Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This week is the season

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Those teams are bipolar though. They look good then they look awful.

St. Louis due to youth and year 1 of a major rebuild with Fisher.

Seattle due to Pete Carroll being a massive loser/schmuck/ra-ra/no worries brah.

I mean signing Flynn to a huge contract then starting Wilson is laughable.

There may be nobody in professional sports who I view as a bigger joke.

And I think most Pats fans would have to be in agreement. He talks like he's some legend, but is just a massive douche.

I actually could tie this back to why Mark Sanchez hasn't panned out. He probably would blossom under Carroll simply because they are both "No worries brah" guys. Which is why Sanchez will never come out after a bad game and say "I stink." Stupid laid back West Coasters.........15 MINUTES NO WORRIES BRAH.
    Flynn did not get a huge contract, his contract is for about 3 years and 15 mill or less that Sanchez is making in this year alone. Sure he has a 3 year 27 mill contract if he wins mvp and the team goes to the bowl.

Flynn got a 6 mill bonus with 2 guaranteed this year and next. If you paying your starter 650,000 per year you can pay his backup 5 mill.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Flynn did not get a huge contract, his contract is for about 3 years and 15 mill or less that Sanchez is making in this year alone. Sure he has a 3 year 27 mill contract if he wins mvp and the team goes to the bowl.

Flynn got a 6 mill bonus with 2 guaranteed this year and next. If you paying your starter 650,000 per year you can pay his backup 5 mill.
    OK, so his contract isn't that huge. Doesn't change the fact that Wilson hasn't exactly lit it up and Carroll's massive ego is what keeps him in as starter there.

Sound familiar?

Our season already ended. Now it's just a matter of getting picks in the #1-#5 range or anywhere after that.

What good does it do us to win enough games to pick #10?

It should be Tebow from now on. He'll lead us to the #1 overall pick. He can lead us to Geno Smith

Jets Insider VIP
    It should be Tebow from now on. He'll lead us to the #1 overall pick. He can lead us to Geno Smith
    This is 100% wrong. Leave Sanchez in and we have a great shot of going 2-14. Bring in Tebow and he will get us 4 or 5 wins and we will be in no mans land in the draft.

It is imperative that sanchez take every snap for the rest of the year. That is the only hop e of us losing out and getting the #1 pick.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I didn't know some were planning to win SB this year.

Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    Our season already ended. Now it's just a matter of getting picks in the #1-#5 range or anywhere after that.

What good does it do us to win enough games to pick #10?

Our history in the draft tells you we will not pick the right player.

Whether its Gholsten or Wilson.......

Pretty much.

The sad part is if Sanchez plays poorly enough this week to lose his job in another loss, I don't see a repeat of what happened in Denver happening here no matter how well Tebow does, other thing simply winning out.

Starting Tebow with a brand new or half ass offensive philosophy against the Patriots....pretty much a certain loss. Starting Tebow in Mark's offense against us in a week...pretty much a certain loss. And keeping Mark one more week if he blows it this weekend, it's still pretty much a certain loss.

The schedule gets easier later but even so, if Jets lose this weekend, you are looking at a very likely 2-5 before a mid season reboot. This isn't the AFC West, and 9-7 or even 10-6 will not win this division.

To make matters worse, 2 teams that at this point look to be in contention for a wild spot would be Pittsburgh and Indy, and if this is a loss, you would end up very close record wise, but they have the head to head advantage.

OK, so his contract isn't that huge. Doesn't change the fact that Wilson hasn't exactly lit it up and Carroll's massive ego is what keeps him in as starter there.

Sound familiar?
    Wilson is a rookie, what do you mean by lighting it up, I think he is playing ok for a rookie, his skill set allows for the projection of a high upside. He drafted wilson in the 3rd rd, he did not project Wilson to start, Wison beat out Flynn, he will give the rookie some time to develop, if by week 10 nno priogrees is being made he will probably switch to Flynn.

if it was a question of ego or pride, he would go with the guy that he put 10 mill in his pocket. Not the day two draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Our history in the draft tells you we will not pick the right player.

Whether its Gholsten or Wilson.......
    Tanny getting fired will fix that issue

Seattle due to Pete Carroll being a massive loser/schmuck/ra-ra/no worries brah.

And I think most Pats fans would have to be in agreement. He talks like he's some legend, but is just a massive douche.

I actually could tie this back to why Mark Sanchez hasn't panned out. He probably would blossom under Carroll simply because they are both "No worries brah" guys. Which is why Sanchez will never come out after a bad game and say "I stink." Stupid laid back West Coasters.........15 MINUTES NO WORRIES BRAH.
    Laughable to who?

There is NO WAY any player should start because of their contract. The best player plays- its somthing the better coaches do.

Carrol has built a good team that should be good for years. Love what he's doing in Seattle.

Btw- Carroll publicated stated Sanchez needed to stay in school and wasn't ready to come out. He was absolutely right.
    Last edited by KR; 10-12-2012 at 10:36 PM.

You may need to talk to a therapist about Pete Carroll...

Did you watch the game? Cro was Revis-like. Not only shutting down AJ but being a nuisance in what was effectively a 15 yard radius around him.

I think practicing next to the technically and mechanically flawless Revis for the past 3 years has rubbed off on Cro, who Rex Ryan has made probably the only accurate talent evaluation of during his entire tenure, Cromartie's physical attributes are nearly limitless. He has displayed a lot of amazing anticipation and technique this year through nearly every game, with the breakdowns coming 8-10 seconds in because the pass rush and d-line have been awful. Man defense inevitably breaks down after a while and Rex's insistence on playing it despite not having a pass rush at all goes to show you that he's been damned good.

The only bright spot on this skid mark isn't yesterday's carrots. It's the Jets defense being 5th against the pass, and you sure as hell can't point at a defense with 5 sacks, 2 of which are from Garret Freaking McIntyre as the reason why.

Landry, Bell, and Cromartie have been very good against the pass so far.
    You don't have to throw if the defense you're playing against can't stop the run.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    @Seattle
    @ St. Louis
    New England

How is that an easy schedule?

Jets will be huge underdogs in each of those games.
    Quote Originally Posted by NowLet'sGoEatAF'NSnack View Post
    Jets will be a huge underdog in St.Louis??? Ummmm..ok
    Not only that, but the Jets play St. Louis and New England in the same week, 3 days apart.

Jets better win tomorrow because we're not seeing another win until December.

SAR I

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I didn't know some were planning to win SB this year.
    Where is RahRah and sg3?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Not only that, but the Jets play St. Louis and New England in the same week, 3 days apart.
    Think Wrecks will give the team another 2 days off?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Where is RahRah and sg3?
    Rah, sg3, Jet Nut

*poof*

Some "loyal" Jets fans they turned out to be.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Think Wrecks will give the team another 2 days off?
    Well let's see...

Jets get shut out in the preseason, Rex has a "Leadership Retreat".

Jets look tired at the end of games, Rex hires a "Sleep Consultant".

Jets look like they're about to be dismantled, Rex hires an "Outplacement Agency".

Sound right, that's his MO.

SAR I

After we beat the Colts and Pats lose to the Seahawks, we will be back in 1st place by the end of the day!

YES!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    After we beat the Colts and Pats lose to the Seahawks, we will be back in 1st place by the end of the day!

YES!!!
    Since the Jets Super Bowl victory over the Pats in the playoffs, they are 10-12.

Since the Jets Super Bowl victory over the Pats in the playoffs, they are 10-12.
    When Brady is able to beat Sanchez in the playoffs, you can talk!