Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 52 of 52

Thread: Ohh I cant wait for people to eat there words.

  1. #41
    So your telling me that the Jets are gonna win this weak?

    I'm not byeing it.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    If they are the PASTS, WTF are we? Our two losses at the AFC Championship games are in the past...
    We are the jests

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    We are the jests
    ...or the Yets...pick your poison.






  4. #44
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    11,176
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    So your telling me that the Jets are gonna win this weak?

    I'm not byeing it.
    I thought your "bi-ing" it was one potential solution to the problem of you not being able to get a date? Now yore saying that yuze not bi-ing it?

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    Do ya think any of this can be fixed?....
    1. Lousy receivers? how bout new receivers, young with speed.
    2. Terrible QB play?..The more time Mark spends with this new receiving corp and the addition of a healthy Keller you will see Marks numbers go up..
    3. Running the ball I would like to see Powell and Mc Knight handle the ball a little more if Powell gets the hot hand you got to take reps away fron Shon.

    4. Stopping the run, we just have to believe in Rex???...I would like to see some more reps from the young guys..Scott with this toe and Devito with the back aghhh...
    1. We have exactly one young WR that can be thought of as an A prospect and he is very raw. 2-3 years to fix that position.
    2. Sanchez has proven he is at best, with a get supporting cast an avg QB. with anything less he is a disaster. 2-3 years to fix this.
    3. Our present RB's are total jags, even powell. 2-3 years to fix this.
    4. Our LB's are old and slow, Dline should be doing better than it is. A year or two to fix this.

    There are no quick fixes here. We missed our short window of op. The Jets when they decided they wee a win now team never should have drafted a QB high if they had no intention of being a pass happy offensive team.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    We missed our short window of op. .
    That window was wide open in 2009 but the stupid GM and Head Coach decided to forego a reliable vet to groom their young QB with next to no starting experience like Rodgers got in Green Bay.

    A vet QB, even sub-par would have had that team at 10-6, and with a fresh Thomas Jones and Defense come playoffs......I agree 100% about this. Squandered opportunities.

    2010 was misleading because LT carried the team to their early record then quickly was burnt out.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Both the 49ers and Texans will be playing in Foxboro, and the Pats will be highly favored in both games. I think a split of those two games (either/or) is a reasonable expectation. Neither of those teams is significantly better than the Pats.
    Highly favored? 3-4 points at most against either team.

  8. #48
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    11,176
    [Beerfish]

    1. We have exactly one young WR that can be thought of as an A prospect and he is very raw. 2-3 years to fix that position.


    I still think Kerley is at least in the "serviceable young receiver" category and I am with you that Stephen Hill is project.

    2. Sanchez has proven he is at best, with a get supporting cast an avg QB. with anything less he is a disaster. 2-3 years to fix this.

    We have been waiting four decades for our next franchise QB. You need to be in a high enough draft position to grab one when they are available (not easy - See Andrew Luck). You need to be lucky enough to be picking high in a year when one is coming out (they do not come out every year). You need to have the wisdom to select the right guy and then put a plan in place to develop him (see Green Bay with Rogers). You also need to have and executable plan to put the right pieces around him.... So 2-3 years is an absolute "perfect world" scenario. Who do you have in mind exactly?

    3. Our present RB's are total jags, even powell. 2-3 years to fix this.

    Yes assuming that this was our top priority. If it is not (and it is not IMO) then you will need to make do with JAG RBs or hope that you strike it lucky in round 4 or later. Pretty much what we have been doing at the RB position. How has that one worked out for us so far?

    4. Our LB's are old and slow, Dline should be doing better than it is. A year or two to fix this.

    DLine just needs time. We have spent as much treasure there as we are going to spend for a while.

    LBs are the top priority IMO and unfortunately we also need to shore up the OL which you did not mention. It is imperative that we get one or two of those high in the draft so there will be a good deal of "getting worse before you get better" for us at the LB position. If we do go LB in Round 1 then some of the other 2-3 year estimates are taking a severe hit.

    There are no quick fixes here. We missed our short window of op. The Jets when they decided they wee a win now team never should have drafted a QB high if they had no intention of being a pass happy offensive team.

    Agreed but here is the kicker. Each one of these can be addressed but at the expense of deferring the others. so 2-3 years become more realistically like 4-5 years unless we find ways to acquire a bunch of draft picks this year.

