Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 158

Thread: Yankees vs. Tigers -- 2012 ALCS

  1. #41
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,320
    Lmao....Alice Rodriguez with a two out hit.



  2. #42
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Lmao....Alice Rodriguez with a two out hit.


    It didn't matter.

    The blackhole of Rodriguez-Granderson-Swisher was bound to end the game, no matter what.

    Why Girardi puts these guys all in a row is beyond me.

    What has he been watching? He must think it's June.

  3. #43
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Game 3... Joe has to shake things up to get a jolt out of this offense. He won't. They will lose.

  4. #44
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,694
    Lineup for Game 3

    Ichiro RF
    Nunez SS
    Tex 1B
    Ibanez LF
    Chavez 3B
    Nix 2B
    Martin DH
    Stewart C
    Gardner CF

  5. #45
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    Lineup for Game 3

    Ichiro RF
    Nunez SS
    Tex 1B
    Ibanez LF
    Chavez 3B
    Nix 2B
    Martin DH
    Stewart C
    Gardner CF
    That will never happen. And they would have no chance to win even if it did.

    They have to keep giving Cano chances. Part of his problems are just bad calls and bad luck IMO. The strikezone always seems to expand when he's at the plate. Also, he is hitting balls hard.

    Swisher, Granderson and A-Rod look overmatched. Granderson and A-Rod at least play good defense.

    Swisher is the first guy who should sit without a doubt. He should not see the field again this season unless there is an injury. And there is a very logical replacement for him in the lineup. Gardner is a very easy move to make. He's a LH hitter against a staff full of RHP and he's a great defensive player. This is a move they should have made for Game 2.

    A-Rod is next, especially against Verlander. Give Chavez the start.

    Granderson has to play because there isn't really a replacement for him. Just bat him 9th.

    Gardner LF
    Ichiro RF
    Tex 1B
    Ibanez DH
    Cano 2B
    Chavez 3B
    Martin C
    Nix SS
    Granderson CF
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 10-14-2012 at 08:03 PM.

  6. #46
    Wow bats are so dead

    It's a shame I think we were all worried about the pitching going into the playoffs,but the pitching has been great.

    Let Swish go in the offseason.Trade Granderson.Should be able to I believe he has a reasonable contract

  7. #47
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,694
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    That will never happen. And they would have no chance to win even if it did.

    They have to keep giving Cano chances. Part of his problems are just bad calls and bad luck IMO. The strikezone always seems to expand when he's at the plate. Also, he is hitting balls hard.

    Swisher, Granderson and A-Rod look overmatched. Granderson and A-Rod at least play good defense.

    Swisher is the first guy who should sit without a doubt. He should not see the field again this season unless there is an injury. And there is a very logical replacement for him in the lineup. Gardner is a very easy move to make. He's a LH hitter against a staff full of RHP and he's a great defensive player. This is a move they should have made for Game 2.

    A-Rod is next, especially against Verlander. Give Chavez the start.

    Granderson has to play because there isn't really a replacement for him. Just bat him 9th.

    Gardner LF
    Ichiro RF
    Tex 1B
    Ibanez DH
    Cano 2B
    Chavez 3B
    Martin C
    Nix SS
    Granderson CF
    I was kidding.

  8. #48
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,516
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    That will never happen. And they would have no chance to win even if it did.

    They have to keep giving Cano chances. Part of his problems are just bad calls and bad luck IMO. The strikezone always seems to expand when he's at the plate. Also, he is hitting balls hard.

    Swisher, Granderson and A-Rod look overmatched. Granderson and A-Rod at least play good defense.

    Swisher is the first guy who should sit without a doubt. He should not see the field again this season unless there is an injury. And there is a very logical replacement for him in the lineup. Gardner is a very easy move to make. He's a LH hitter against a staff full of RHP and he's a great defensive player. This is a move they should have made for Game 2.

    A-Rod is next, especially against Verlander. Give Chavez the start.

    Granderson has to play because there isn't really a replacement for him. Just bat him 9th.

    Gardner LF
    Ichiro RF
    Tex 1B
    Ibanez DH
    Cano 2B
    Chavez 3B
    Martin C
    Nix SS
    Granderson CF
    I don't understand how or why Nick Swisher was brought back for 2012. He should have been benched for Gardner the last series. I don't know what they are waiting for. He cost us the game defensively last night. And he should have caught that foul ball today. Gardner can strike out just as easily and provide better defense.

  9. #49
    It's frustrating beyond belief watching these guys. I can understand struggling against a guy who is pitching lights out but neither one of these clowns Detroit threw at us did that. They were hanging pitches over the plate all game long and generally tossing hittable pitches. Yankee batters are swinging for the fences at pitches in the dirt and whiffing at hittable pitches over the heart of the plate. They can't make contact with a RISP to save their friggin lives.

