Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PFT: Stanton claims he was promised opportunity to start if Sanchez "struggled"

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    Yes he put up impressive record numbers in losing efforts with one hell of an offense and most of the time when the game was on the line he choked. A lot of times stats are a result of the offense around you as much as the quarterback. At the end of the day 1 4th quarter come back win in 21 starts, 7 overall career wins in 21 stars.

At the end of the day, Cam's 7-14 with the keys to the franchise and a coaching staff who is second to him.

Tebow's 7-4 as a starting outcast QB. He has yet to be given the same opportunity Cam had to take advantage of his skills.

Completion percentage and yards is what Newton looks good in but his offense is a big part of that. Tebow has a better touchdown to interception ratio, more comebacks, equal running abilities, with a lot less talent around him. And more importantly better winning percentage.

If you want raw numbers, Cam will get you that. If you want efficiency, decision making, playing under pressure, Tebow's heads and shoulders above him.

Efficiency leads to winning. Winning teams are efficient teams with efficient offenses. Cam's not an efficient quarterback. He has a lot of raw talent but needs a lot of work before that talent can actually be put to good use. And so far this year, he's still playing like a rookie.
    Tebow would have been 4-7 without Prater kicking 60 yard field goals and 3-8 if Marion Barber falls down in bounds.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    Tebow would have been 4-7 without Prater kicking 60 yard field goals and 3-8 if Marion Barber falls down in bounds.
    Tebow is improving ... Sanchez is regressing past the pre natal state . Period.

Argument over.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes and the Patriots would have only won 1 Superbowl.

Prater kicked ONE very long field goal. The others someone put them in position to do that in the first place. Including that one. Broncos were down 10-0 with 4.37 left to go at their own 37 yard line. Tebow drove down field for a touchdown. The tying field goal? It followed another drive that began at 1st and 10 and Broncos 20.

Could have. Should have. Would have.

Still gotta get your team within 3 points or less to win or tie the game by a field goal. No different than Mark's 2nd win this season. Unless...you don't count that one either in which case, the Jets are 1-4.
    Last edited by Whichfan; 10-12-2012 at 10:36 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Rex will need to be ordered to pull Mark. Mike T. Or Woody will need to give him a direct order to play Tebow. Rex never benches 'his guys'.

Sad ... But true.
    I'm beginning to think that very same thing. Rex is so stubborn, just like his old man was.

I also think if he refuses to bench Sanchez, he'll get fired. So there's a lot riding on him making the right decision in regards to the starting QB.

I just hope his replacement is Greg McElroy and NOT Tim Tebow.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I just hope his replacement is Greg McElroy and NOT Tim Tebow.
    That's like hoping for world peace in 2013. Sorry, bro...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I were to guess, I would have to think Woody has met with Rex within the past couple of weeks and voiced his opinion about playing Tebow. I don't think Rex wants to play Tebow...I'm not sure if he believes in Sanchez either but I think he prefers him over Tebow. If this season spirals out of control with Sanchez, it may end up costing Rex his job. So with that said, I think Sanchez's leash is very short.

The thing that irritates me is when Rex says in his pressers "Mike, Woody and I discuss our personnel decisions". I understand the guy is our owner, but he should not be in these meetings at all.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't read every post so this may have been said. Football skill aside you have to question just how intelligent Stanton is. He demanded to be released from the Jets because Sanchez would be replaced by Tebow. Has he seen TT play QB? It would've only been a matter of time before TT was cast aside and he'd have a real shot

Apparently Stanton signed with the Colts thinking that he may have a better chance of playing behind....

Andrew Luck, the most talented QB rookie since Brady/ Manning.

Ummm yeah, Luck will sit before TT will...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    For all the defending of Sanchez that I've done, I wouldn't have a problem benching Sanchez for Stanton to see what he can do. Tebow will never be a good enough QB to beat the Patriots and unfortunately that's our gold standard; isn't it.
    Stanton was a 2nd rd pick in the 07 draft and has 5 tds and 9 picks and some here think he would be better then Sanchez??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Stanton was a 2nd rd pick in the 07 draft and has 5 tds and 9 picks and some here think he would be better then Sanchez??
    Absolutely ... Sanchez has played like an udfa since the Ravens game last year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    First, that tag gets me every damn time.

Second, I have no clue what you wrote thanks to your avatar.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If if if..... There are a few "IFs" which IF they went against the jets instead of for the jets Mark's career would be dismal right now.

I'm not for tebow but I'm not against him either. Same goes for sanchez but right now he is not getting it done.

Cumberland has caused a few interceptions but mark shares blame for forcing the issue as well as throwing inaccurate passes. I'm aware he is facing adversity but that is what he is paid to do... face and overcome adversity. Tebow may go in and suck as well but we won't know until he is given a shot.

We would have beaten denver last year "IF" our LBs had some speed and could have stopped tebow on that last drive but we didn't.

The NFL is a game of inches as well as "ifs".
    Last edited by AmericanMadman; 10-13-2012 at 06:22 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    All this does is show you that the decision to trade for Tebow was driven all by Woody. There is no way anyone can say otherwise. If Tanny and Rex were really interested in attaining Tebow they would have not signed Stanton when they did. Everyone knew there was a high probability Manning was going to sign with Denver, so why not wait a few days to see how things play out before you sign a guy(Stanton), and waste $500k on a guy you think you may not need in a few days.
    Bingo. I hope this puts an end to the speculation.