Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: VP Debate

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    My take:

This debate was difficult to watch. Biden did a good job as far as projecting some grasp of the issues. The problem was his constant interruptions and faces and eye rolls and rude chuckles reminded me of everything that is wrong with the Obama administration. They literally react with disdain and contempt to any ideas or concepts that differ from theirs. How do two sides come together when one literally rolls their eyes and laughs in the face of the other when presenting ideas.

In the end it was a double edged sword. Biden did what he came to do which was be the aggressive attack dog. He succeeded there. That success comes with a cost however. Swing/independent voters are absolutely turned off by stuff like that. I believe that Ryan's likability will go up in the coming days while Joe's will go down. Biden succeeded in getting the red meat to his base which I believe was his intention. Ryan came off as cooler calmer and more respectful. That said he could have done a better job putting a stop to Joe's rudeness. No red meat for the base but his style will appeal to independents/swing voter types that don't like the confrontational behavior.

Regardeless of the polls that say Biden or Ryan won I think this one was not a poll mover one way or the other. I doubt it was heavily watched as even I found myself flipping over to the Steelers game more often then not.
    Joe Biden wasn't at all rude in the debate, he was just firmly and assertively expressing his view. If Republicans think Mr Biden was rude then they must be very delicate flowers. What I thought was rude though was Paul Ryan attempting to take Americans as fools by peddling inaccuracies, misleading statements and down right lies during the debate and the electorate deserve better. Joe Biden did a good job in exposing the flaws in the Romney-Ryan programme and how they are trying to misrepresent the policies of The President. As for his laughing and animated performance, I thought it showed Mr Biden as being natural whereas Mr Ryan came across as being scripted and over-rehearsed.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowSubmarine View Post
    Joe Biden wasn't at all rude in the debate, he was just firmly and assertively expressing his view. If Republicans think Mr Biden was rude then they must be very delicate flowers. What I thought was rude though was Paul Ryan attempting to take Americans as fools by peddling inaccuracies, misleading statements and down right lies during the debate and the electorate deserve better. Joe Biden did a good job in exposing the flaws in the Romney-Ryan programme and how they are trying to misrepresent the policies of The President. As for his laughing and animated performance, I thought it showed Mr Biden as being natural whereas Mr Ryan came across as being scripted and over-rehearsed.
    I don't think I've ever seen the title of the president capitalized, as if the position had some sort of divine property before.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowSubmarine View Post
    Ryan was awful granted but Joe Biden was completely expossed to anyone who isn't a partisan hack for what he said.

Tax the rich gets 800 billion over 10 years, we are running a trillion in the hole and Biden wants us to trust him when he admits SS is done in 2024, Medicaid nothing is going to change and he wants to insure 30million more people?

The idea that the Democrats have no plan and we should trust them was completely over the top.

Granted the other sides plan doesn't really exist cutting tax rates with no offsets for deductions was expossed as Ryan lamely couldn't name one deduction that would be curtailed, but the Democrats haven't given anyone a reason to vote for them. Trust me might be fine if your selling snake oil with no ingredients listed but it's not a plan for the President to govern on. Trust me is simply a pander to partisans who are already true believers.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 10-15-2012 at 06:07 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought they both lost. Biden looked like a jerk with all the laughing and interrupting, and Ryan looked like a fool, particularly when they talked about Afghanistan.