Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let 71 Harrison Damon should Play in Place of Ellis Kenrick

Let 71 Harrison Damon should Play in Place of Ellis Kenrick

Lets see what this guy can do. He looks mean. I like mean players on defense.

Harry

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Quote Originally Posted by GangGreen1941 View Post

Harry
    Welcome Harry. Got any info on #71?

Veteran
    Ellis Kenrick? Are you serious?

Jets Insider VIP
    Cool story.

Quote Originally Posted by GangGreen1941 View Post

Harry
    OK GreenGang

I actually thought Harrison was a good pickup by the Jets.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Idea good that is

Aside from the poor wording of the thread, there is actually a lot to like about Damon Harrison and I believe he will be getting quite a few reps on sunday.

First off, he took part in the Iowa State Pro-day since he came from such a small school. I beleive his numbers were 34 reps on the bench, a 5.37 "40", and a 29 inch vertical.

He had a very improbable road to the NFL as he didnt play a ton of football in HS, and at one point dropped out of school.

This is from nationalfootballpost.com:

Scouting Report:
    A thick, girth kid with a really wide trunk, broad set of shoulders and massive lower half. Looks full through both the upper and lower half and is a really wide-bodied kid. Can coil up well into his stance, stays low off the football and can generate a good initial snap off the ball into contact. Keeps his pad level down can gain leverage and there is some good initial get off burst into contact. Consistently is able to rock opposing lineman on contact at the point, works his hands inside and overpowers his way into the backfield. Looks a bit short armed and isn't real fluid laterally. Not a guy who is going to stack and shed consistently. However, his low pad level, his strong lower half and ability to quickly get off the ball into contact makes him really difficult to move inside when defending the run.

Is limited off his frame, doesn't run real well, looks a bit top heavy on the move and lacks the range to be effective in space. Isn't a gifted pass rusher either. Has the power to develop as a bull rush guy and push the pocket some. However, his lacking length makes it tough for him to routinely keep himself clean. Nevertheless, the guy has a nose for the football. Showcases good snap awareness, gets off the ball on time and consistently locates the play quickly. Exhibits some coordination in the lower half and a little short area quickness when trying to avoid contact, and with his combination of power and leverage can simply man handle opponents through contact once he gains a step and close on the football. Was extremely productive as a senior leading the team in tackles and tackles for loss.

Impression: The kind of physically put together kid who can develop as a nose in either a 34 o4 43 front. In a weaker senior class at DT I would rather roll the dice on this higher upside kid than most of the average senior later guys at bigger schools.

Sounds like a hard working kid without a lot going on upstairs. I hope he does really well.

Veteran
    He already has been playing for Ellis. Had a solid 3rd and short stuff against the texans

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NoJokeJets View Post
    Ellis Kenrick? Are you serious?
    If times were different..he could have played with Klecko Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Aside from the poor wording of the thread, there is actually a lot to like about Damon Harrison and I believe he will be getting quite a few reps on sunday.

First off, he took part in the Iowa State Pro-day since he came from such a small school. I beleive his numbers were 34 reps on the bench, a 5.37 "40", and a 29 inch vertical.

He had a very improbable road to the NFL as he didnt play a ton of football in HS, and at one point dropped out of school.

This is from nationalfootballpost.com:

Scouting Report:
    A thick, girth kid with a really wide trunk, broad set of shoulders and massive lower half. Looks full through both the upper and lower half and is a really wide-bodied kid. Can coil up well into his stance, stays low off the football and can generate a good initial snap off the ball into contact. Keeps his pad level down can gain leverage and there is some good initial get off burst into contact. Consistently is able to rock opposing lineman on contact at the point, works his hands inside and overpowers his way into the backfield. Looks a bit short armed and isn't real fluid laterally. Not a guy who is going to stack and shed consistently. However, his low pad level, his strong lower half and ability to quickly get off the ball into contact makes him really difficult to move inside when defending the run.

Is limited off his frame, doesn't run real well, looks a bit top heavy on the move and lacks the range to be effective in space. Isn't a gifted pass rusher either. Has the power to develop as a bull rush guy and push the pocket some. However, his lacking length makes it tough for him to routinely keep himself clean. Nevertheless, the guy has a nose for the football. Showcases good snap awareness, gets off the ball on time and consistently locates the play quickly. Exhibits some coordination in the lower half and a little short area quickness when trying to avoid contact, and with his combination of power and leverage can simply man handle opponents through contact once he gains a step and close on the football. Was extremely productive as a senior leading the team in tackles and tackles for loss.

