Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This week is the season

This week is the season

Literally.

If the Jets lose this game, odds are that this turd of a roster will start circling the bowl.

As such, to heal what ails this team, we are most likely as fans seeing major steps backwards prior to going forwards. In fact, one could argue that a patchwork entrance into the playoffs could be COUNTERPRODUCTIVE.

With that said, here's what I hope to see:

A) A quick hook on Sanchez if he has a bad first half. This hook hopefully ushers in the Tebow era (error) and flushes this out of the system so the GM, Owner, and Head Coach (with two of the three replaced over the next two years) can get serious about getting a decent QB no worse than Alex Smith.

B) Keep Coples and Davis on the field. They don't play enough and I don't know who in the right mind doesn't think the defense doesn't need more athleticism. How the hell does Bryan Thomas go from cut to starting in the course of one week? Isn't this alarming? It's not due to injury either.

C) Finally get out from under Pace and Scott's albatross contracts. Both are absolutely terrible.

More eventually:

Get a head coach who doesn't break out in a rash when somebody talks about Offense to him. A true head coach. We should all now know why John Harbaugh got the job over Rex in Baltimore: Rex is a defensive coordinator. Head Coaches have input on both sides of the ball, while not running either side through a proxy. You think Tom Coughlin calls plays on either side of the ball? I think he offers input on what he wants to do, but I sincerely doubt he makes the calls.

My suggestions here are John Gruden or his brother.

Get a GM with a plan that he will stick to.

To me the answer is simple: The Giants are constructed extremely well and tend to find these D-Linemen gems that seemingly appear out of thin air after a soliciting a "WHO?" on draft day. Jerry Reese's AGM is Kevin Abrams. Kevin Abrams worked for Accorsi prior to that, who worked for George Young.

This guy is a true football executive and this could truly signal, if given free reign, a new era here.

He is not a glorified accountant with no talent evaluation skills at all.

In 2-3 years, barring a rookie QB (probably pushing it to 4) we may just be competitive again by 2015.

But it's undeniable that this team is boring as all hell to watch and offers effectively nothing to be enthusiastic about with the confused and demoralized QB, whiny petulant owner about his Precious Tebow, and insistence on playing man-to-man on defense despite not ever getting pressure on the QB.

they need to somehow find a way to beat Indy and Miami to go 4-4 into the bye week

then use the bye week to fix the running game. Schedule gets a little easier after that. If they can somehow get the offense going the season isn't entirely over.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    they need to somehow find a way to beat Indy and Miami to go 4-4 into the bye week

then use the bye week to fix the running game. Schedule gets a little easier after that. If they can somehow get the offense going the season isn't entirely over.
    There's no talent there, though. Up until the 'Skins signed him, I would've taken Ryan Grant over any RB on this team. And he sucks, too.

Ground and Pound works if your RB is the best weapon you have, like Ray Rice or Jamal Charles.

Keller's probably the best weapon on offense, but he can't block for crap.

Banned

then use the bye week to fix the running game. Schedule gets a little easier after that.
    @Seattle
    @ St. Louis
    New England

How is that an easy schedule?

Jets will be huge underdogs in each of those games.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    @Seattle
    @ St. Louis
    New England

Jets will be a huge underdog in St.Louis??? Ummmm..ok

@Seattle
    @ St. Louis
    New England

Nobody in the NFL would be a huge underdog to Seattle or St. Louis since neither team can score. Jets will be underdogs though and probably won't win if that is what you were going for.

You just can't help but troll though

I agree this is a must win and we must be at least 4-4 to have any chance after the bye

Quote Originally Posted by NowLet'sGoEatAF'NSnack View Post
    I'm surprised they are favored over Indy. LOOK AT THE ROSTER.

This team's roster is on par with Jacksonville's!

Jets Insider VIP
    Andy Luck is gong to carve our boys up. The season is already over. You think this roster is competeting for anything? Come on.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post

Andy Luck is gong to carve our boys up.
    If the Colts and Luck are smart, they carve the Jets up with short/intermediate crossing patterns, exploiting the Jets old and slow LB's.

If Cro has a game like Monday night, Wayne will be a non-issue.

Andy Luck is gong to carve our boys up. The season is already over. You think this roster is competeting for anything? Come on.
    We'll see, he's also playing with a nobody RB.
    Mark needs to convert short passes on 3rd down & Luck won't see the field much.
    TOP will tell the story, whoever wins the TOP wins this game.

If the Colts and Luck are smart, they carve the Jets up with short/intermediate crossing patterns, exploiting the Jets old and slow LB's.

Would anybody be surprised if Donald Brown shredded our defense?

I'm not kidding. Our run defense is AWFUL.

Unless we lose in which case the happy joy luck club will post the same thing next week.

Jets D is playing poorly but they are definitely better than the Packers.
    Also playing VS the Colts D after seeing Fins/Steelers/49ers/Texans will be a reprieve for the entire offense, not even in the same ballpark & Mathis is OUT.

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post

Considering he's not playing.................highly unlikely.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post

Jets run defense is better than the Saints.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...sition/defense

Jets Insider VIP
    I like Cro. But he did nothing monday night that every other corner this year has not done. In his last 3 games, andre johnson has had 3, 2 and 3 catch games. Hes obviously hurt or got old real fast.

Wayne will have 5 catches, 80 yards and 1 td minimum on Sunday.

I like Cro. But he did nothing monday night that every other corner this year has not done. In his last 3 games, andre johnson has had 3, 2 and 3 catch games. Hes obviously hurt or got old real fast.

Wayne will have 5 catches, 80 yards and 1 td minimum on Sunday.
    Did you watch the game? Cro was Revis-like. Not only shutting down AJ but being a nuisance in what was effectively a 15 yard radius around him.

I think practicing next to the technically and mechanically flawless Revis for the past 3 years has rubbed off on Cro, who Rex Ryan has made probably the only accurate talent evaluation of during his entire tenure, Cromartie's physical attributes are nearly limitless. He has displayed a lot of amazing anticipation and technique this year through nearly every game, with the breakdowns coming 8-10 seconds in because the pass rush and d-line have been awful. Man defense inevitably breaks down after a while and Rex's insistence on playing it despite not having a pass rush at all goes to show you that he's been damned good.

The only bright spot on this skid mark isn't yesterday's carrots. It's the Jets defense being 5th against the pass, and you sure as hell can't point at a defense with 5 sacks, 2 of which are from Garret Freaking McIntyre as the reason why.

Landry, Bell, and Cromartie have been very good against the pass so far.

Quote Originally Posted by NowLet'sGoEatAF'NSnack View Post
    Absolutely they will. In STL. STL is not a terrible team like we are. I give us no shot at winning that game, and even less in SEA.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Absolutely they will. In STL. STL is not a terrible team like we are. I give us no shot at winning that game, and even less in SEA.
    Those teams are bipolar though. They look good then they look awful.

St. Louis due to youth and year 1 of a major rebuild with Fisher.

Seattle due to Pete Carroll being a massive loser/schmuck/ra-ra/no worries brah.

I mean signing Flynn to a huge contract then starting Wilson is laughable.

There may be nobody in professional sports who I view as a bigger joke.

And I think most Pats fans would have to be in agreement. He talks like he's some legend, but is just a massive douche.

I actually could tie this back to why Mark Sanchez hasn't panned out. He probably would blossom under Carroll simply because they are both "No worries brah" guys. Which is why Sanchez will never come out after a bad game and say "I stink." Stupid laid back West Coasters.........15 MINUTES NO WORRIES BRAH.