Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Kerley better then Holmes??

Is Kerley better then Holmes??

From what I've seen he makes more big plays and knows how to get open...more then our diva WR....I say dump Holmes next year...and sign Kerley long term....hes more reliable then Holmes ever was...Holmes is like Curtis Granderson to me-he either hits the home run or strikes out. You cant count on him for a big catch...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

DUMP

Jets Insider VIP
    Holmes has a bad contract and will be tough to get rid of.

But we would be better without him. Hes a cancer and a #2 receiver at best.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    DUMP
    Why is this a dump? besides 2010 Holmes has done nothing but ***** and moan....and dropped crucial passes Kerley is a team player like a Cotchery..

Veteran
    If we could get rid of Holmes... better today than tomorrow.

Veteran
    better in the sense that he is not a di*k head like whenifalliholdmykneeinsteadofmyfoot holmes

The one thing you can see is Sanchez really building a relationship with Kerley, they really seem to be on the same page. I think if we can get that going with Stephen Hill this year it could be a huge positive down the road.....That's going to be my takeaway from this season.

Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    The one thing you can see is Sanchez really building a relationship with Kerley, they really seem to be on the same page. I think if we can get that going with Stephen Hill this year it could be a huge positive down the road.....That's going to be my takeaway from this season.
    +100000000000000 I think that's what the front office wants...... the WR to grow with the QB

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    And this is EXACTLY why Tebow can't be the starter.

I'm not defending Sanchez in the least bit....but....if you want to develop Hill and Kerely, you can't have Tebow in there running a gimmick offense.

I honestly think the franchise will be better off if they stay with Sanchez this year.

Now...try and dump him next year for a real QB. But why go 8-8, miss the playoffs, get a crappy mid round pick with Tebow and the gimmick all the while failing to really develop the young guys, when you can just as easily go 5-11 with Sanchez and at least run a pro-style offense to give the young guys experience.

Hall Of Fame
    Homes is a dirtbag and there are significant reasons to want to part company with him at the earliest opportunity. He also has a huge deal courtesy of this administration so getting rid of him would be taking a large cap hit.

Having said all of that Kerley could not carry Holmes' jock when it comes to being an NFL receiver. The question represents the worst kind of NY Jets fan wishful thinking. Kerley is depth. Santonio Holmes as a former Superbowl MVP who is still physically in his prime. Night and day.

not yet, but real close

Holmes is a far better athlete and his upside is/was higher than Kerley without a doubt.

But he's also kind of a sh*tbag.

Kerley is turning into a very nice NFL-caliber WR.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    +100000000000000 I think that's what the front office wants...... the WR to grow with the QB
    If that's what the FO wants then why do they change WR's more often than most people change their socks?

All Pro
    Absolutely not.

Kerley has a long way to go before he's on that level.

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    From what I've seen he makes more big plays and knows how to get open...more then our diva WR....I say dump Holmes next year...and sign Kerley long term....hes more reliable then Holmes ever was...Holmes is like Curtis Granderson to me-he either hits the home run or strikes out. You cant count on him for a big catch...
    Put down the pipe. Kerley gets open 2-3 plays a game. He does well on those plays but needs to be more consistent. Holmes is a proven NFL receiver, Super Bowl MVP, and very clutch performer in the 4th quarter and OT when the game is on the line for the Jets since he got here.

Not better than Holmes, but a better teammate for sure...

Sanchez is making Kerley look better than he actually is out of desperation

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Absolutely not.

Kerley has a long way to go before he's on that level.
    A level of mediocrity?

Holmes is a d*ck, but it's an insult to compare Kerley with him.

Kerley is a nice player, but he's not a top 25 receiver (or even top 50, for that matter).

Yes. When you average in the negative impact that is Holmes ... Deep Impact Holmes.

All League
    I love Kerley but Holmes has the opponents best corner covering him. Why don't we wait till Kerley has a few games as our #1.

How quickly people forget how many games Holmes single handedly won like 4 games less than 2years ago.