Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NYP Costello: Sparano: Jets will start to run wild

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Sparano needs to worry about getting the right personnel on the field without it looking like a cluster f**k.

Where is the up tempo pace to the offense that was talked about in camp?
    If I was a jet fan that would be one of my biggest beefs with the team. They had all minicamp and- preseason to work on the substitution package. Last week looked like the keystone cops. Totally demoralizing to a team trying to win a game.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    If I was a jet fan that would be one of my biggest beefs with the team. They had all minicamp and- preseason to work on the substitution package. Last week looked like the keystone cops. Totally demoralizing to a team trying to win a game.
    The turnover due to the injuries is making these things more difficult.
    There is a reason why the guys that are starting on the Jets right now were available!
    Jets have to beat Indy to be 4-4 at the break.
    That bye couldn't come at a better time.

They need to just let everything out of the bag vs the Pats.
    I'd be going 4 downs on anything over the 50 yard line.

Logically, your offensive game plan shouldn't be based on a philosophy, it should be based around getting your best playmaker(s) the ball as often as possible.

If these coaches think that our best playmakers are at RB, then they shouldn't just be fired, they should be exiled to Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Logically, your offensive game plan should be based around getting your best playmaker(s) the ball as often as possible.
    I think that is a philosophy

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Logically, your offensive game plan shouldn't be based on a philosophy, it should be based around getting your best playmaker(s) the ball as often as possible.

If these coaches think that our best playmakers are at RB, then they shouldn't just be fired, they should be exiled to Iran.
    Jets have been throwing the ball downfield in 5 games than they did all of last year.
    Where are these "playmakers" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Jets have been throwing the ball downfield in 5 games than they did all of last year.
    Where are these "playmakers" you speak of?
    That's my point. There really aren't any. Going into a season spitting rhetoric about feeding the ball to your RB despite him being significantly worse than multiple unsigned free agents shows a lack of coaching talent. And a complete lack of faith in the ability of your QB to get the ball to your best playmaker in Holmes.

Jets Insider VIP
    So Shonn Greene keeps running into the back of our Oline for 2 yards per carry through 5 games and the plan is to....keep giving him the ball???

There's no better analogy for this plan than a video Dimitri posted in the Hampur...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asn9p...layer_embedded

He's so delusional, like Rex. These two A$$clowns are going to keep lying and talking out of his ass. Rex and Tony belong together. Can't wait till they are both gone.

Greene has shown nothing to warrant even ONE more NFL carry

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Instant gratification is an excercise in futility!

Damn people, I know it sucks losing @Steelers, home 49ers, home Texans, but the Jets are a work in progress with a freaking slew of injuries slowing that down.
    A new system takes time.
    We played a football game without both our starting wideouts & our starting TE.
    I don't even think Sparano knew how bad Greene would be up to this point. Jeezus! how would you like to be the Ocoordinator & try to figure out what to do with new guys all over the place, it's not that simple.
    Parcells worked the same way, I was infuriated watching Parcells early with the Jets but that's because you have to walk before you run.
    Shoddy was here for 6 years, working with a helluva lot more talent on offense than Sparano is working with RIGHT NOW.
    Shoddy also had some of the best Olines in Jets history!
    Stay the course, let Sparano figure this out regarding the RBs, the Jets did raid the Texans practice squad for Grimes.
    We can talk all about getting rid of Tanny for leaving us with this clusterf*ck that Sparanos dealing with but my god you people are crucifying a guy after 5 games, 4 vs top 10 run defenses in the league, & a make shift offensive roster that hasn't been able to practice all together EVER this season.
    Give it a break!
    +1

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Sparano says they are close?? Close to what? I dont see this running game breaking any big runs. IMO they will finish in the bottom 10 in rushing this year.
    Damn girlfriend logged on and posted this. Clueless!

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    He's so delusional, like Rex. These two A$$clowns are going to keep lying and talking out of his ass. Rex and Tony belong together. Can't wait till they are both gone.
    And Woody Johnson running all of this may be the most depressing of all.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I just spit up my coffee............
    You were pwned today pal. To bad you can't enjoy the victory. Putz.