NE.
    With our swiss cheese offensive line, you can guarantee Wilfork is going to fold our pockets up like a wet paper bag every down. Jones is going to be all over our quarterback. NE's defense is very good at getting turn overs even when the opposing quarterback has a little time to throw. Our quarterback is going to be on the run the entire game. If we start Sanchez versus NE it will be worse than 45-3.

At least Tebow has a chance against the kind of pressure they're going to bring.
    If Sanchez starts I wouldnt be surprised if we see 3 picks and 2 or 3 Sanchez fumbles.

It's Tebow Time. I don't see how everyone can't see that by now.
    Manchez can not see it because he is an irrational Sanchez fan , first, last and always! The team winning does not matter just as long as his hero is the starting QB. You will get use to him whining and crying in support of Mark regardless of how poorly he plays. I mean a 48 completion percentage is really not probowl material I think.. Does it ammater which QB plays and wins for us? I think the man would cringe and root against us if Tebow or any other QB got us to a SB. It is Sanchez or bust! As I said you will get sick of Mancez and just ignore him.
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 10-12-2012 at 07:59 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Manchez can not see it because he is an irrational Sanchez fan , first, last and always! The team winning does not matter just as long as his hero is the starting QB. You will get use to him whining and crying in support of Mark regardless of how poorly he plays. I mean a 48 completion percentage is really not probowl material I think.. Does it ammater which QB plays and wins for us? I think the man would cringe and root against us if Tebow or any other QB got us to a SB. It is Sanchez or bust! As I said you will get sick of Mancez and just ignore him.
    What exactly makes you think that Tebow is a better option at QB for the NY Jets right now? With the same receivers that Sanchez is playing with right now he completed 38% of his passes in preseason and looked like complete s h i t. That's what I'm basing my argument on; his most recent display of ineptitude at the QB position. Sanchez gives us a better chance at winning for now and in the future than Tebow does. My opinion has nothing to do with being a fanboi of Sanchez's, but it has everything to do with the utter and complete incompetence of Tebow's play at QB in the NFL.

If there was a better option than Sanchez at QB on our roster, I'd be all for benching Sanchez right now; but there isn't one.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    What exactly makes you think that Tebow is a better option at QB for the NY Jets right now? With the same receivers that Sanchez is playing with right now he completed 38% of his passes in preseason and looked like complete s h i t. That's what I'm basing my argument on; his most recent display of ineptitude at the QB position. Sanchez gives us a better chance at winning for now and in the future than Tebow does. My opinion has nothing to do with being a fanboi of Sanchez's, but it has everything to do with the utter and complete incompetence of Tebow's play at QB in the NFL.

If there was a better option than Sanchez at QB on our roster, I'd be all for benching Sanchez right now; but there isn't one.
    Dude, Sanchez doesn't give us a better chance at anything. Sanchez is a GUARANTEED embarrassment of a season while Tebow is in the very least a dice roll where we could get a post season spot out of it.

If we played Tebow the entire 4th quarter against Houston we may have won that game. He should of never of been taken out of the Red Zone possession towards the end and he should have been given the last drive that Sanchez threw an interception in to end the game.

The longer we wait to start Tebow, the slimmer our play off chances become.

Tebow went 7-4 in Denver and brought a hopeless 1-4 team to the post season where he beat the Steelers.

Manning has gone 2-3 with the same team and it remains to be seen if they'll even make the post season.

Tebow might not be as good as Peyton but that should tell you something.

I can guarantee you that when Denver was 1-4, if they brought in Sanchez instead of Tebow that play off game against the Patriots that you're using to bash him would of NEVER EVEN HAPPENED because the Broncos would of been home watching the play offs on television.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Dude, Sanchez doesn't give us a better chance at anything. Sanchez is a GUARANTEED embarrassment of a season while Tebow is in the very least a dice roll where we could get a post season spot out of it.

If we played Tebow the entire 4th quarter against Houston we may have won that game. He should of never of been taken out of the Red Zone possession towards the end and he should have been given the last drive that Sanchez threw an interception in to end the game.

The longer we wait to start Tebow, the slimmer our play off chances become.

Tebow went 7-4 in Denver and brought a hopeless 1-4 team to the post season where he beat the Steelers.

Manning has gone 2-3 with the same team and it remains to be seen if they'll even make the post season.

Tebow might not be as good as Peyton but that should tell you something.

I can guarantee you that when Denver was 1-4, if they brought in Sanchez instead of Tebow that play off game against the Patriots that you're using to bash him would of NEVER EVEN HAPPENED because the Broncos would of been home watching the play offs on television.
    Tebow goes 3-8 without Prater kicking 60 yard field goals. Put Nick Folk on the 2011 Broncos and Tebow is out of the league right now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow goes 3-8 without Prater kicking 60 yard field goals. Put Nick Folk on the 2011 Broncos and Tebow is out of the league right now.
    Well, yes and no... Tebow won the KC and Jets games... That's it.

Here are the 6 games everyone points to + Oak...

Miami - 52 yard FG
    Oak - Two huge McGahee runs and an Eddie Royal PR TD
    KC - Tebow with a nice pass to Decker ices the game
    Jets - Tebow pisses off the fanbase and makes Rex fall in love
    SD - Tim Tebow had absolutely no impact on this game, a complete non factor
    Minn - Near pick 6 takes the ball to the 15 yard line, Prater seals it
    Den - 51 yard FG

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow is improving ... Sanchez is regressing past the pre natal state . Period.

Argument over.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Bueller??? Jordy??? Bueller???? Jordy???????
    Don't Bueller me.