Impression: The kind of physically put together kid who can develop as a nose in either a 34 o4 43 front. In a weaker senior class at DT I would rather roll the dice on this higher upside kid than most of the average senior later guys at bigger schools.
    Notes: Has a daughter. Played on both the offensive and defensive lines as a Louisiana prep while also participating in basketball and track. Was a grayshirt at Northwest Mississippi Community College in 2007. In 11 games (eight starts) in ’08, registered 47 tackles, six tackles for loss and zero sacks with two batted passes and two forced fumbles. Started 11-of-12 games played at defensive tackle in ’09 with 70-12-1. In ’10, logged 47-11-2 with two passes batted down, one blocked kick and recovered a fumble in the endzone in 10 games (seven starts). Led the squad in tackles and tackles for loss in ’11 after posting 60-8 1⁄2-3 with two forced fumbles in 11 games (10 starts). Has had the lateral meniscus repaired in each knee twice — right knee (2009, ’10) and the left knee (2005, ’11) — all suffered while playing basketball.

Positives: Excellent size and mass. Plays with strong hands and can control the line of scrimmage and handle the double team.

Negatives: Durability is a major concern --— had microfracture surgery after four significant knee injuries and long-term durability requires scrutiny. Unproven vs. lesser competition. Is late to find the ball. Limited athlete. Does not play hard or range outside a very short area.

Summary: Raw, mammoth, big-boned, injury-stricken size prospect capable of providing depth in a camp as a wide-bodied, 3-4 nose tackle.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/pro...n-harrison-43/

Is there even another option? I thought he was already the 3rd-string NT.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Notes: Has a daughter. Played on both the offensive and defensive lines as a Louisiana prep while also participating in basketball and track. Was a grayshirt at Northwest Mississippi Community College in 2007. In 11 games (eight starts) in 08, registered 47 tackles, six tackles for loss and zero sacks with two batted passes and two forced fumbles. Started 11-of-12 games played at defensive tackle in 09 with 70-12-1. In 10, logged 47-11-2 with two passes batted down, one blocked kick and recovered a fumble in the endzone in 10 games (seven starts). Led the squad in tackles and tackles for loss in 11 after posting 60-8 1⁄2-3 with two forced fumbles in 11 games (10 starts). Has had the lateral meniscus repaired in each knee twice right knee (2009, 10) and the left knee (2005, 11) all suffered while playing basketball.

Positives: Excellent size and mass. Plays with strong hands and can control the line of scrimmage and handle the double team.

Negatives: Durability is a major concern -- had microfracture surgery after four significant knee injuries and long-term durability requires scrutiny. Unproven vs. lesser competition. Is late to find the ball. Limited athlete. Does not play hard or range outside a very short area.

Summary: Raw, mammoth, big-boned, injury-stricken size prospect capable of providing depth in a camp as a wide-bodied, 3-4 nose tackle.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/pro...n-harrison-43/
    I like the note of "he has a daughter". The only thing that can be more unnoteworthy about a 20 something grown man would be if he had a mole on his upper arm.

Granted, it was the end the game and the defense knew full well that the Texans were running, but Harrison looked very stout in the few snaps he got.

I would like to see what he can do with more snaps.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I like the note of "he has a daughter". The only thing that can be more unnoteworthy about a 20 something grown man would be if he had a mole on his upper arm.

Granted, it was the end the game and the defense knew full well that the Texans were running, but Harrison looked very stout in the few snaps he got.

I would like to see what he can do with more snaps.
    I actually disagree about the daughter thing. Usually having a child gives a person a new perspective on life and an increased sense of responsibility as they now have someone who relies on them.

Given all the struggles he has gone through, hopefully he is a mature 20-something who is putting in the work to be successful.

I actually disagree about the daughter thing. Usually having a child gives a person a new perspective on life and an increased sense of responsibility as they now have someone who relies on them.

Given all the struggles he has gone through, hopefully he is a mature 20-something who is putting in the work to be successful.
    Totally agree... Think it definitely matters. The child can mean more maturity and sense of responsibility which helps for motivation and the player figuring out a way to make it all work.

It's not a guarantee or anything, just something that is worth noting.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Totally agree... Think it definitely matters. The child can mean more maturity and sense of responsibility which helps for motivation and the player figuring out a way to make it all work.

How man kids does Cro have?

Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    How man kids does Cro have?

There are exceptions to every rule!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post

Is that something that scouting reports often lead off with? Never noticed it.