    Arod and Swisher should be benched for the remainder of the playoffs. I don't even want to see those bums on the bench. Aside for that I really don't know what else I'd do as a manger in regards to the rest of this lineup. Nobody except for Ibanez and Ichiro is hitting with any sort of consistency. I'd add Jeter up there to but he's of course gone for the remainder of the playoffs.

    What can a manger do with a roster filled with overpaid choke artists?

  10. #50
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,972
    [QUOTE=IHATEDOLPHINS;4645443)

    Let Swish go in the offseason.[/QUOTE]

    Agreed! Everybody likes Swish, but his constant choking in October, and his two errors, which cost us the game last night was enough for me. I don't want to see him next year.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Not to mention one of the world's biggest douchebags. I wish he was here so I could punch him in the face.
    I used to think he was a d-bag as well...but don't think he is anymore...just a free spirit. Sux he can't hit in the post season, he's def costing himself alot of $$ for his next contract

  12. #52
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    I used to think he was a d-bag as well...but don't think he is anymore...just a free spirit. Sux he can't hit in the post season, he's def costing himself alot of $$ for his next contract
    Agree.

    I don't think he's an ass, he's probably a good guy to have around the clubhouse as well. But man does he suck in October.

    You're right. He cost himself A LOT of money because with his regular season production, he's probably a $12-15-million a year guy -- no playoff contender is going to sign him to that kind of money with his track record.

  13. #53
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,192
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Agree.

    I don't think he's an ass, he's probably a good guy to have around the clubhouse as well. But man does he suck in October.

    You're right. He cost himself A LOT of money because with his regular season production, he's probably a $12-15-million a year guy -- no playoff contender is going to sign him to that kind of money with his track record.
    He strikes me as a guy who loves to play baseball, and is having a great time. Kind of a big, goofy kid. I actually like him alot, but you can't hit .030 in playoff crunch time, and do it year after year, and then play bad defense on top of it.

  14. #54
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    So is there ANY chance -- even .01% -- that the Yanks knock Verlander around tonight and win this game?

    A snowball's chance in hell?

    Or do they already have tee times for this weekend?

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    So is there ANY chance -- even .01% -- that the Yanks knock Verlander around tonight and win this game?

    A snowball's chance in hell?

    Or do they already have tee times for this weekend?
    The talent is there to do it. But sweet jeebus, I see a shutout coming...

  16. #56
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,694
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    So is there ANY chance -- even .01% -- that the Yanks knock Verlander around tonight and win this game?

    A snowball's chance in hell?

    Or do they already have tee times for this weekend?
    I think they're gonna win tonight.

  17. #57
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,320
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    So is there ANY chance -- even .01% -- that the Yanks knock Verlander around tonight and win this game?

    A snowball's chance in hell?

    Or do they already have tee times for this weekend?
    I think if Phil can limit himself to one or two of his patented home run gopher balls...we will win.

    Its not on the same level, but I remember us hitting Pedro when no one thought we would...and we have hit Verlander before.

    I think alot is on Girardi to get them into the right mindset, and this worries me. I dont think he's a particularly inspirational guy...plus he buried his father yesterday.


    Dont forget either, this same sort of pall was hanging over Boston in 2004 coming into Yankee stadium.

    -

  18. #58
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I think if Phil can limit himself to one or two of his patented home run gopher balls...we will win.

    Its not on the same level, but I remember us hitting Pedro when no one thought we would...and we have hit Verlander before.

    I think alot is on Girardi to get them into the right mindset, and this worries me. I dont think he's a particularly inspirational guy...plus he buried his father yesterday.


    Dont forget either, this same sort of pall was hanging over Boston in 2004 coming into Yankee stadium.

    -
    Call me crazy, but I feel like this series is aligning for some sort of wild resurgence. Nobody is giving them a chance, most experts are saying they'll get swept... and maybe they will.

    But a Yanks win tonight could totally crush Detroit's spirit.

    It does remind me a of 2004 -- only difference is I don't have WS tix this time

  19. #59
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    131
    Just pulled tonite's starting lineup off MLB.com. No A-Rod, no Swisher

    Gardner, B, LF
    Suzuki, I, RF
    Teixeira, M, 1B
    Cano, R, 2B
    Ibanez, R, DH
    Martin, R, C
    Chavez, E, 3B
    Granderson, C, CF
    Nunez, E, SS

  20. #60
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Jgrlica3 View Post
    Just pulled tonite's starting lineup off MLB.com. No A-Rod, no Swisher

    Gardner, B, LF
    Suzuki, I, RF
    Teixeira, M, 1B
    Cano, R, 2B
    Ibanez, R, DH
    Martin, R, C
    Chavez, E, 3B
    Granderson, C, CF
    Nunez, E, SS
    I woulda started Arod at SS. Nunez is shaky.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us