This discussion started with you and Tex belittling the Jets players and asking who would be a starter on the patsies.

I stated my case. Revis, Cro, Mangold, Landry, Bell, McKnight (KR).

If the patsies had the Jets starting secondary (with a healthy Revis), they'd be unstoppable.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Tebow is improving ... Sanchez is regressing past the pre natal state . Period.

Argument over.
    Wut? LOLZ

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Says the guy who always fell in love with Tanny and Rex' personnel decisions, no matter what, and now wants them both gone.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    What exactly makes you think that Tebow is a better option at QB for the NY Jets right now? With the same receivers that Sanchez is playing with right now he completed 38% of his passes in preseason and looked like complete s h i t.
    The fact that tebow can be an effective runner with the ball when the play breaks down. Which has been happening quite often. Not just a called run up the middle which every team is now looking for when he occasionally gets in.
    This forces the d to spy on tebow. That means one less guy back in coverage which helps to open things up.

The fact that tebow understands scrambling means protecting the ball.

The fact that sanchez's horrid completion percentage dulls the argument against tebow which is that he is inaccurate.

The fact that sanchez is not getting it done.

Give tebow more then a few plays at a time and see if he can make something happen. In the 80's the starting qb was benched often, even if just for the second half of one game, when he was ineffective and it was not the end of the world. If sanchez is sucking then what do we have to lose? If sanchez can't suck it up and not sulk about it when it happens then he has no business being an nfl qb never mind a starter in NY (NJ). He is supposed to be an accountable man/adult/professional not some princess who's ego matters more then the team.

Oh and btw I'm not saying tebow is the answer. I'm just saying "wtf do we have to lose if mark blows goats and we give tebow a real shot?"
    Last edited by AmericanMadman; 10-13-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Well, yes and no... Tebow won the KC and Jets games... That's it.

Here are the 6 games everyone points to + Oak...

Miami - 52 yard FG
    Oak - Two huge McGahee runs and an Eddie Royal PR TD
    KC - Tebow with a nice pass to Decker ices the game
    Jets - Tebow pisses off the fanbase and makes Rex fall in love
    SD - Tim Tebow had absolutely no impact on this game, a complete non factor
    Minn - Near pick 6 takes the ball to the 15 yard line, Prater seals it
    Den - 51 yard FG
    Thank you. When people think of Tebow's record in Denver, they often forget that he was putrid for a majority of the game only to be able to turn on the magic and pull off a win. Definitely deserves credit, but he never did it on his own and none of those teams listed above are exactly powerhouses.

And sure, he definitely deserves a tip of the cap for his 1 payoff win against PIT. But Sanchez beat equally good teams ON THE ROAD 4 TIMES. Can't give kudos to 1 and ignore what Sanchez has done.

Is Sanchez the qb for the next 10 years? Not looking like it, but those thinking Tebow is the answer are kidding themselves. The wildcat was hot once but once teams figured it out, it became a joke. Tebow's option offense is the same thing. Given 16 games, I guarantee you he would not be able to have remotely the same success (or luck).

A qb needs to throw the ball. Tebow has a nice downfield touch, but couldn't hit the broadside of a barn within 20 yards.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Don't Bueller me.

This discussion started with you and Tex belittling the Jets players and asking who would be a starter on the patsies.

I stated my case. Revis, Cro, Mangold, Landry, Bell, McKnight (KR).

If the patsies had the Jets starting secondary (with a healthy Revis), they'd be unstoppable.
    Only agree with the first 3. Landry is potentially too fragile, Bell too old, and McKnight too one-dimensional to swap them for the equivalent player on the Pats.

Still waiting for you to play. Who would you swap for excluding Brady?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow is improving.. Sanchez gives us the best chance at tanking (apparently Tebow would win us 6 more games).. Why do some of you have your heads so far up Tebow's ass?

Real question.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Says the guy who always fell in love with Tanny and Rex' personnel decisions, no matter what, and now wants them both gone.
    Spot on.

Tanny and Wrecks have absolutely crippled the Jets with their personnel decisions over the last 3 years.

The last 3 years of the Jets draft/FA signings could be the worst in the NFL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Belichick drafted Brady, developed Brady and built a team around Brady.

If it was that easy, why don't more HC's do that?
    And Belichick gave Bledsoe a $100 million contract the same year he drafted Brady. So get real, Tex, drafting a HOF QB in the 6th round was the equivelent of winning Power Ball.

The team Belichick built was around Bledsoe, not Brady. It wasnt until 2003 with the Dillon adfition that they started to build around Brady. BUT, Belichick alowed the WR corps to diminish where it killed them in the 2006 AFCCG against the Colts. Thereafter did Belichick truly build around Brady and get him receivers he needed.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    And Belichick gave Bledsoe a $100 million contract the same year he drafted Brady. So get real, Tex, drafting a HOF QB in the 6th round was the equivelent of winning Power Ball.

The team Belichick built was around Bledsoe, not Brady. It wasnt until 2003 with the Dillon adfition that they started to build around Brady. BUT, Belichick alowed the WR corps to diminish where it killed them in the 2006 AFCCG against the Colts. Thereafter did Belichick truly build around Brady and get him receivers he needed.
    And the Pats were off the hook on Bledsoe's contract when he was traded to the Bills.

Other than Randy Moss, Brady has never had a WR that could be considered elite.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Other than Randy Moss, Brady has never had a WR that could be considered elite.
    Good point and yet some of the jets fans around here would have you believe a good qb needs probowl wrs to do anything. Brady has had different wrs every year. Do I expect sanchez to perform to brady's level? No, but I do expect him to perform despite adversity.