Thread: Will the real Woody please stand up!

Will the real Woody please stand up!

1.Woody wood pecker is a billionaire
    2. The Republican advocate
    3. Tebow fan
    4. Media circus lover
    5. Johnson & Johnson man
    6. Raise ticket prices to ridiculous levels

Woody your a nice guy & need to stick to signing checks please this is our team the Jets & you need to steer clear & let Rex makes calls.

Leon Hess was a true gentlemen & knew his role as owner.

Veteran
    Twitter: @woodyjohnson4

Your call.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    3. Tebow fan
    4. Media circus lover
    5. Johnson & Johnson man

Woody your a nice guy & need to stick to signing checks please this is our team the Jets & you need to steer clear & let Rex makes calls.

Very childish, but I agree with you 120%.

Woody you came into town saying you wanted a winner & we know you had good intentions. We the fans, Players, coaches etc need the return of the original Woody Johnson

What can he do? I don't really understand the cap stuff but I don't suppose with holMEs and Revis on IR he can throw more money at our personnel issues? without their drain we could buy another half a team.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    What can he do? I don't really understand the cap stuff but I don't suppose with holMEs and Revis on IR he can throw more money at our personnel issues? without their drain we could buy another half a team.
    The trying to make headlines to sell tickets deal is the big problem. It bit us in 2008 and it will again now. 2008 getting Favre screwed up the rebuilding process Mangini had underway. 2012 we get Tebow instead of some OL, a RB, or a WR only because Woody wants to make headlines.

He is loving going on these talk business shows blabbing about Tebow.

Practice Squad
    3. Tebow fan
    4. Media circus lover
    5. Johnson & Johnson man

I have no fond memories of Leon Hess. In fact, he was just as bad an owner as Johnson is. He didn't care about the fans, putting us in Giants Stadium and in NJ. Bad decisions across the board with the exception of the Parcells hire. Never had really good football people running our organization. Fired Walt Michaels on the plane back from AFC championship because Michaels was spouting off and was angry about how Shula was allowed to leave the tarp off the field and it killed the Jets running game.

I could go on and on but bottom line has been consistently bad decision making by ownership, putting people in charge who were clueless football people. That is a common thread in our history.

Jets Insider VIP
    3. Tebow fan
    4. Media circus lover
    5. Johnson & Johnson man

LOLZ.

No, hire a real GM.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    You know what billionaires do?

Whatever they want.

All Pro
    3. Tebow fan
    4. Media circus lover
    5. Johnson & Johnson man

I thought rerun season was in the summer....this thread jumped the shark in post # 1

Take this whatever you want but my dad was talking to a jets employee today and he had a few things to say about Woody and the way this team was run...

-Rex's statement about not putting Revis on IR so he can play in the Super Bowl was a dig to Woody Johnson because Woody thinks this is such a great football team from top to bottom.

-Woody is fed up with Tannenbaum and his moves (who isn't). The reason the Jets are $10 million under the salary cap is that Woody is not letting Tannenbaum spend any more money on the team since there are alot of big money contracts tied into this team.

-If the the season really turns to s***, Woody is willing to fire Tannenbaum and his number one choice to run the show after Tanny is gone is Bill Cowher (I was surprised to hear that name). He would have his choice to keep Rex or not but he will run the front office.

Interesting stuff. Like I said, take it was a grain of salt if you want but these things may show who the real Woody Johnson is.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexamillion5592 View Post
    Take this whatever you want but my dad was talking to a jets employee today and he had a few things to say about Woody and the way this team was run...

-Rex's statement about not putting Revis on IR so he can play in the Super Bowl was a dig to Woody Johnson because Woody thinks this is such a great football team from top to bottom.

-Woody is fed up with Tannenbaum and his moves (who isn't). The reason the Jets are $10 million under the salary cap is that Woody is not letting Tannenbaum spend any more money on the team since there are alot of big money contracts tied into this team.

-If the the season really turns to s***, Woody is willing to fire Tannenbaum and his number one choice to run the show after Tanny is gone is Bill Cowher (I was surprised to hear that name). He would have his choice to keep Rex or not but he will run the front office.

Interesting stuff. Like I said, take it was a grain of salt if you want but these things may show who the real Woody Johnson is.
    You should keep your dads private conversations, just that.

Appreciate the post but my daughter took a cab today and the cab drove by the JETS office and the cab driver said the opposite.

My dad said the same thing ...then again, he's 92 and has Alzheimer's.

If only this was true. But then that would mean the Woody actually gives a damn about the Jets which is far from the truth.

I imagine he's looking at the bottom line moneywise even if we don't win as much...tebow...

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    If only this was true. But then that would mean the Woody actually gives a damn about the Jets which is far from the truth.
    And shares his feelings with employees .....

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    This............