Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Yankees vs. Tigers -- 2012 ALCS

So who is gone from next years team

I think

Swisher,Jones,Martin,Soriano(I think he ops out and cashes in on his big year)

Granderson is a maybe,A-rod I'm sure they will try..but that contract is gonna make it hard.They will have to eat most of it.

What do you guys think?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Yanks should make a play for him in a few years. Maybe Fielder Jr. can lead the Yanks to the 2016 WS, 20 years after his pops.
    No....no more "stars" from other teams.

lol

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post

I think

Granderson is a maybe,A-rod I'm sure they will try..but that contract is gonna make it hard.They will have to eat most of it.

What do you guys think?

Love Mariano...but....is it time? THey might have to pay SOriano...and put in a clause to not pull his friggin shirt out like a perp after every win.

-

Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post

I think

What do you guys think?
    I think the guys out will be:

Jones (age/performance), Ichiro (age/they choose between Ichiro and Ibanez and I think Ibanez is the lefty bat off the bench), Swisher (free agent/performance), A-Rod (trade), Soriano (opt out), Hughes (trade)

I think they probably entertain Mo for a 1 year deal and also flirt with Drob as the closer of the future. I think they shop Hughes and probably get a very nice return. I'm thinking they explore the Justin Upton rumors.

I stay away from Hamilton and BJ Upton, but I'd like to see them make a move on Michael Bourn. Granderson stays, option is cheap and he still plays a great centerfield and has nice speed.

I think they can resign Andy and Kuroda. Kuroda probably would be more expensive. Pineda comes into the fold. Nova probably comes back. Pitching free agency looks thin. Don't know if I want to take a chance with Anibal Sanchez or a Shaun Marcum.

there are plenty of relievers out there to be had, so I think they can mock up and holes in the bullpen they may get.

the key is how does the A-Rod situation work out, can Pineda pitch, and do they have any kids that can step up and make the team.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    I think they probably entertain Mo for a 1 year deal and also flirt with Drob as the closer of the future. I think they shop Hughes and probably get a very nice return. I'm thinking they explore the Justin Upton rumors.
    Rivera definitely comes back as long as he wants to.

Hughes isn't bringing back all that much. Surely not the centerpiece to a deal for Upton.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    I think the guys out will be:

Jones (age/performance), Ichiro (age/they choose between Ichiro and Ibanez and I think Ibanez is the lefty bat off the bench), Swisher (free agent/performance), A-Rod (trade), Soriano (opt out), Hughes (trade)

I stay away from Hamilton and BJ Upton, but I'd like to see them make a move on Michael Bourn. Granderson stays, option is cheap and he still plays a great centerfield and has nice speed.

I think they can resign Andy and Kuroda. Kuroda probably would be more expensive. Pineda comes into the fold. Nova probably comes back. Pitching free agency looks thin. Don't know if I want to take a chance with Anibal Sanchez or a Shaun Marcum.

there are plenty of relievers out there to be had, so I think they can mock up and holes in the bullpen they may get.

the key is how does the A-Rod situation work out, can Pineda pitch, and do they have any kids that can step up and make the team.
    I actually think they try to hold on to Ichiro. He has at least one more year in him IMO. He's probably the opening day starter in RF.

And they could probably keep Ibanez, too.

I won't be surprised to see them ship Hughes for a bat. But who?

It'll be interesting to see how Pineda works out.

And who, if anyone, is worth bringing up from the minors?

A-Rod has to be done here. They can't bench him like this and expect everything to be OK.

Soriano had a hard time getting paid last time, I doubt he cashes in if he doesn't come back.

I think A-Rod and Swisher are definitely goners. I think there is a chance they might trade Granderson, but I think they will look at the 40+ HRs the last 2 seasons and keep him, but I wouldn't extend him.

I would like to upgrade at catcher over Martin, we need more well rounded hitters, not these HR or nothing guys.

Not sure if they will bring back Ichiro, might be useful to sign back if cheap.

I would bring back Kuroda and Pettitte if they are willing to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I actually think they try to hold on to Ichiro. He has at least one more year in him IMO. He's probably the opening day starter in RF.

A-Rod has to be done here. They can't bench him like this and expect everything to be OK.

I would not expect Pineda to do much next season, I really hope he can make a return after the shoulder injury.

A-Rod is definitely a goner, noway they bring him back. They will have to eat most of the contract, but they will ship him off somewhere for some relief and to get him off the team. A-Rod said he would love to play in Miami, so I would try shipping him off there.

Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    Rivera definitely comes back as long as he wants to.

Hughes isn't bringing back all that much. Surely not the centerpiece to a deal for Upton.
    i think you are underselling Hughes. he is 26, won 16 games with the Yankees pitching to a 4.23 and had a pretty good postseason. I think a national league team sees him as a top of the rotation guy. Hughes is still a very highly regarded young pitcher.

A-Rod has to be done here. Th
    ey can't bench him like this and expect everything to be OK.

I think having two 40 year old lefty bats would be a problem, and I don't know if Ichiro can play everyday in the outfield. Ibanez is a bit more of a threat off the bench and can DH. Not sure if you want to start the DH merry-go-round with Ichiro, Jeter, and Ibanez. i didn't like how that worked this season. If Ibanez is the everyday DH against righties and you can DH someone against lefties you could have a solid bottom of the lineup bat combo.

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Soriano had a hard time getting paid last time, I doubt he cashes in if he doesn't come back.

I think A-Rod and Swisher are definitely goners. I think there is a chance they might trade Granderson, but I think they will look at the 40+ HRs the last 2 seasons and keep him, but I wouldn't extend him.

I would like to upgrade at catcher over Martin, we need more well rounded hitters, not these HR or nothing guys.

Not sure if they will bring back Ichiro, might be useful to sign back if cheap.

I would bring back Kuroda and Pettitte if they are willing to come back.
    I'd like to see them bring in Mike Napoli (I know his defense gets maligned). He had a rough year in 2012 which may mean he can be fairly cheap and has upside. 30 years old, .260 hitter with 20+ HR potential. Has a little bit of toughness in him. I think he can be a decent upgrade from Martin and a place holder behind the plate until one of the kids can make it up to the majors in a few seasons.

I think they can make an A-rod move work, even if they have to bring in more than one team to do it. Don't expect much back. Heck, maybe a three team deal. A-Rod to Miami, Bell to the Angels, and Wells to NYY. Wells tries to play everyday and worse case he splits DH with Ibanez.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    How much of ARod's contract are they willing to eat?

Who cares?

Part of being a Yankees fan is taking the sh!t talk from the haters when they don't win. I expect it.

Those jokers wish their teams could contend every single year like the Yankees do. I take comfort in knowing that this is the best organization in sports.
    LOLZ....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    LOLZ....
    Coming from....wait for it....a Met fan....

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Coming from....wait for it....a Met fan....

After that Yankee debacle, they get to laugh today. We deserve it after that pitiful performance/ouster.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    After that Yankee debacle, they get to laugh today. We deserve it after that pitiful performance/ouster.
    Actually no, Tigers fans do. That's it.

However, that said, I would like to take a second here to give some kudos to Tucker. You really turned things around this summer. Your Yankee hating has clearly declined and you're a much better poster for it. You've not only shifted most of your focus to your Mets, but you've actually been able to contribute to adult conversation in Yankee threads. As a result of this, this forum too us a better place.

Nice job. And thanks.

Hall Of Fame
    Honestly, who gives a **** if Mets fan find joy in the Yanks losing in the ALCS?

The Mets and their fans have never and will never be a threat to the Yankees or Yankees fans. Misery loves company and they have a lot of misery.

It has gotten to the point where I actually root for the Mets b.c I feel sorry for their fans. I hope they enjoy this sliver of joy even though it has nothing to do with their team b.c their team will rarely be a source of joy for them so they are forced to look elsewhere.

let swisher go
    trade granderson
    sign cano to long term deal
    resign ichiro
    resign ibanez
    let andruw jones go
    resign martin if you can get him on the cheap
    MO will be back, so Soriano is gone

Ichiro, Gardner and FA pickup in OF
    same infield

Nunez and some other FA pickups on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Actually no, Tigers fans do. That's it.

However, that said, I would like to take a second here to give some kudos to Tucker. You really turned things around this summer. Your Yankee hating has clearly declined and you're a much better poster for it. You've not only shifted most of your focus to your Mets, but you've actually been able to contribute to adult conversation in Yankee threads. As a result of this, this forum too us a better place.

Nice job. And thanks.
    Is it possible to "grow up" in a forum?? With 2 kids, one on the way & a house in the burbs....I say YES. Focusing on the Mets has been the goal...appreciate the kudos, JP

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Is it possible to "grow up" in a forum?? With 2 kids, one on the way & a house in the burbs....I say YES. Focusing on the Mets has been the goal...appreciate the kudos, JP
    Congrats on the pending arrival