Team needed roster spot, Rex says. #nyj

Sione will be doubtful. Nick Magold is questionable. #nyj

Clyde Gates also listed as doubtful. #nyj

Rex said doctors were optimistic After surgeries for Holmes and Mauga. #nyj

Revis to IR will be today or tomorrow. #nyj

Conor Orr @ConorTOrr
    Both Holmes and Mauga had successful surgeries this week #jets #nyj

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
    Darrelle Revis, who will be placed on season-ending IR, is expected to have ACL surgery on Thursday, according too Rex Ryan. #nyj

Dennis Waszak Jr. @DWAZ73
    Rex Ryan says "it's pretty safe to say" that the roster spot will be filled with a safety in Eric Smith's absence. #Jets
    Last edited by AbstraKt; 10-12-2012 at 02:01 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    Dennis Waszak Jr. @DWAZ73
    Rex Ryan says "it's pretty safe to say" that the roster spot will be filled with a safety in Eric Smith's absence. #Jets

Antonio Allen perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Antonio Allen perhaps?
    From your keyboard to gods ears please

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Antonio Allen perhaps?
    Dennis Waszak Jr. DWAZ73
    That would definitely be my guess. RT @MCaseyNYJ @DWAZ73 Antonio Allen?

Seth Walder @SethWalderNYDN
    Jets could bring in safety from outside, but they also have Antonio Allen on the practice squad. #nyj

Jake Steinberg @Steiny31
    The #Jets are bringing up Antonio Allen to the active roster.

But we need Revis for the Super Bowl?!?!?!!!

Allen is decent.

REX GET THESE YOUNG KIDS ON THE FIELD.

Someone was saying in another thread -- C Mart I believe -- that the Jets should be playing a lot of 4-2-5 looks with the increasingly apparent slowness of the linebacking corps. I hope this happens. Allen is the perfect SS/LB hybrid player (and frankly all our safeties but Bush could play it). They should keep the coverage shell more or less intact: Cro, Wilson, Bell, Landry. Then rotate through Allen, Smith (when he's back), Lankster, and Bush for fifth DB spot. On obvious passing downs, front four should be Wilkerson and DeVito inside, Coples/random OLB outside. I'm no Pettine but it seems clear to me the Jets should be moving toward speed packages at this point. You can't get worse at stopping the run, and it gives you a better chance to counter the spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    Someone was saying in another thread -- C Mart I believe -- that the Jets should be playing a lot of 4-2-5 looks with the increasingly apparent slowness of the linebacking corps. I hope this happens. Allen is the perfect SS/LB hybrid player (and frankly all our safeties but Bush could play it). They should keep the coverage shell more or less intact: Cro, Wilson, Bell, Landry. Then rotate through Allen, Smith (when he's back), Lankster, and Bush for fifth DB spot. On obvious passing downs, front four should be Wilkerson and DeVito inside, Coples/random OLB outside. I'm no Pettine but it seems clear to me the Jets should be moving toward speed packages at this point. You can't get worse at stopping the run, and it gives you a better chance to counter the spread.
    Im with ya, ive been touting the 4-2-5 for a long time.

I would prefer coples and wilk inside on passing downs instead of devito and put maybin as either a 3rd DL or standing up, with demario, harris, allen and 5 DBs.

Jets Insider VIP
    What a joke that Rex waited this long to place Revis on IR. If they didn't need a safety, he'd still be holding out hope for a Super Bowl return.

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
    Darrelle Revis, who will be placed on season-ending IR, is expected to have ACL surgery on Thursday, according too Rex Ryan. #nyj
    I guess we will play in the Super Bowl without Revis.

Confirmed:

Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN
    League source tells NYDN Antonio Allen will be added to the active roster (from practice squad) as corresponding move to Revis. #nyj

Why the hell won't they bring WR Jordan White up or resign Patrick Turner??? They are both better than Clyde F'ing Gates or Jason "who the F?" Hill...

Turner actually had some good mojo going on with Sanchez at the end of last year and Jordon White can actually catch the GD ball...

Why bring in Sporano's rejects? This is where a HC that has even a slight clue about offense would help

Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    Why the hell won't they bring WR Jordan White up or resign Patrick Turner??? They are both better than Clyde F'ing Gates or Jason "who the F?" Hill...

Turner actually had some good mojo going on with Sanchez at the end of last year and Jordon White can actually catch the GD ball...

Why bring in Sporano's rejects? This is where a HC that has even a slight clue about offense would help
    who needs wrs we are a ground and pound team remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    who needs wrs we are a ground and pound team remember.
    Oh yeah that's right... Go Shonn Greene

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Professional wrestler John Cena will be an honorary captain for the Jets on Sunday, per WWE. #nyj

Interesting move by Jets: Pro wrestler John Cena, who is a Mass native & Patriots fan, will be honorary NYJ captain Sun & lead J-E-T-S chant

Professional wrestler John Cena will be an honorary captain for the Jets on Sunday, per WWE. #nyj

Interesting move by Jets: Pro wrestler John Cena, who is a Mass native & Patriots fan, will be honorary NYJ captain Sun & lead J-E-T-S chant
    the circus continues...................

Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post

Have you watched any games this season. Turner had a drop BS SF. White had multiple drops in PS.

Also Gates and Hill have more speed.
    Last edited by C Mart; 10-12-2012 at 11:46 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Have you watched any games this season. Turner had a drop BS SF. White had multiethnic drops in PS.

Also Gates and Hill have more speed.
    wat

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    wat
    Last edited by C Mart; 10-12-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Veteran

thats good. another good move by the jets. like playing that song "here comes the boom, here comes the boys from the south" when we're playing the texans. such a foolish organization.