    Most of the above assumes that we have the picks in the right spots, that we have a GM with an eye for talent who is going to unearth the undervalued assets and then select them. Really? Is He? How has Mike T. been doing so far at this? And finally, even if we do manage to pick the right guys, do we have a coaching staff in place that can develop them to their potential? Obviously some of this can be address in free agency but our tack record there has been to overpay for someone else's over-the-hill or over-hyped assets and not get what we were looking for.

    Oh and I would also add Safety to a list of concerns because Landry will want huge money if he stays healthy. The Jets are screwed if he stays healthy and screwed if he does not. The benefits to the Jets of Laron Landry are here in 2012.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I thought your "bi-ing" it was one potential solution to the problem of you not being able to get a date? Now yore saying that yuze not bi-ing it?
    Try less harder.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    [Beerfish]

    1. We have exactly one young WR that can be thought of as an A prospect and he is very raw. 2-3 years to fix that position.


    I still think Kerley is at least in the "serviceable young receiver" category and I am with you that Stephen Hill is project.

    2. Sanchez has proven he is at best, with a get supporting cast an avg QB. with anything less he is a disaster. 2-3 years to fix this.

    We have been waiting four decades for our next franchise QB. You need to be in a high enough draft position to grab one when they are available (not easy - See Andrew Luck). You need to be lucky enough to be picking high in a year when one is coming out (they do not come out every year). You need to have the wisdom to select the right guy and then put a plan in place to develop him (see Green Bay with Rogers). You also need to have and executable plan to put the right pieces around him.... So 2-3 years is an absolute "perfect world" scenario. Who do you have in mind exactly?

    3. Our present RB's are total jags, even powell. 2-3 years to fix this.

    Yes assuming that this was our top priority. If it is not (and it is not IMO) then you will need to make do with JAG RBs or hope that you strike it lucky in round 4 or later. Pretty much what we have been doing at the RB position. How has that one worked out for us so far?

    4. Our LB's are old and slow, Dline should be doing better than it is. A year or two to fix this.

    DLine just needs time. We have spent as much treasure there as we are going to spend for a while.

    LBs are the top priority IMO and unfortunately we also need to shore up the OL which you did not mention. It is imperative that we get one or two of those high in the draft so there will be a good deal of "getting worse before you get better" for us at the LB position. If we do go LB in Round 1 then some of the other 2-3 year estimates are taking a severe hit.

    There are no quick fixes here. We missed our short window of op. The Jets when they decided they wee a win now team never should have drafted a QB high if they had no intention of being a pass happy offensive team.

    Agreed but here is the kicker. Each one of these can be addressed but at the expense of deferring the others. so 2-3 years become more realistically like 4-5 years unless we find ways to acquire a bunch of draft picks this year.

    Most of the above assumes that we have the picks in the right spots, that we have a GM with an eye for talent who is going to unearth the undervalued assets and then select them. Really? Is He? How has Mike T. been doing so far at this? And finally, even if we do manage to pick the right guys, do we have a coaching staff in place that can develop them to their potential? Obviously some of this can be address in free agency but our tack record there has been to overpay for someone else's over-the-hill or over-hyped assets and not get what we were looking for.

    Oh and I would also add Safety to a list of concerns because Landry will want huge money if he stays healthy. The Jets are screwed if he stays healthy and screwed if he does not. The benefits to the Jets of Laron Landry are here in 2012.

    In all of this you left out the OL. From what I have seen of the jets the past couple of seasons the OL can't open up running lanes. If they could do a half ass job it would help whoever is carring the ball on this team. Greene runs for 2.9, what are the stats on Powell and Mcnight, I don't see them doing much more.

  11. #51
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    11,176
    Quote Originally Posted by adoom View Post
    In all of this you left out the OL. From what I have seen of the jets the past couple of seasons the OL can't open up running lanes. If they could do a half ass job it would help whoever is carring the ball on this team. Greene runs for 2.9, what are the stats on Powell and Mcnight, I don't see them doing much more.
    I mentioned the OL as joint #1 priority along with LBs in my response to #4 from Beerfish.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by adoom View Post
    In all of this you left out the OL. From what I have seen of the jets the past couple of seasons the OL can't open up running lanes. If they could do a half ass job it would help whoever is carring the ball on this team. Greene runs for 2.9, what are the stats on Powell and Mcnight, I don't see them doing much more.
    sorry I missed that

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us