Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yankee Stadium Is Empty

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    waited for an hour to get on a 4 train at 86th street. every train packed

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Stadium seemed pretty much full by 6th inning.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Tickets to this game is expensive which means many of the people that could afford these seats have real jobs and can't get to the game by 5 on a weekday. Place will be rocking late in the game assuming they can get some hits at some point.

By the way, thank god I am a Yankee fan and not a Mets fan or I would be pretty depressed this time of year.
    nope. no one in the history of employment has ever left work early on a Friday.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    People do not want to sit and watch the Yankees get 3 hits, score 1 run and lose to the Orioles again in extra innings.
    Actually, they do. Sure, from a the point of view of folks that like a dozen home runs a game, it sucks. But to see 12 innings of a 1-1 tie, that was an amazing display of great pitching from both sides of the diamond.

I had a great time at the game last night. I would have loved to see the game end in a Yankee victory, but it was still an edge of your seat, nail biter. I guess it is just a glass half-empty thing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rgoltsch View Post
    Actually, they do. Sure, from a the point of view of folks that like a dozen home runs a game, it sucks. But to see 12 innings of a 1-1 tie, that was an amazing display of great pitching from both sides of the diamond.

I had a great time at the game last night. I would have loved to see the game end in a Yankee victory, but it was still an edge of your seat, nail biter. I guess it is just a glass half-empty thing.
    Or a stadium half empty thing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Starting that game @5pm on a Fri was asinine. Went last night, and the stadium didn't start filling in until the 3rd inning. Traffic was bad last night, LIE and Triboro were at a stand still heading to the game.
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 10-15-2012 at 01:21 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was there Saturday night and the place was empty