Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yankee Stadium Is Empty

JetsInsider.com Legend

Yankee Stadium Is Empty

I realize it's 5 PM on Friday, but this is ridiculous.

I guess the Jets fans aren't too bad now, are they? PSL's work.

SAR I

They're all stuck in traffic? Bet it will be full by the 4th (if CC slows down a little)

All Pro
    "Calm down Beavis"Work day 5pm start , people do have to work. Give it some time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Maybe it's because the starting pitcher is Mark Sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    People do not want to sit and watch the Yankees get 3 hits, score 1 run and lose to the Orioles again in extra innings.

Jets Insider VIP
    Had a heck of a time finding people to go today. Must have gone thru 50+ clients to finally find one. Other set of tix went to a employee... people just do not want to go....

Tickets to this game is expensive which means many of the people that could afford these seats have real jobs and can't get to the game by 5 on a weekday. Place will be rocking late in the game assuming they can get some hits at some point.

By the way, thank god I am a Yankee fan and not a Mets fan or I would be pretty depressed this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I realize it's 5 PM on Friday, but this is ridiculous.

I guess the Jets fans aren't too bad now, are they? PSL's work.

SAR I
    Was just saying the same thing earlier. There were close to 10,000 tickets on SH late last night. If it was the Jets, there would be 100 articles and multiple threads saying how bad Jet fans are....and yes, I get it 500pm, cold weather, but still pretty amazing.

Except in Atlanta, the city with the worst traffic and the fact that no one lives in the actual city, people would be saying that Braves fans don't care.

Double standard. Plus there's only 8 million people living in NYC. Pretty sad. NY fans have no right to talk sh!t about Atlanta fans anymore. Besides the fact that the Dome has been sold out for years going back to the Vick days. You can't even give away a Jets ticket right now.

Quote Originally Posted by fivewide View Post
    Was just saying the same thing earlier. There were close to 10,000 tickets on SH late last night. If it was the Jets, there would be 100 articles and multiple threads saying how bad Jet fans are....and yes, I get it 500pm, cold weather, but still pretty amazing.
    Have a partial plan for the Yanks. They allowed us to buy a pair to each series during the presale. Wasn't going to take the "if necessary game" over the sure thing. Gametime wasn't announced til last night but 5pm is tough on no notice. Also. if they win tonight, many have tix for tomorrow. Yankees have sent me 3 emails today to let me know tix are available. All that and its flippin cold.

All League
    Still empty.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Still empty.
    I don't think it's going to get any better.

How many tickets were on Stubhub right before the first pitch?

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    People do not want to sit and watch the Yankees get 3 hits, score 1 run and lose to the Orioles again in extra innings.
    Very true, just like the Jets the style of play dictates how many people show up. It is entertainment after all.

I'm a huge Yankee fan, I don't think I like the double standard though. The press, Twitter everybody's all over the Jets about the lack of a sellout how embarrassing it is, Yankees getting off. I get why, doesn't mean I like it.

SAR I

I don't think it's going to get any better.

How many tickets were on Stubhub right before the first pitch?

SAR I
    They shut down SH a couple of hours before for MLB. There were a 2-3k left plus Yanks sent out 3 emails today with "newly released" tickets via TM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Maybe it's because the starting pitcher is Mark Sanchez.
    Good one.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Except in Atlanta, the city with the worst traffic and the fact that no one lives in the actual city, people would be saying that Braves fans don't care.

Double standard. Plus there's only 8 million people living in NYC. Pretty sad. NY fans have no right to talk sh!t about Atlanta fans anymore. Besides the fact that the Dome has been sold out for years going back to the Vick days. You can't even give away a Jets ticket right now.
    The Atlanta Braves fanbase is one of the worst in sports.

Hall Of Fame
    Very true, just like the Jets the style of play dictates how many people show up. It is entertainment after all.

I'm a huge Yankee fan, I don't think I like the double standard though. The press, Twitter everybody's all over the Jets about the lack of a sellout how embarrassing it is, Yankees getting off. I get why, doesn't mean I like it.

SAR I
    There's a monumental difference between a fan base that has seen so many championships that they are satisfied enough to stay home... and the Jets

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    The Atlanta Braves fanbase is one of the worst in sports.
    That's because nobody living here is originally from Georgia, and the ones that are rather watch cars make lefthand turns.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jackhuntr View Post
    That's because nobody living here is originally from Georgia, and the ones that are rather watch cars make lefthand turns.
    Lmao...my bro in law is in Georgia and his whole block is folks from other states. He bought Falcons season tickets to stay involved even though he is a Giant fan. I've gone to a ton of Falcons games on his dime.

A game is a game to me.

place eventually got packed