Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees vs. Tigers -- 2012 ALCS

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    This offense just makes me sick. They are a pathetic bunch of losers who have a long track record of coming up small when it counts.

Perhaps Cashman will find some winners this off-season.
    Sickening

Hall Of Fame
    Where is Paul Oneill when you need him to break some stuff in the dugout. Must be killing him to watch these "big stars" come up so small.

All League
    Tigers fans going nuts. "Leyland is a senile old fool who must be fired immediately.."

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Jeter had to be helped off the field in the 12th, looks like a pretty bad injury to his left leg.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Broken ankle. Jeter's done for the year. ****.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    At least we still have ARod

All Pro
    If Joe is going to bench and pinch hit for A-Rod, he has to do the same for Swisher now, too.

The guy misplayed two balls in RF last night and it cost them at least 2 runs. A good RF catches both of those -- and doubles up Cabrera on the 1st one. Nick isn't producing at the plate and he's now playing a crappy RF. Sit his ass down. I think we've all seen enough.

They can't afford to carry dead weight anymore now that Jeter is done. Every man has to do his job if they're going to win this series, and Swisher has proven over the last 4 years that he's incapable of doing his part in October.

Terrible blow to the Yankees. This town has lost some great players this year. Mo Rivera, Revis and now Jeter.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    If Joe is going to bench and pinch hit for A-Rod, he has to do the same for Swisher now, too.

The guy misplayed two balls in RF last night and it cost them at least 2 runs. A good RF catches both of those -- and doubles up Cabrera on the 1st one. Nick isn't producing at the plate and he's now playing a crappy RF. Sit his ass down. I think we've all seen enough.

They can't afford to carry dead weight anymore now that Jeter is done. Every man has to do his job if they're going to win this series, and Swisher has proven over the last 4 years that he's incapable of doing his part in October.
    It's a joke anyone would call this guy a good outfielder. It's time to bench his ass.

Swisher is exposed in October because he can't do one thing. Hit good pitching. He can take pitches and walk. He can hit bad pitching. But he can't swing the bat against good pitchers. That's where all the stat and OBP guys have it all wrong. Batting average does matter. The guys who have good averages are better players cause they can actually hit. See Ichiro, Jeter

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    Terrible blow to the Yankees. This town has lost some great players this year. Mo Rivera, Revis and now Jeter.
    What about Holmes?

"He's gone...and we could do nothing about it."

***NSFW***

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk-a1RAX2mU

Cano has been as bad as anybody in this series at the plate, and now he cost us a run because he couldn't turn a double play.

Hall Of Fame
    Cano needs to be pulled. 0-25 stretch, not running hard down to first base and now he just botched that DP for Kuroda who has been spectacular.

Considering you can make the case to bench 5 or 6 guys.. I see no point in doing it now. Changes need to be made in the lineup.

Goodbye Swisher, trade Granderson. We are unfortunately stuck with A-Rod.
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 10-14-2012 at 06:14 PM.

3rd straight playoff game not sold out.

All Pro
    Bench swisher. Ichiro in right. Gardner in left. Never put Swisher in a game again.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Bench swisher. Ichiro in right. Gardner in left. Never put Swisher in a game again.
    Joe is watching the same thing we are for the past 4 years and he hasn't realized that Swisher is a waste of oxygen in October. Doubt he finally comes around now.

It's unbelievable.

On the bright side, this is the last year he will infect the lineup in the playoffs. There is no way Cashman brings him back.

Pathetic

Doug Fister, Anibel Sanchez, Jason Hammel not exactly Cy Young candidates and these Yankee bums can't buy a hit. Not asking for a home run every time up but could we string together a couple of singles in 7 games? I wouldn't be shocked if Verlander pitches a no hitter tomorrow. Seriously!!cashman has to blow this team up. Granderson is the Dave Kingman of the Yankees, Swisher--if I have to see that stupid village idiot grin one more game....Cano has taken a serious step back this year. Arod ...why beat a dead horse. Unwatchable. Show some emotion! Sorry, I'm done.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by morgue man View Post
    Doug Fister, Anibel Sanchez, Jason Hammel not exactly Cy Young candidates and these Yankee bums can't buy a hit. Not asking for a home run every time up but could we string together a couple of singles in 7 games? I wouldn't be shocked if Verlander pitches a no hitter tomorrow. Seriously!!cashman has to blow this team up. Granderson is the Dave Kingman of the Yankees, Swisher--if I have to see that stupid village idiot grin one more game....Cano has taken a serious step back this year. Arod ...why beat a dead horse. Unwatchable. Show some emotion! Sorry, I'm done.
    My hopes weren't high and I didn't think this group had a good chance at winning the WS, and we've all known they are feast or famine offensively. We know they don't score unless they hit homers.

But I didn't think the pitching would be THIS good. They have gotten a very good outing every single game and the offense has fallen flat on their faces.

With any sort of offense, this is a championship caliber team. But the O is just SOOOOO bad.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by morgue man View Post
    This line up as a whole seems totally inflexible. Guys dont seem to have the ability or desire to change their approach at the plate.

What a waste of good pitiching.

-