Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So... wrestling is still pretty popular I take it.

So... wrestling is still pretty popular I take it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...orary-captain/

Wrestler John Cena will serve as Jets’ honorary captain

The line between pro football and pro wrestling will further be blurred on Sunday.

That’s when WWE star John Cena serves as the honorary captain of the Jets before Sunday’s game against the Colts, according to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News.

As Mehta points out, Cena is actually a Massachusetts native and a Patriots fan.

The Jets likely were willing to ignore that fact given that MetLife Stadium will be hosting WrestleMania in April.

Jets fans may not be quite as understanding.

The bigger question is whether the Jets’ final pre-election home game will feature former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney as the honorary captain.

All Pro
    It continues to be popular among its core audience: closeted homosexuals and adolescent boys frightened of girls/puberty.

All League
    The Jets honorary captain is a Pats fan from Mass.... that pretty much sums up this season.
    Last edited by JetBidi; 10-13-2012 at 02:50 AM.

People in Massachusetts don't even like Cena but he's our honorary Captain lol.
    All I can do is laugh right now...

I hope he gets boo'ed out of the stadium. I hope it's so loud he's scared for his life and just leaves. This season is embarrassing enough without having a professional wrestler who is also a Patsie fan be our freaking team Captain.

Seriously, this is just what I wanted to hear the week before we have to go to Gillette stadium with this crappy team.

Why not make him our starting quarterback?

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    It continues to be popular among its core audience: closeted homosexuals and adolescent boys frightened of girls/puberty.
    really?

tell me how watching wrestling is any different from watching the Sopranos. it's entertainment, neither is real.

or is the Sopranos also for closeted homosexuals?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    really?

tell me how watching wrestling is any different from watching the Sopranos. it's entertainment, neither is real.

or is the Sopranos also for closeted homosexuals?
    No. Just wrestling.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Someone's wrestling with gay tendencies....

really?

tell me how watching wrestling is any different from the Sopranos?
    I'd say the tight spandex and the pretty much naked well oiled muscular man bodies all rubbing against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    I'd say the tight spandex and the pretty much naked well oiled muscular man bodies all rubbing against each other.
    yet UFC is masculine and tough right? that's a man's sport.

far more rubbing against each other in UFC than you would ever see in a wrestling ring.

yet UFC is masculine and tough right? that's a man's sport.

far more rubbing against each other in UFC than you would ever see in a wrestling ring.
    UFC is real.

so because it's real, then the "pretty much naked well oiled muscular man bodies all rubbing against each other" isn't for "closeted homosexuals"?

only wrestling. right.

so because it's real, then the "pretty much naked well oiled muscular man bodies all rubbing against each other" isn't for "closeted homosexuals"?

only wrestling. right.
    Not gonna win this bud. Quit while you're not buried yet.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

UFC is pretty gay too, but in a more S&M kind of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Not gonna win this bud. Quit while you're not buried yet.
    ha, buried. a wrestling term.

i'm not trying to win an argument, i'm just simply pointing out that simply because i watch wrestling as a 26 year old, that does not make me a closet homosexual, nor am I wrestling with gay tendencies.

it's entertainment. the same reason there's a Walking Dead thread right below this, entertainment.

and because this entertainment is scripted, that's what makes two men wrestling gay? but when it's unscripted as UFC is, totally fine. isn't that a double standard. regardless of the type of competition, it's still two dudes in a ring or a cage rubbing up against each other.

don't doubt the athleticism of what these guys do. sure the matches are predetermined, but that doesn't make what they're doing in the ring "fake". there's as many injuries in a WWE ring as there is in any other sport.

but nah, wrestling is gay.

i'm not trying to win an argument, i'm just simply pointing out that simply because i watch wrestling as a 26 year old, that does not make me a closet homosexual, nor am I wrestling with gay tendencies.

it's entertainment. the same reason there's a Walking Dead thread right below this, entertainment.

and because this entertainment is scripted, that's what makes two men wrestling gay? but when it's unscripted as UFC is, totally fine. isn't that a double standard. regardless of the type of competition, it's still two dudes in a ring or a cage rubbing up against each other.

don't doubt the athleticism of what these guys do. sure the matches are predetermined, but that doesn't make what they're doing in the ring "fake". there's as many injuries in a WWE ring as there is in any other sport.

Dude, I used to watch wrestling too. I used to watch the classics when I was a kid. I was an adult when the attitude era came out. But as a grown man now, its horrible to watch. I don't know if you're looking for a little nostalgia? Only way I would watch it, is if it was with my kid, even then I wouldn't pay attention as much.

Jets Insider VIP
    Wrestling and UFC are for fags.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Dude, I used to watch wrestling too. I used to watch the classics when I was a kid. I was an adult when the attitude era came out. But as a grown man now, its horrible to watch. I don't know if you're looking for a little nostalgia? Only way I would watch it, is if it was with my kid, even then I wouldn't pay attention as much.
    I was a huge wrestling fan.Still kind of a casual fan.I will flick to Raw once in a while during commercials.

But I agree it pretty much sucks now.I loved the attitude era.

And I will say during the attitude era they had a ton of hot chicks

UFC bores the hell out of me.Every fight I see they just roll around for 5 rounds.Call me old school but I still prefer boxing.But the one thing I'll give UFC credit for is they give the fans the fights they wanna see..unlike boxing.

If you don't know Bruno San Martino or Chief Jay Strongbow the Iron sheik ,George the Animal Steel then you never saw wrestling when it was plain campy and fun.

You're defending yourself a little to vigorously. Enjoy your wrestling.