Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 158

Thread: Yankees vs. Tigers -- 2012 ALCS

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Jgrlica3 View Post
    Just pulled tonite's starting lineup off MLB.com. No A-Rod, no Swisher

    Gardner, B, LF
    Suzuki, I, RF
    Teixeira, M, 1B
    Cano, R, 2B
    Ibanez, R, DH
    Martin, R, C
    Chavez, E, 3B
    Granderson, C, CF
    Nunez, E, SS
    Francessa blowing a gasket now. Repeating himself over and over. Sounds like he is going to have a stroke.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Francessa blowing a gasket now. Repeating himself over and over. Sounds like he is going to have a stroke.
    He's right. No reason for Nunez to be in there. Not to mention Ibanez should be clean-up.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    I woulda started Arod at SS. Nunez is shaky.
    Should be nix at SS and Arod at 3b. Chavez has been almost worse than Arod and Nunez can't play the field or hit righties.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    He's right. No reason for Nunez to be in there. Not to mention Ibanez should be clean-up.
    yeah he is.Nunez is a error machine.Nix has been swinging the bat ok

    I would have put Chavez at 3rd and arod at short.

  5. #65
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Finally had the balls to bench Swisher. Thank god. Even if Gardner goes 0-5, I'm still happy.

    As far as Nunez at SS, eh. I'm not thrilled about it but I like his bat in there a lot.

  6. #66
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,142
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    Should be nix at SS and Arod at 3b. Chavez has been almost worse than Arod and Nunez can't play the field or hit righties.
    I don't mind Chavez at 3rd. Verlander is hell on everyone, but a lefty bat has a better chance against him.

    I would've had Chavez at 3rd and Arod over Nunez at Short.

  7. #67
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,811
    Yanks FO trying to assassinate A-Rod. Or he is hurt. He looks hurt. His bat speed is awful.

  8. #68
    I don't like Chavez for this game. He has been really bad so far this postseason and he was on a terrible slide ending the season. Arod had a well hit ball caught and a hit in game 2 and has a decent history against Verlander. I have more faith in his bat than in Chavez. It reeks of overmanaging.

    Taking swish out is a good move and you need grandersons glove. So I get that. Don't like Gardy leading off with how little live pitching he's seen.

  9. #69
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,142
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yanks FO trying to assassinate A-Rod. Or he is hurt. He looks hurt. His bat speed is awful.
    1 Pitch recognition
    2 Confidence

    then maybe bat speed.

  10. #70
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,989
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    I don't like Chavez for this game. He has been really bad so far this postseason and he was on a terrible slide ending the season. Arod had a well hit ball caught and a hit in game 2 and has a decent history against Verlander. I have more faith in his bat than in Chavez. It reeks of overmanaging.

    Taking swish out is a good move and you need grandersons glove. So I get that. Don't like Gardy leading off with how little live pitching he's seen.
    Is Girardi adding character into the equation?

    Win or lose, I have no problem with Arod and Swish sitting.

    Both have been distractions through their non-hitting, actions and words.

    If we lose without them, so be it.

    -

  11. #71
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,989
    Wtf Cano.





    I know this is paranoia....but are these guys shutting down on purpose?

    Wtf happened?



  12. #72
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,989
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I think if Phil can limit himself to one or two of his patented home run gopher balls...we will win.


    -
    Well....there's one.







    -

  13. #73
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,811
    Jeez. That was a short leash.

  14. #74
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,989
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Jeez. That was a short leash.
    He left with an injury.

    -

  15. #75
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,811
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    He left with an injury.

    -
    Did he?

    I have been watching the debate. Hope he is OK. What happened?

  16. #76
    Austin Jackson and Curtis Granderson are exhibit A of why Cashman has to go. Jackson is a gap hitter with speed who you can manufacture runs with and as a bonus he actually hits in the playoffs. Grandy is a very good powerhitter but he's the same thing as Swisher he just feasts on mediocre pitching in the regular season and then goes 0-40 in the playoffs.

    Take away the short porch in rightfield in Yankee stadium and Granderson loses about 15 hrs in the regular season.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 10-16-2012 at 10:55 PM.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    1 Pitch recognition
    2 Confidence

    then maybe bat speed.
    Not just bat speed. Arod's been terrible in the playoffs his entire career except for 2009 when Kate Hudson was distracting him.

    What happened to guys like Paul O'Neill and Tino Martinez? Not superstars but they always played hard and put it on the line in the playoffs. Swisher, Arod, Grandy - these are all stat guys.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 10-16-2012 at 10:52 PM.

  18. #78
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,557
    Oh look. Nunez provides the only run.

  19. #79
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,512
    The only thing worse than this uninspiring performance is hearing Springsteen's miserable, unintelligible whining during the commercial breaks.

  20. #80
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    The only thing worse than this uninspiring performance is hearing Springsteen's miserable, unintelligible whining during the commercial breaks.
    Lol!

    Cano up, Tex on.

    Stranger things...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us