Thread: Turn On The Jets Offensive Film Breakdown – Sanchez’s 34 Dropbacks

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    What I learned from this thread:

-Sanchez is inaccurate throwing short
    -Sanchez is inaccurate throwing long

why exactly is this guy our "franchise QB?"
    What you actually learned from this thread:

Apparently, you skipped over reading and just went to trolling.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

i'm strangely feeling slightly better after reading that article. It was a great break down.

Mark's always going to be prone to his mistakes and inconsistent passes, but there's still reason for some hope. Kerley looks legit. Schilens has been playing well (although we're all waiting for his next injury) and with Keller and Hill returning this week maybe.. just maybe.. nah, it's Tebow time

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    So, what your saying is it's a mixed bag.... Isn't that the Sanchez that we've had for 3+ seasons. He is "capable" of making great throws, prone to boneheaded mistakes, and consistently inconsistent.

It is my hope that Sanchez's early struggles are due to his learning Sporano's new system and that he will markedly improve at some point of the season with Sporano acting as the de facto QB coach. BTW, is there any more worthless coach in the entire NFL than Matt Cavanaugh?
    It's a shame that us Jet fans didn't get the chance to see this offense in it's totality.
    Though Keller is an average TE, Mark is comfortable finding him & I believe Sparano would have been using him a lot more in the intermediate passing lanes.
    If you look around the league, if you can't run the ball, your offense & QB will suffer, that's a fact!
    I remember seeing an interview with Aaron Rogers when he was asked about the lack of a running game & in a very cocky manner said, "with this offense, who needs a running game?"
    Well, the Packers are 1-4 on their way to 1-5 after the Texans beat them this Sunday.
    Look at the Patriots, over 200 yards rushing in each of their last 2 games!
    You don't think it's easier throwing on playaction for Brady?

Sanchez is dealing with 2 major blows, he's lost all his starting weapons & he has ZERO running game. How any QB can be successful with that scenario is beyond me.
    That's why the rest of this season will be interesting, after the Pats, lets see if the real Mark Sanchez can emerge.
    Starting this Sunday vs a Colts team thats 25th vs the run & without Mathis playing.
    If Mark wants to win this game he's gotta make those really simple easy SHORT THROWS that move the chains & keep Luck watching from the sideline.
    I'm rooting for him, I'm a diehard Jet fan.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    So, what your saying is it's a mixed bag.... Isn't that the Sanchez that we've had for 3+ seasons. He is "capable" of making great throws, prone to boneheaded mistakes, and consistently inconsistent.

It is my hope that Sanchez's early struggles are due to his learning Sporano's new system and that he will markedly improve at some point of the season with Sporano acting as the de facto QB coach. BTW, is there any more worthless coach in the entire NFL than Matt Cavanaugh?
    Nope, I'm convinced that Cavanaugh has a sex tape of Rex that he is holding as ransom.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Nope, I'm convinced that Cavanaugh has a sex tape of Rex that he is holding as ransom.
    If Rex is here next year, Cav will be gone.
    Looks like Sparano has taken Mark under his wing a little here knowing he's completely underfunded talent wise around him.
    I believe it's Sparano keeping Mark from giving up all together & letting the pressure get to him.
    It's the way it should be anyway after 4 freaking years.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    [B]2nd Half

SECOND HALF – 14 Dropbacks – 8 Positives, 4 Negatives, 2 Undecided

TOTAL – 34 Dropacks, 20 Positives, 11 Negatives, 3 Undecided

Overall Analysis - It is fair to say that Mark Sanchez played better than his stat line indicated. However, that doesn’t absolve him of the inconsistencies he demonstrated. What is frustrating about re-watching this game tape is that this game was there for the Jets to win. They weren’t blown off the field by Houston. They weren’t outclassed. In a way that is encouraging for the rest of the season. If they cut back on the missed opportunities and mistakes, they are going to win football games. You can’t miss on a 61 yard touchdown to Antonio Cromartie. You can’t drop 25 yard completions. You can’t make the wrong read near the end-zone. However, you also won’t be dealing with JJ Watt and the Houston Texans every week. Sanchez was much better against Houston than he was against San Francisco and even Miami. It would not be surprising to see him put up a solid stat line against a Colts defense that is a major step down from Houston. Beyond that, everybody now has another game of experience in the offense and Dustin Keller should be back.

http://turnonthejets.com/2012/10/tur...-34-dropbacks/
    Excellent critical analysis. VERY much appreciated.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Outstanding analysis C Mart.

Very well done.

All Pro
    I know this is about Sanchez but..

Greene f'n sucks. One cut and that run would be a touchdown with any other RB. Get him off the field please

All League
    Why do we have this undying loyalty to Greene? Powell was similarly a mid-round pick... It's frustrating...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Why do we have this undying loyalty to Greene? Powell was similarly a mid-round pick... It's frustrating...
    My theory is Ryan is loyal to his players to a fault. Perfect example is Bart Scott.